Torrento Automotive Design Thread

The 2004 Torrento Terrain 4x4 is well, a truck. It’s a very capable truck, actually. It can go anywhere, aside from the ocean, and take you along in peace and comfort while doing so. Also, you know that message system the 1996 Torrento Azreia TSR had? The one that gave the car a sort of personality, the one that would remind you to refuel at half tank, nag you to put on your seat belt, get scared when you go over the speed limit, and politely tell you that you left the doors open? Yeah, that one. This truck has a version of that same tech. It also has a great stereo, a CD player, and air conditioning that actually works, unlike an Akamatsu Hero 4x4.

Despite having a good amount of features, such as toggleable 4 wheel drive, toggleable locking differentials, the aforementioned functional air conditioning, as well as the message board from the Azreia TSR, it’s actually surprisingly affordable, and thus the perfect choice for the budding truck enthusiast, worker who needs something to move equipment from point A to point B, or even your redneck uncle who for some reason can’t stop telling inappropriate jokes at family gatherings.

9 Likes

Seems like the kind of thing my insane homophobic uncle would drive

4 Likes

Who knows, he might actually drive one of these.

We still hate him though, even if he does buy our stuff!

3 Likes

So, I may or may not have made two even faster Azreia variants in the time I’ve been dead on the forums.

First off, the Azreia TSR Spec-A.

It’s a lot like the regular Azreia TSR, but it has a slightly more aggressive bodykit and shiny gold rims. Underneath the bodywork it also has a handful of various handling upgrades that allow it to turn more effectively and thus be faster around a track. There were 10,762 of these Spec-A variants produced.

Then, we have the Spec-B.

The Spec-B is a bit insane. 400 horsepower, from the same engine all other Azreia variants have in them. Yes, 400 horsepower from a 1.8 litre inline 4. Like I said, insane. Maybe even stupid. It also has a full carbon fibre hood with a gigantic vent on it, as well as another NACA duct. As well, it has new front fenders with vents in them to help reduce drag. On top of all of that, it has slightly different headlights as well as some different taillights that are unique to the Spec-B. Only 4,500 Spec-B variants were produced, and even fewer exist now.

Why does this even need to exist?

7 Likes

Ditched the existing second generation Azreia in that awkward ad way up yonder, it’s now been replaced with this.

I think it looks much, much better than the previous iteration of the '01-'06 Azreia. There is currently a coupe spec and a sedan spec, named the ST (Sport Track) and ST4 (Sport Track 4-Door). I plan on eventually making an SE spec, TSR, and a couple alternative TSR specs like with the 1996 Azreia.

In the rear I went for vaguely Altezza inspired taillights, and a similar rear bumper design to that of the '96 TSR.

Here’s the ST4. It is almost mechanically identical to the 2-door ST, with the same 210 horsepower turbocharged 92NAI4S inline 4 engine, 5 speed manual transmission, and FWD drivetrain. Other things to note about the ST4 are the different front fascia compared to the ST, with a different style of grille inserts in the upper grille, as well as inserts in the lower grille to match the upper one. It also has foglights in the side vents, rather than up higher on the bumper, which makes the car look more modern in my opinion. The rear end of the car is mostly unchanged.

8 Likes

Hot damn that’s nice. What body?

1 Like

e90 body I believe

Could be, that’d be a hell of a lot of 3d, I barely see any E90 in it.

(I made an American car, blasphemy I know.)

1967-1971 Torrento Aries 427 T/A

Freedom and Liberty, the truly American way. With a Carburated 427 CUI 7.0L V8 producing 262HP and 472Nm of Torque, this baby is perfect for a drive to California and looking sparklingly new in your Nuclear Family driveway. Who cares that it only gets 7.9MPG? Not like there’s gonna be a crippling fuel crisis in less than 10 years, and that dumb Far East importing upstart Akamatsu will save America with it’s cheap and fuel efficient cars. It won’t happen, because America is strong and free and will continue to dominate the late 1960s and 1970s with big beefy V8 powered land barges.

