Tsukuba Touge Time Trial | AutoBeam Challenge | Finished

Just to confirm, does grip roll refer to the car being able to go up on two wheels under hard cornering on flat ground?

Yep, you ever seen those videos of cars doing the moose test, and they lift up and nearly roll over? Basically a grip roll aided by centrifugal force of the direction change.

ever seen those videos of cars doing the moose test, and they lift up and nearly roll over?

I know what you mean, and I know that the Mercedes A-Class famously had this flaw, but unfortunately I’ve never actually seen it in action due to Mercedes’ lawyers going to great lengths to remove the following video from the Internet:

To reiterate, it was this video that can no longer be seen by the public because Mercedes successfully scrubbed it from the entire Internet to protect their reputation:

1 Like

Don’t do this

citroen-ami

3 Likes

–NOTICE | Submissions Open–

• Please check the end of thread opening again for the naming format and deadline.
  • I will be checking/running the car as soon as submissions start rolling in.

Good luck to everyone.

1 Like

VME has decided to enter its new 1982 Tricolor Works Phoenix, the top trim of the reintroduced Valkyrie muscle car enhanced by an external tuning house, into this time trial to drum up interest in the Japanese market, and show Bruno Schultz and other potential buyers that it can tear up the Touge as well as it whizzes down the Wangan be a comfortable, entertaining car when driven at legal speeds and not cause its occupants to spontaneously combust, even though it has more than 273 horsepower under the hood.

"UUUUGHH, WEEABOO! WEEABOO WEEABOO WEEABOO WEEABOO!
Yeeeah, I saw right through your ruse, you insufferable hipster! YOU DON’T LIKE THIS CAR AND YOU NEVER DID. YOU LIKE A CARTOON. A BOOORING CARTOON. IT’S A DULL CARTOON ABOUT A DUMB TEENAGER AND HIS DRUNKEN DULLARD OF A DAD.

SO YOU WANT AN AE86 BUT CAN’T AFFORD ONE. Fine, get in line, buy your 5th-gen facelift VME Coupe Sparrow Liftback, give it the right paintjob, stick on the tofu delivery decals and own your identity as a broke weeb. Except you don’t, because you think you’re tooooo gooooood for that. So you buy the old fourth-gen instead and give it a period-correct paintjob to be a more “SuBtlE” tribute to a certain slow Corolla driven by an equally slow kid. Oh, hoooow quaint.

Now, there’s nothing wrong with the 1967 VME Sparrow Sportline 220ST (the code standing for the engine displacement in CC divided by 10, and then Special-performance Twin-cam). In fact there’s quite a lot right with it. For one, it produces 12 more horsepower than the Sprinter Trueno despite predating it by 17 years and being carburated. The 2.2L VME Flow-Ratio motor achieves its output of 140hp with four-valve dual-overhead cams, long tubular headers and a performance intake; despite being a four-cylinder the resulting loud drone actually sounds pretty good, and not like a riced-out Civic with fart cans. It’s just that… how much did these things go for not that long ago, at least in America? Nine thousand bucks, tops, and that’s in concours condition. These classics are criminally underrated on their own merits and the value ONLY starts going up because of WEEABOO HIPSTERS who choose it over the proper “Ersatz-Hachiroku”. Grrrrrrrr…"

2 Likes

1985 Valiant Ventis SR-E (touge restomod)

The basis for my first entry is the 1985 Ventis SR-E, the SR-E has a fuel injected version of the 2.3 engine found in the SR that came before it. The SR-E also has a slightly wider body allowing the use of larger wheels and a wider track.

However for the touge restomod this has been replaced with the 2.6l V6 out of the 2005 Vivus GT200, while the engine was out the cams have been replaced, per cylinder throttle bodies with performance intake and custom aftermarket ecu has been installed and to get the exhaust to fit in the engine bay a custom tubular manifold is used.
The stock five speed gearbox and helical gear driven lsd are kept, however the final drive has been increased for a higher top speed.

The brakes have also been used from the Vivus GT200, this gives 300mm vented front discs with twin piston calipers and 275mm solid rear discs with single piston calipers. Fast road pads are also installed. Along with the brakes the hubs have been swapped over giving five stud wheel options.
For the wheels 17" light alloy wheels are used with P225/40R17 cup tyres.

Adjustable springs and dampers have been fitted, along with stiffer front and rear anti roll bars giving the car much higher body control.

