Tom Henks Racing Series [Season 6 Finale results]

@abg7 it’s in the first section of the rules, before it mentions the specifics for engine, trim etc.

Are any kinds of mods allowed?

Yes. Mods are allowed as long as they are publicly available on the Steam workshop (except aero fixtures this time, because aero fixtures of any kind are banned for this season). I try to keep up as much as possible with all the new mods that come out.

2 Likes

@TheTom should we use the stable version of the game?

The latest version is now available as a stable release, so there is no longer any reason not to use it.

In other words, nothing with a displacement of 2001cc or more will be eligible.

This allows the use of single or dual overhead cam heads (per bank) as long as they have two valves per cylinder.

With the techpool settings as they are, a clutched LSD is available, but with so little power on tap from the limited capacity (especially since this round is set in 1995 and all), it wouldn’t be necessary to fit one - they’d be overpowered if we used them.

Again, this is for balancing reasons - disc brakes are not necessary on light cars with so little power.

Does that mean we can fit more (if we want to)?

However, body molding (which doesn’t generate downforce) shaped to resemble a spoiler is allowed if I remember correctly.

No. The car must have exactly 2 seats, both need to be in the front and must be full seats. In other words, no rear seats and the front must have 2 full seats (no compact seats or bench).

Technically yes, but sports cars in the 50’s didn’t have spoilers, so it would not be very authentic to do that.

Drum brakes only: again this is because, while tech pool does allow for disc brakes, they weren’t common on cars in 1955, even on sports cars. In fact, the Citroen DS was the first mass-produced car that had disc brakes and it had only just come out in 1955. If we were doing this in let’ say 1962, then disc brakes would be allowed but we aren’t.

Similarly, open diffs were by far the most used choice even on sports cars back in 1955.

The rest should be clear, I thought that listing the rules/requirements as bullet points would be easier for players to follow while building, as opposed to me writing a whole paragraph to explain each rule individually. I figured it was pretty self-explanatory that if the maximum allowable capacity is 2000cc, then 2001cc or more is not allowed.

1 Like

Alright, submissions are now open! You can submit your car via my discord until next Saturday, 21st of January, at 6pm CEST.

Submissions are now closed! We have 15 entries this time and no disqualifications.

I did update the rules post earlier today, but in case you missed it, this is how the Top Trumps style cards will look this season:

I will make a card like this for every competitor’s car in the coming days. Race 1 will start next Saturday at 6pm CEST and will be streamed on my Youtube channel.

1 Like

I was thinking about entering this, until I realized that some of the entrants’ engines had 150 horsepower or more, whereas mine had only 110 - a considerable disadvantage, and one that I didn’t think I could overcome. Still, good luck to the entrants!

Meet the contenders, here in alphabetical order (by car name)

Which one will be fastest? Stay tuned for race 1, which will start next Saturday, 28th of January, at 6pm CEST. See you there!

7 Likes

Don’t forget to tune in to the Stream on youtube

although i wont make it there in time :frowning:

Race 1 starts in 1 hour from now and will be streamed on Youtube. Don’t miss it, it’s gonna be a good one!

Race 1 of the new season will begin shortly! Join the stream now to watch live THRS Season 3 - Round 1, Race 1/2 - YouTube

Alright, the first race is over. Lots of reruns today because these cars are difficult to get the best out of. But once me and everyone else were happy with the runs for all the cars, these were the final results:

ImKaeR taking the win, but to be perfectly honest, I think the first 10 cars all have a shot at being top 3 in a future race. So the results in race 2 could look totally different!

4 Likes

The second race of round 1 is starting in 1 hour from now! As always, it will be streamed live on my youtube channel, so don’t forget to tune in!

2 Likes

Race 2 in Round 1 is starting momentarily. Watch live here: THRS Season 3 - Round 1, Race 2/2 - YouTube

Alright, race 2 has now concluded. If you missed it, you can rewatch it via the link above.

As I suspected last time, this race brought a different winner, and it’s Minos taking the win this time. Behind him was ImKaeR followed by Gridghost, and TCup with another solid 4th place. Tez dropped a few points this time, coming 6th behind Random41.

Overall, this means ImKaeR is still ahead but his lead is only 2 points over Minos. Then there’s a 3-way tie between Tez, TCup and Gridghost, all of them being 8 points behind Minos.

The season is still young, however, and I think all 5 of these cars have a realistic shot at the overall title or at least coming top 3 overall. The GAZ made good points this time, and I suspect it’ll do so again in the next 2 races where its strong torque curve as well as its balanced handling and good traction will be very beneficial. So I think it’s got an outside chance of disrupting the top positions overall.

As for next race, beyond these 6 I think the Jidosha will do very well because it’s so nimble which will come in very handy on Jungle Rock Island with its many tight corners, and the torque and gearing of this car should also be a very good fit for this track.

As for the eliminations, Ch Flash, Laci and PaulThatWalks are out and we will be continuing from here with 12 cars remaining.

5 Likes

Today’s race starts in 1 hour from now! As always it’ll be streamed live on Youtube. I have a feeling this race will be very close.

2 Likes

aaand we’re live! Race 1 in Round 2 will start in just a moment THRS Season 3 - Round 2, Race 1/2 - YouTube

1 Like