Leather upholestry, wood veneer and an AM/FM radio as standard, all made in America, and of the finest quality, they ain’t gonna break, and that ain’t just marketing talk, 'cause they definitely won’t fall apart within 5 years.

You got everything in the T/A trim, fancy rims, a luxurious interior, sleek black graphics, vinyl top and a colour range with questionable names such as Mango Fire or Mystic Purple. What’s not to love?

9 Likes

It’s made on the E90 body like Sayo said, more specifically the supra variant. And yeah, it did take a not insignificant amount of moulding and work to get right.

1 Like

Now that I know exactly which body was used, what size was it? Is it the one with the ~2.4m wheelbase, or the larger one with the ~2.6m wheelbase? At any rate, it looks unrecognizable compared to the base body, thanks to your artful use of 3d fixtures and body moldings - but it looks far better than the iteration it effectively replaces in the company lore.

1 Like

The car is made on the 2.6m version of the body.

starting to see it in the coupe’s rear window glass, but that is an insane amount of moulding- great job!

SE. Slow as all hell, with only 130hp and a 4 speed auto. Features medium compound tyres on steelies fancied up with chrome hubcaps, available from factory. Also features a parking pole, cool feature only available on JDM models, as well as some mudflaps with red trim in the rear to show how cool and JDM you are. Only comes in 4 door spec, because practical and cool.

7 Likes
1 Like

1970-1973 Torrento Redback 383 T/A

Built for running down kangeroo’s with your 383 CUI N/A 6.2L V8 with 340HP and 500Nm of Torque. Complete with the iconic Australian style.

(Still doesn’t get fuel economy worth jack shit though…)

9 Likes

Finished a project I’ve been working on for literal months
…kinda sucks ngl but here goes nothing

1970 Torrento Pantheon 383, slight boat that go fast. Looks like it should be a 4-door, but is not. 340 horsepower 6.2L V8, 156 mile per hour top speed, yadda yadda yadda, turns a bit if you try hard enough too

It comes in a bunch of violently bright colours that stand out way too much, because 1970.

7 Likes

mm myes formuler

This is the 1978 Torrento TSRD-1A, one of Torrento’s final forays into F1. It was uh, slightly uncompetitive in most applications, with maybe little over half the downforce of competing cars, 50hp less than the leading cars, and a slightly lacklustre top speed of only around about 180 miles per hour, it was only really useful at lower speed circuits, where it was actually quite good, winning two races with it’s incredible 0-60 and 60-120 times, paired with decent low speed handling. It’s also quite remarkable due to it’s surprising durability, the car would only very rarely experience mechanical failures and engine blowouts, and through the entire 1978 season the car only blew up once, due to getting punted into a barrier by another car. The driver made it out safely, thankfully.

7 Likes

2005-2009 Torrento Sunblade

Me and Leone’s first collab car, underneath both cars sport a 6.2L N/A V8 with 400HP and 518Nm of Torque, same RWD setup with a 6 Speed Sequential on a Geared LSD.

Only a few minor changes were made between mine and his versions, such as mine having a spoiler and angry front bumper with no foglights.

(Designed by slashdotretro)

(Designed by Leone)

11 Likes

The '01-'06 Azreia TSR. The example pictured here is painted with the incredibly rare “Grereo Tosse” paint, and has bronze 6 spoke rims that were also a rare option. Nobody knows exactly what “Grereo Tosse” is supposed to mean, so it’s become an inside joke amongst Torrento staff that they named the colour that simply because it sounded cool and exotic. In the engineering department, the car is a technological marvel, with all sorts of crazy tech such as active suspension, active sway bars, hydraulically controlled adjustable aero, a racing sequential (that makes very screamy noises), as well as such luxuries as GPS, and that funny screen from the G1 Azreia TSR, but updated and better. It’s also somehow very slightly cheaper than the previous generation TSR, and there were more of them made. 14,492 G2 Azreia TSRs were made and 14,489 were sold, slightly more successful than the previous generation. The car was deemed an absolute success. A near 300kmh AWD monster of a sedan capable of tearing up the track in any conditions that can also perform well as a daily driver (albeit slightly less so due to the transmission choice) is an incredible thing to think about.

10 Likes