Trackpaduser's mods

I decided that the Hummer was going to wait, and I decided to try making something else instead.

Still need to do some fine tuning and skinning needs to be added, but I think the shape is mostly done.

Another excellent racecar! :smiley:

so very excited for this to be released!

Heaven does exist! :open_mouth:

[quote=“trackpaduser”]I decided that the Hummer was going to wait, and I decided to try making something else instead.

Still need to do some fine tuning and skinning needs to be added, but I think the shape is mostly done.[/quote]

Wow!!! (fapfapfap…) :smiley:

vmo :astonished: put that away!!! Oh god :laughing:

But yes, 956… 787B… I can see why this excites vmo so. It frankly excites me too!

I need this. As soon as possible. And rotaries. And orange and green paint. Me thinks of 787b noises

This is going to be amazing :smiley:

And then there is silly ol’ me who wonders what it would be like if I gave it a small, eco-friendly, 4-cylinder engine and see if it would appeal to the small car buyer who wants to drive around in something that looks flash :confused:

Or go in the opposite direction and make a one-off like the Lotec C1000 and see if it can sell for $3.4 million and still make a profit.

[quote=“trackpaduser”]I decided that the Hummer was going to wait, and I decided to try making something else instead.

Still need to do some fine tuning and skinning needs to be added, but I think the shape is mostly done.[/quote]

Looking good, trackpaduser! Hopefully the Hummer will itself be out by the end of the month, but I’m loving this 787 you made. Can’t wait to try it out. :wink: :wink:

Small progress report:

Did some fine tuning on the mesh.

As well as some skinning. The back part has some decent morphing IMHO, I just need to finish the morphing around the cab and at the front.

Should I put a cargo area at the front?.

I would say nah no need. As if cargo for a race car shell LOL

Looks damn good.

I see a new car body for a race series :wink:

and as far as ‘cargo’ goes i dont think these things are meant to carry much more then a person, a 500ml water bottle and a fire extinguisher :-p

This brings back memories. :slight_smile:

Quick question, is it possible to make morph points to accomodate wheels of different widths? Looks like it would be… difficult!

Yes.

Right now it fits 295 stock and 445 when morphed.

I might make it so the rear end can take even wider tires, but I might not change the front as I already had issues making the look semi-decent when morphed. As for tire width in stock form, it would mean making the engine bay narrower, making it harder to fit very large V configuration engines with very large turbos.

Quite frankly I wouldn’t be surprised if that body ends up being used to break lap records.

1 Like

I think it will be record breaker. You could built hyper light weight RWD cars. with 445 rear tire max, AWD wouldn’t be needed for getting traction with massive horsepower.

It’s not that light, due to how automation calculates weights. In fact it’s slightly heavier than the larger mid-engined car that is currently in the game.

Also, it seems that it will be impossible to use longitudinally mounted turbo charged inline engines for now in mid-engined cars.

I tried and this error appears:

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\EngineCombustion_Aspirati…”]:350: attempt to index field ‘ExhaustPoints’ (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.

OK

And it seems to happen no matter the car or engine, as long as it is inline and turbocharged and that the body is mid engined.

Thankfully transverse works, and V8s work. So if you want to put a 1000HP I4 in it, it should not be an issue.

Car should be released before I go to bed, I’ll edit the title and the OP.

[quote=“trackpaduser”]It’s not that light, due to how automation calculates weights. In fact it’s slightly heavier than the larger mid-engined car that is currently in the game…

Car should be released before I go to bed, I’ll edit the title and the OP.[/quote]

Can’t wait! :smiley: