TMCC34 - Triple Caution (COMPLETE)

Previous TMCC

TMCC34 - Triple Caution

The Plot

It’s 1985, somewere in the USA. The story follows a short-tempered, unsuccessful racing driver named Jimmy Levinson, who can barely keep control over a car because his driving style is so aggressive. He’s now one of the biggest laughing stocks in all of motorsport.

But one day, his German uncle Karl arrives in the USA. Karl is a legendary rally driver, but has since retired, and is now interested to see Jimmy’s racing skills, even though he is blissfully unaware of his reputation. Jimmy reluctantly agrees, but the problem is that no racing series even wants to give him a chance to compete.

However, he happens to pickup a flyer for a banger race that happens to accept anyone, no matter how bad at and/or if they’re even licensed to drive. But the deadline for entry happens to be in just 5 minutes, so Jimmy gets Karl into his car and rushes over there to sign up, wrecking his car once he arrives. Jimmy passes it off as “practice”.

Jimmy gets accepted into the race, and after driving for his life, he finishes in 2nd place to the surprise of the whole crowd, and more so himself. This is the catalyst of what gives Jimmy motivation to finally turn his lousy reputation around and become an actually competent racing driver.

Through Karl’s rigorous training, he eventually becomes skilled enough to get accepted into the WRC, and gets to travel the world. He does become enemies with nearly everyone he meets, including his co-driver (he has enough decency for this to not be Karl), but he becomes a fan favorite.

Triple Caution is a 2005 sports comedy movie set 20 years ago as a satirical homage to the fastest and most dangerous era in rally history. Your goal is to make a Group B rally car that Jimmy Levinson will drive once he makes it into the big leagues.

RULES

• Trim/Variant Year: 1985
  • Seat Count: 2 full seats
  • Tire Compound: Racing Rally
  • Interior: Race interior Type and Basic AM Radio
  • Traction Aids: Must be none
  • Max Fuel Octane: 100 RON Ultimate
  • Budget: $45,000 AMU
  • Advanced trim settings are allowed within reason.
  • Techpool: Min. +2 in each category, max $30M sum of engine and trim
  • See the table below for displacement/weight/tire width limits
Displacement (NA) Displacement (TC) Min. Weight Max Sum of F+R Tire Width
≤1000cc ≤714cc 580 kg 405mm
1001-1300cc 715-928cc 675 kg 430mm
1301-1600cc 929-1143cc 750 kg 455mm
1601-2000cc 1144-1438cc 820 kg 510mm
2001-2500cc 1439-1786cc 890 kg 560mm
2501-3000cc 1787-2143cc 960 kg 560mm
3001-4000cc 2144-2857cc 1100 kg 610mm
4001-5000cc 2858-3571cc 1235 kg 660mm
≥5001cc ≥3572cc 1300 kg 710mm

Naming

• Model name: TMCC34 - (your username here)
  • Model Trim and Engine variant: free

PRIORITIES
:star: :star: :star:

Design

Obviously, there’s no real competition here, so the top priority is to make a car that stands out over anything. Liveries are encouraged.

Realism

A scary amount of the budget is being committed to authentic Group B cars, so make sure they’re authentic as possible.

:star: :star:

Performance

When Jimmy isn’t carried to victory by heavy plot armor, the cars should be fast enough to not make it look entirely fake.

Reliability

Less breakdowns for complicated old death traps means more time for filming.

:star:

Safety

It would be terrible for history to repeat itself while filming a silly comedy movie.

Drivability

Same reason as above this.

NOTES

• Interiors are not required, nor will they be judged.
  • The co-driver/victim’s name is Max Porcari, also from the USA.
  • Levinson’s blood type is O+, Porcari’s blood type is AB+.

SUBMISSIONS

• Submissions open 2024-06-18T04:00:00Z then close 2024-07-10T03:59:00Z.

INSPIRATIONS

Audi Quattro

Ford RS200

Lancia Delta S4

Peugeot 205 T16

Mazda Rx-7 Evo

MG Metro 6R4

Nissan 240RS

Lancia 037

15 Likes

This reflects the requirement for each car to be able to accommodate both a driver and a co-driver, as per contemporary regulations. But would a race interior actually be required? I’m assuming it is, given that the director is looking for race cars and not road cars (although those race cars are nonetheless road car-based).

Does AWD vs RWD matter?

Here’s the rear of select Group B cars which I took screenshots of in my EA Sports WRC game

Group B rears

Audi Quattro

Ford RS2000

Lancia Delta S4

MG Metro 6R4

Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2

BMW M1 Procar Rally

Lancia 037 Evo 2

Opel Manta 400

Porsche 911 SC RS

2 Likes

SAMIR YOU ARE BREAKING THE CAR

5 Likes

I assume that driving aids are forbidden?

just revised the rules a bit, if there’s anything i should add before opening subs, let me know

Any particular entertainment to be a substitute for the radios? I was using standard AM radio as a place holder

Wait so… no race and just design? great! Hmmm, stand out… does that mean look good or crazy?

A basic AM radio could suffice, to simulate an intercom.

In case I get to make a car for this, I can either:

• Make his Junior Rally Car (people who know me probably know I’m an ace at making Underpowered Cars)

• Actually make him an rally car

just changed the rules to require a basic am radio, and with that…

:bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang: SUBMISSIONS OPEN :bangbang: :bangbang: :bangbang:

Do we know the co driver’s name? I want to add it to the car :slight_smile:
also, blood type?

its propably fine as long you don´t write consistency, color and temperature of the driver´s poo on the car.

[although I can see why the blood type is maybe useful, considering how bad the crashes in Group B in the 80s were, when I was riding a motorbike hard I made sure I ate nothing that day in case I need surgery in the ER if that riding went wrong]

Is it ok to make aero invisibile? I want to make a 3d fixture aero but then that wouldn’t have any aero effect

I’ve never entered a competition that uses AMU as the cost unit. This is still the estimated price that automation generates for you on the detail screen, right? Just in a different currency?

afaik it just means automation bucks

tbh i just found out about blood types on rally cars thanks to this
however, i never even thought about a name for the codriver, so i’ll get back to you once i do

just don’t hide more than 1 wing wherever that is

Tip for anyone who wants more power, put 7 techpoints into ‘Top End’ and you’ll get access to ‘VVT- All Cams’ which gives you a lot more power

2 Likes

can we make up a name for the codriver or have you come up with one?