TROL - Taking Racing Over Losing [FINISHED]

Taking Racing Over Losing

Hirochi Short - Djadania

THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED
BETTERDEALS HAS GOTTEN A WIN IN A ROUND

On Hirochi, BetterDeals (@Djadania) leads the Winthrope Grounded (@pcmoreno) and the AT Moineau (@T0M), @ctesiphon’s cars which look to be very strong competitors struggled with the low speed corners compared to the top 5.

The BetterDeals was the only car to get a sub 1 minute time due to the literally unfathomable amount of downforce giving it nearly infinite grip.

Unsurprisingly the POOPOD (@hjuugoo) is sitting in last currently with a time more than 4 times the leaders time. It sucked, to say the least.

Footage of the best runs is up already, all the runs will be uploaded another time.

West Coast Raceway - LS Swapped RX-7

The Jackdaw (@ctesiphon) wins at West Coast with a 1.3 second margin, followed by the BetterDeals and the Mercer. The Jackdaw has a massive advantage in a straight line compared to the other cars, but the surprise performance is the BetterDeals managing to get 2nd even though it has no straight line speed whatsoever.

Once again, unsurprisingly the POOPOD (@hjuugoo) is miles behind with a 7 minute lap.
Top few cars have footage.

Now, to take a look at the full current standings.

The Mercer is currently in the lead by 2 points due to it’s styling advantage, with the BetterDeals and Moineau tied for 2nd and the Jackdaw in 3rd. POOPOD in last, obviously.

Make sure to take a look at the full sheet, as it includes comments on how ALL the cars drove and updated song ratings.

Next up will be Small Island USA and Rswats Rallycross, both low speed mixed tracks. It will be interesting to see how the cars will perform here.

Also I guess this counts as an ad for the BetterDeals since I forgot to make one :green_circle:

16 Likes

Where are comments? Hovering does nothing…

1 Like

Anything with a yellow triangle.

:sob: I don’t know why it shakes or what to do about it! I forget if it was you or just I who tested a zero-ATS version, but that made no difference.

3 Likes

It was you, but i remember you saying that. It’s unfortunate, but it just happens. Don’t worry about it, at least the steering wasnt broken.

behold, the worst fucking car of all time in beam, and it’s not even close
it’s actually so unbearable, this is just me getting it out of the way before driving anything else

6 Likes

Challenge accepted. The Goober must be… improved

1 Like

I maaaaaay have slightly abused boost creep

but the slider is under 15 psi
Screenshot 2024-05-14 031345

5 Likes

Damn
Well idc its still technically outside of the rules but im gonna allow it

rigged

3 Likes

Testicular Torsion has been cured

P.S. If possible get the airspeed indicator on screen so we can see how fast the poopod is actually going with all that wheelspin

4 Likes

pov: Djadania and LS

12 Likes

Yeah something is going janky with my FWD car in beam - I stupidly made some tweaks & forgot to test it out before sending. Some of the parts/wings seem to either be colliding or not connected properly etc, and the nodes seem to be asymetrical for some reason?

I mean, it was never great at handling, but disappointing its got bugs now…

:frowning:

2 Likes

I want you to take a look at what the car you entered looks like.
It’s karma.

2 Likes

Double podium within it’s PI class isn’t too bad, especially with a car I kinda… built in a less that positive mood in about an hour. And never tested…

2 Likes

You built a normal car which we both liked. That gets you pretty far.

2 Likes

I, for one, blame the decimal system

3 Likes

The Lark’s recent performances across a few challenges has brought into question my ability to tune gearboxes, particularly for race things. Either the adjustment got messed up somewhere, or I have no idea what I’m doing. Or that’s a really bad road car gearbox in something meant to be at least kind of competitive. I have no idea

2 Likes

If only I could finish my troll entry on time…

3 Likes

It’s okay, I submitted two to make up for that

1 Like