Top Gear Challenge (Active again) (Round 1 Ended)

We now have (or soon will, :slight_smile:) entrants from the 50’s, 60’s, 80’s, 90’s and 2010’s… This will be one fascinating competition IMO! :smile_cat:

1 Like

Well, I was going to post my 1951 Petoskey Indian, but since the '50s are covered I’ll instead post this:

The 1967 Petoskey Romero SE

With the retirement of the Rapier in 1964, Petoskey Motors was left without a full size sedan. While the Cortino and Rebel were capable cars outright, Petoskey still needed something to fill the void. In 1965 the Romero was debuted. Buyer enthusiasm picked up. The car rolled off the assembly line for the 1967 model year. The car was driven by the legendary Petoskey 432 V8, the first time this engine has been used in a regular automobile. While not the most powerful variant available, it still provided reasonable power through the three speed automatic to move the two ton vehicle. The Romero proved most popular as a fleet vehicle as it was practical and reasonably priced at $17,050. This particular model is the SE trim. Priced at $18,480 the added cost was reasonable enough to make the SE trim very popular. Featuring a modified suspension, more comfortable interior, and chrome trim, the Romero SE has often been called the “Poor mans Ventnor”

Come on down and test drive a Romero today, see what Petoskey Motors most versatile car has to offer.

3 Likes

Ill hopefully be entering this challenge too, i want to see the results between a 60s land yacht, 50s boat, a suv and modern cars. This will be hilarious.

Also, be carefull with the cost, the cost between the open beta and the stable version is pretty different.

Don’t worry if something isn’t correct in the submission i’ll notify you ASAP.

EDIT: 9 entries! Wow, such different cars, so variable :dog:

1 Like

This is my first time entering a competition so i don’t expect much but i saw there were no entries from the 2000’s so here is mine .

This danish made cruser is the Izen Ildor V8 from 2009 and you can get the stock model for just under 20000 dollars. Some say that the 4 liter V8 and the suspension was bought from an american compeny all we know is that 289 Bhp the V8 spits out is enough to get this four door station wagen up to a speed of 240 km/h (149 mph) while still being able to go 7.2 Km/l (20.3 Mpg). This is the first car Izen moters has made but it does not fall apeat at the seems so it might help make Izen a household name in the future

1 Like

I was planning on submitting a vehicle like what sanguinuity made but more like a car that actually could make it into production and did decently in many markets(and already made it before seeing his car), but now I’m considering making a 70’s car.

This is an excellent idea for a challenge. I unfortunately don’t have time to enter it, but hopefully it will run smoothly and become a recurring thing!

2 Likes

well i didn’t see this challenge for a while and it flew like a rocket. i may make a car later if there’s still a space. not soon though, have stuff to do

[quote=“Suprec, post:26, topic:15679”]
This is my first time entering a competition[/quote]
You need to send me the car (or post the file here). If you donn’t know how to:

• Go on automation
  • Sandbox
  • Select your car
  • Press export
  • go on /Document/MyGame/Export
  • Attach the .zip file to a PM or in the thread

So I was looking for a family car and was headed to Honest John’s Car Sales.

Then I saw her….sitting in a scrap yard all lonely, rusty and unloved. A 1960 Routemaster Tourer. :heart_eyes:

It was love at first sight so I went and paid $145 which included the delivery.

Once off the back of the pickup she promptly fell apart. GASP!! :flushed:

So, $9,455.01 later I present the fully restored beauty. :heart_eyes:

Fitted with a 2015 First Order 3.5L V8 producing 227hp. 6 speed SCT replaces the original 3 speed
automatic transmission. :sunglasses:

Valued at $19950 (which would include a 5% fee for the sale)

Wife and kids left me because it took the best part of 12 months for the restoration and we had no car for day trips in that time. :sob:

I have a family car….just need to find a family. :laughing:

Thanks for reading this drivel!!!

3 Likes

The 1978 H.A. 455 E should be an interesting addition to this challenge. Being from the Soviet era Archanian company, it was the luxury car for government officials of the time. Features include a 5.0L V8 from a heavy truck, automatic transmission and power steering, a manual locker for the rough roads, and an actual high quality interior and safety (unlike other H.A. cars) with luxurious features and an 8-track player. These were sold for $17,500 in Archania at the time, with 0% profit because Communism does not allow personal riches… excluding government officials.

2 Likes

Introducing the 1978 Roadship 547 LE

This is a heavy duty wagon that was designed to be as 'murrican as possible with it’s carburated 547 CI V8 with no airfilter, catalytic converter, or mufflers for maximum air freedom, extra wide rear fenders for drag tyres, duallies, or offroad tyres plenty of chrome, steel wheels, rear leaf springs, incredible performance and a luxurious, spacious interior at the low price of 18500. Whether you are looking for a heavy duty work vehicle, a cheap sports car, a family car, or even a super or hyper car the Roadship 547 is the car for you.

1 Like

So far, I think just about every car posted looks really good. Good job guys!

also, quick question, you cutting it off once a certain amount of cars is reached or no?

EDIT #2

Closing entries and set up a priority system for next challenge will be pretty hard, so i’ve backed down, no entries limit, but probably i’ll need a bit more time for evaluate your craeations. Hoping this is the best solution, Have Fun

Francesco

1 Like

Last 2 days for entering this round

The tensions rises!

1988 was right in the era where Storm Automotive was being sensible with car designs.

The Storm Star was an example of someone having a bit of a laugh. While the engine’s base platform is 3 years old and was used in the Xenon, the Star overhauls the turbocharged beast with new technology. So what purpose was there in choosing a 3.4 liter V8 and fitting it to a ‘modern’ somewhat-sporty two-door droptop? Well, someone had it in mind to make a five-seater go quick, and decided a two-door convertible could be a family car if it wasn’t entirely a bore to drive.

So, naturally, it’d be chosen for this challenge by someone who had plans for a few other possible cars, but this one just happened to be jammed in one of the service elevators anyway, so it just made sense to use it. Apparently, someone just left it there when the elevator stopped working. Been sitting ever since.

4 Likes

Here is my entry:

The 1985 F-Wagon Traveller! The staple of any large family farm, or offroad excursion. For only $14500, usually available cheaper as Army Surplus.