TMCC35 - Far Horizon [Instabins out, reviews pending]

No need to smack talk like that

4 Likes

At first I almost thought that is 1999 Dodge Charger R/T concept because of the length. Nice looking.

Not very sportsmanlike to talk about other competitors like that

4 Likes

Sounds like Tesla when they say the Cybertruck can win a drag race against a Porsche 911 when towing another of these. I mean, that’s a kind of boasting, and it isn’t really a good sportmanship, like the guys said above. But anyway, nice design, nonetheless.

The styling comment was directed at Toyota and BMW, not any of you. I’ll edit it anyway to avoid further misunderstanding.

3 Likes

Just to not have total radio silence, I expect to have instabins out by tomorrow. A ranking with quick and short reviews could be done by Monday as it’s the national holiday but something more detailed would have to take a while longer, as I also have to contend with university.

Instabins

It’s a cold, drizzly September morning at the TeleStream corporate offices. The poorly-paid, highly-caffeinated, Gen-Z intern sits down at her workstation, letting out a sigh of tiredness as she opens her emails. She’s been tasked with doing a preliminary screening of potential hero cars for the Far Horizon remake before they’re sent up to the producers for further examination.
As she’s scrolling down, ticking cars off the list, something catches her attention.

“How’s anyone meant to see outta this thing?” – she scoffs – “and anyway, the red stuff all around is enough to put it in the blacklist.”

@Vento – When you asked on Discord I thought you meant a slight tint in the glass, not this. Binned for not following the rules on accent colours.

After getting distracted by Family Guy TikToks with Subway Surfers gameplay for a few minutes, she goes back to the list of cars on her monitor. “This is a nice design, pretty modern and well-executed”, she thinks, “though it looks like someone forgot to take off the splitter protector, that yellow thing isn’t going to fly with the producers.”

@thpethalk – Also binned for not following the rules on accent colours.

With another TikTok break and another coffee down, she gets back to work. A car catches her eye, yet again a good design let down by an overlooked technicality. “Well this looks nice, maybe a bit 90s but still, well done all around”, she thinks to herself, “though it seems the interior proportions don’t really match what the bosses are looking for, sad.”

@Ch_Flash – Binned for not following seating rules

“Alright, this next one looks pretty good” – she hopes it passes on, as she likes the design – “aaah crap, what the hell is up with this engine?”, she sees it has an engine from 2012 and is disappointed that she has to cross it off the list.

@fabiremi999 – Binned for not having the correct engine variant year

“Cool, another V10”, she says as she sees the next entry, “but damn, another fumble, the whole darn thing is out of date.”

@Snarklz – Binned for not having the correct trim and variant years

“Well, that seems to be it for me”, she says to herself as she gets back to watching Reddit stories with Minecraft gameplay on TikTok and drinking her fourth iced latte with oat milk.

6 Likes

I really got binned for the splitter guard??? lmao

I’m still curious where it would have ended up if someone remembered to remove the guards though. I’ll take the bin, but plz plz plz let me know where it would have placed otherwise.

2 Likes

Yes, as the rules say

I would have to do it for all bins, for fairness sake, but sure, I’ll add a short addendum to the final reviews with just their objective scores.

How the hell did that slip past me :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

You aren’t the only one.

1 Like

In the case of the Vento bin, I really wonder if it’s the glass material mod you don’t have? Because with lacking materials you will get parts using that material painted in default red. The game does not alarm you if you are missing a material mod.

Vento’s own pics suggest otherwise:

Also, mine came out silver for some reason:

And in JOC6B, blue:

2 Likes

Well, that’s not the default red
And even if the windows weren’t like that, it has red stuff all over which is what disqualifies it

2 Likes

Thank goodness, my car wasn’t insta-binned. Good luck to all the other competitors! And good luck next time for whoever was disqualified.

yay I was passed for follow the rule

I mean, I always double check to see if my cars can get qualified before submitting, except once that I had to change fixture placement in last minute and resubmit, which the host let me do it, thank goodness. But even if you double check stuff, sometimes a mistake happen.

I’m glad that all my builds didn’t get binned by disqualification, but by another reason instead. Even if I won’t probably win, since there are some gorgeous entries out there (I’m looking at you, Debonair), I can hope I’ll rank well in this competition.

2 Likes

Just an update, I have decided to do a more detailed writeup rather than a quick ranking, so reviews are still in progress and won’t be out today.

3 Likes