TMCC29 - Tuna, No Crust! (COMPLETE, RESULTS OUT)

Pacorus Ruisseau Sport

For both speed and economy

4 Likes

For photos, make sure you have your camera focused. If you click on the Camera tab in the photo scene there should be buttons to focus on car and on target that should help with that.

CALLAHAN CERES SR2300

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages. Callahan Division proudly brings to you:

The New Age Hot Rod!

This factory tuner has it all: 140ci 190hp DirecTech straight-four; six-speed manual; adaptive dampers; fully-independent suspension; 225-section sport tires; and a curb weight of well under 1.2 tons, all for a price of AM$17,400.

10 Likes

Greetings from Freedom France
Here’s the Etoile Transatlantique 240 Quatre Sportif

Built on a regular FWD compact car platform, this coupe writes checks it can’t quite cash…at least stock. 0-100 in 6,1s and 250 km/h top speed isn’t bad, but it’s no Lambo, dude.

The 2.0 i4 turbo engine is moderately related to Etoile’s rally efforts, and puts out a solid 240 hp. It is rather overbuilt and underboosted though - ripe for ECU shenanigans.
Turn off the euro speed limiter, rip off a muffler or two, put a sPoRt air filter on, give it some 98, and you’ll be in the 300 km/h cool kids club in no time. Good thing the “Quatre” fancy frenchy word means it’s got AWD.

De Gaulle-ry

2 Likes

Aaaaaand CUT!!

That’s it, submissions are now closed.

I have received additional cars from:

@Knugcab
@Ludvig
@pen15
@quiz
@SheikhMansour
@Texaslav

I will attempt to review them quickly over the next few days, so sit tight and I will try my best for results.

3 Likes

ALYX Zénith R64

Gallery

Interior by @kookie
Exterior by @pen15

13 Likes

I am sorry to report, but we do have one submission that has not survived being binned:

The Okudara Megan

And it is not a small error either: First off, the engine is completely illegal; both being 15 years too new, and using incorrect techpool…

But also, the approximate cost of this car is… not legal. The absolute max price is 22,500. This car is…

20230706144440_1

That is… just a touch higher. I suspect the year of the engine, lack of techpool and the build of it had a hand in bumping it up the price.

Now that I have had a thumb thru, I will go back with a finer toothed comb and start to compare the cars and work on a ranking list for all the other cars. I will try to working on this over the next few days but I do have work over the weekend so it may take longer than I would like.

5 Likes

I have gone over the cars again, and sadly have to announce that there are more disqualifications. I don’t know if my wording of the rules was poor but I thought I was clear enough with them.

First off: The Homura V28 Spec C @donutsnail

Disqualified for: Exceeding maximum budget.

Second: The Neptune Prism @quiz

Disqualified for: Incorrect Techpool

Third: the Pittsburgh Stylo LS @Rise_Comics

And fourth: the Pacorus Ruisseau Sport @SheikhMansour

I fear my single line in the hard rules section may have been interpreted a different way to it’s intention, but the majority of people did in fact leave all the techpool of their cars as default so it is hard to know. Also, in spite of my own no resubmissions rule, I did allow Rise_Comics to simply because the rule banning the legacy bodies mod was implemented after their submission, hence the different car.

I hope my ruleset and initial post hasn’t made me come off as being inflexible, as I have been working in the background to try and make sure that all the entrants have had the fairest chance at being able to compete in this friendly competition. And I have all the info for the scoring so I will try to have the results out within the next couple of days, baring any interruptions involving work schedules.

1 Like

One tip: When you put up a post with the cars, tag the users that have created them, so they easier can see that their car now has been reviewed, might be easy to miss otherwise.

4 Likes

Corrected now, I just didn’t want to make it seem like I was targeting anyone when talking about disqualifications. Or being unjustly mean.

PRE JUDGING NOTE

How the judging will go is that all the stats mentioned in the 3 star, 2 star, and 1 star categories are ranked from best to worst, and the ranking is multiplied by the number of stars per stat. Probably not the best way to do this, but its easy and simple and gets this done. Also, the cars will be shown off in ranking in ascending order.

JUDGEMENT DAY

Okay, now that we have all of the potential cars to be used in ‘Tuna, No Crust’, all parked in a nice line here in the backlot of the studio so the production team can have a thumb through them all and give a quick description for for the studio execs to make the final decision on which car will be used for the show. Let’s get to it!

