Tochikura Motor Corporation

2024 Tochikura KT-50 Concept

3 Likes

For all the '94 CCX-esque body’s limitations (such as a short engine bay and no rear window by default), you have worked around them very well indeed - and apart from the angular rear wing, it’s a more curvaceous and minimalist design compared to many modern hypercars (and one that works very well, to boot).

1 Like

Thanks! It was my first serious attempt at a modern hypercar design and tried not to go totally bananas with it.

2013 Tochikura Panther

4 Likes

Good job tho looks nice your stuff is really improving a lot and you’re designs are nice and coherent :+1:

3 Likes

1993 Tochikura KT-20

I think the KT-20 is built on the larger version of the NA1/NA2 NSX-esque body sets (~2.6m wheelbase), judging by the photos.

Also, my guess is that it’s powered by a 2.0L turbocharged engine (most likely an I4 or V6), as its name suggests.

2 Likes

Nope, it’s got a 3.0L flat 6. The 20 in the name is because the model is meant to celebrate the company’s 20th anniversary (it’s founding year is 1973)

But you’re right on it being based on the NA1 NSX bodyset

Is that flat-six normally aspirated or turbocharged? And how much power and torque does it make? Either way, I think it was chosen for its lower center of gravity compared to a V6.

Its an N/A flat 6 making 221 horsepower.

And I gave it a flat six as I gave my Tochikura brand Subaru’s thing of making every car boxer powered lol

So what transmission and differential type is this engine mated to?

6 speed manual and a geared LSD

How much does it weigh, then? And what suspension type does it use (front and rear)?

Weighs 3246 lb and has double wishbone front and back

Why does it weigh so much, then, for something purported to be a lightweight sports car? I’m wagering it’s built on a (corrosion-resistant or galvanized) steel chassis with (treated) steel (or possibly partial aluminum) panels.

Oversight admittedly lol. The chassis was made of galvanized steel with aluminum panels.

All Tochikura models (so far) in BeamNG

2 Likes

Then again, this body set is quite large, which explains its unusually high weight - although switching to corrosion-resistant or AHS steel, or even glued aluminum (the latter two of which can be selected with the right chassis tech pool settings), would reduce it.

It drives quite well in Beam though, unlike my very oversteery Aquila 499 GTB

Realized I forgot the Oncilla, oops

4 Likes