16. Wells Leta G-Sport (@Ducethetruth100)

An… interestingly styled car with a very interesting engine. But it does have the best safety features of all the cars sent to us for the show.

15. Umbra Jara STG (@Danicoptero)

A sporty 5 door hatch with a small capacity 6 cylinder, and the most practical car here, even at the cost of being the most expensive to service.

14. Nerruci N300 GTR (@04mmar)

A very sporty coupe, one of the sportiest shown here, and with reasonable value as well. Let down by overall figures that are on the weaker side.

13. Yajurushi Revio GT5 Turbo (@Ch_Flash)

Very sleek and has almost pure sports/supercar styling, while also being both relatively sporty and comfortable at the same time, and also very safe for the segment

12. Betterdeals Eggo RRRR (@Djadania)

The cheapest model here, and one of the sportier cars giving ode to “Cheap and Cheerful”, if it wasn’t also hard on the driver and passengers as they had fun

11. Globus Stallion Turbo S (@Happyhungryhippo)

A solid contender for being easy to drive and one of the most comfortable models in the group, but at the cost of being less sporty and more costly to service.

10. KHI Boomslang (@doot)

A fun little pocket rocket, but unfortunately gets overshadowed by many of the other cars here. But is closer to the top of the list for a reliable motor.

09. Autowelt Roach RSW Turbo (@nicxv)

A more rounded and slightly retro take within the market. Easier to control and keep at the edge, but is one of the weakest cars in the event of an accident.

08. Etoile Transatlantique 240 Quatre Sportif (@ludvig)

Sleek and futuristic, and goes easy on fuel as well. Mid pack with handling and comfort but lacks the space inside that many others offer.

07. GEC G2SR 2.0 (@abg7)

Another baby sports/supercar with the sportiness to show for it, as well as the supposed reliablity and practicality issues of a supercar.

06. Valiant Vivus GT200 (@mart1n2005)

Fun for the whole family, with slightly above average stats overall, in spite of the higher cost for the car and the more comfortable ride.

05. Zénith R64 (@pen15/@kookie)

The most expensive car in the line up, but it does walk the walk. Very easy to drive and comfortable to live with.

04. Billancourt Cité BSt (@the-chowi)

A kooky French Hatch, and as fun to drive as it is to admire. Even if it costs a pretty Euro to buy and maintain.

03. Vaughn Firebolt GTC (@Knugcab)

A homegrown hero, showing good value and reliability. A bit of a handful to drive comparatively, but is still a solid all round mention.

02. Callahan Ceres SR2300 (@Texaslav)

Similar to the Firebolt, but less money and more sportiness. But the cost savings come in the form of being less comfy or safe.

01. AT lumi² (@T0M)

An overall great car. Easy to look at, to drive and to be in. A higher than average fuel consumption seems to be the only major downfall.

FINAL WORDS

And congratulations to @T0M for having the AT lumi² featured in the newest TV craze, ‘Tuna, No Crust!’ Our teams will make quick work making this car into a lean, mean, tuner machine! But that is all for today. We’ll see you next time on ‘Tuna, No Crust!’

Thank you for everyone who participated with my first major comp host. I hope everything was okay and that people look forward to whoever will host the next TMCC. Also, I will leave this Google Sheet that has my scoring and the point spread if people want to see. The appearance is on my personal opinions on how the cars look compare to my interpretation for a 2000s tuner. If people would like me to comment on the looks in private just send me a message on here and I will try my best to explain myself.

8 Likes

Well hell, second! I can live with that. Quick turnaround, though as far as TMCCs went this was very cut and dry.

5 Likes

Didn’t expect third in this tough competition, thanks a lot.

2 Likes

damn first place? god damn i think that’s my first! thank u sneaky

3 Likes

Congratulations on your win! By the way, is your car front- or all-wheel drive? Also, if no other person is capable of hosting, then I will take the reins for TMCC30.

1 Like

thank you! and yes, it’s fwd. also i could host TMCC 30
this is my first w im taking the opportunity lmao

4 Likes

I did way better than I thought I would honestly

2 Likes

I built once again a typical Globus that didnt really support the high-strung engine. Well, I am slightly disappointed, but at least the car wasn’t called being bad.

3 Likes

Did my headlights miss the export bus???

2 Likes

No… I ACTUALLY BEAT PEOPLE!?!
Trolling failed, return to HQ.
(seriously though how)

2 Likes