Technical Specifications (subject to rule changes)
Length 3.85m
Width 1.72m
Wheelbase 2.52m
Weight 952KG
Chassis Galvanised steel monocoque
Panels Steel panels
Front Suspension MacPherson struts with gas mono-tube dampers
Rear Suspension Semi trailing arms with gas mono-tube dampers
Front Brakes 300mm vented discs, twin piston caliper
Rear Brakes 275mm solid discs, single piston calipers
Steering manual rack and pinion
Front Tyres P225 40R17 93W Radial
Rear Tyres P225 40R17 93W Radial
Engine 2597cc V6 with per cylinder throttle body fuel injection
Transmission five speed manual, front wheel drive
Power 258bhp@7000rpm
Torque 282NM@4900rpm

4 Likes

–NOTICE | Clarification–

• The fuel requirement calling for the car being able to run on Ultimate Unleaded Fuel means you cannot use Leaded Fuel. Yes, the car designed for Leaded Fuel would run on Unleaded Fuel, but not without issues (with exception, which I’m not going to make the ruleset more complicated just to allow it). This is not about realism as much as removing variation in order to simplify things. This applies to every model year so even if you’re making a classic car you have to set the fuel to Unleaded even if it feels counter-intuitive. Every previous entries that have this discrepancy from this misunderstanding have been rectified and legal. I apologized for being unclear.
1 Like

You’ve got the things coming…

OST: Richard Cottle “Set Me Free Again” in the backgound (yup, it’s Hot Version OST)

2012 Colere Spirale Rafale “Touge Special” by Vittess Tuning

If you think the “Rafale” is not fast enough… think again.
The Vittess Tuning lay its hand on this hot French import and tuned up to 11!

Based on Colere Spirale Rafale “Trophe” spec with specialized ECU, Air intake and customized suspension while its engine is still eligible for “Cup race” (still within factory spec)

Apart from the suspension and ECU, the rest is still carried from factory’s “Trophe” spec such as,
Trophe spec air intake, fully stripped interior (with race telemetry system), electronic LSD, and its famous turbocharged 1.6 liter engine with race spec of 270 horsepowers!

Gallery for Colere Spirale Rafale "Touge Special"

Next is the fusion between the old school mechanical and cutting edge technology.

2020 Pocono CS2300 “Trackmeister”

What on earth is the oldschool Group A touring car is showing here?

The Trackmeister showed us that the old homologation can be transformed into a sharpened sword that can still fight beautifully in a gun battle!

Pocono CS2300 was the American “M3”, with high revving 2.3 inline 4 in a light body, and had already shown the world of its capabilities on the track. Now the Trackmeister has transformed into a modern interpretation of the “Track Monster” with cutting edge technologies.

Its heart is still the same old 2.3 inline 4, now has been fully upgraded with modern ECU, direct fuel injection, direct coil ignition, race spec air intake, high flow 4-2-1 headers, and matched with the specialized “Z-TRAX” double clutch transmission.

Not only its heart that had been transformed, but also the body and suspension.
The whole body has been lightened with composite materials, aero-flared arches with the retro “Touring Car Style”, fully adjustable suspension, and “Torq-sen” limited slip differential.

Gallery for Pocono CS2300 "Trackmeister"

6 Likes

1996 Kiyume Fujin KSR

When originally released in 1994, the Kiyume Fujin was a sporty looking but fairly uninspiring vehicle favoured for family transport and taxi duties. This changed two years later, however, with the release of the Fujin KSR. The KSR occupied an enthusiast niche, with a turbocharged 2.8L v6 (sticking to the gentleman’s agreement 200kw in stock form) powering the rear wheels only through a 5-speed manual gearbox.

This particular entry has been given the works by its owner, and almost every part has been upgraded or replaced (peak power now over 300kW), however besides the wide-body kit, wheels and exhaust (and obligatory oil-cooler to address one of the Fujin’s critical issues), the exterior remains fairly stock - not that the KSR was overly subtle to begin with!

1 Like

My second entry - something a bit different from the same manufacturer:

2018 Kiyume click RCS

In 2018, Kiyume released the “click RCS” as their entry into the hot-hatch market. Directly competing against the VW Polo GTI, both in terms of size and performance, the click RCS found success in its home country, but was received with mixed reviews overseas due to its less polished but more engaging behavior. Unique in the segment, Kiyume made the interesting move of offering an AWD variant (manual gearbox only) which found reasonable success in both professional and amateur rally circuits; no doubt helped by the manufacturer’s official support of a number of aftermarket ‘rally-spec’ replacement parts.

This particular entry is a good example of what this vehicle is ultimately capable of. The owner has ticked every box from the Kiyume catalogue of performance parts, as well as pushed the engine to its limits. Where the original 1.5L three-cylinder powerplant was good for just shy of 144kW, this over-engineered marvel is boosted to over 250kW and has been backed up by modifications to suspension, brakes, and aerodynamics. In addition, the interior has been partially stripped in order to save roughly 100kg off the stock weight, meaning that performance gains have been magnified.

1 Like

Presenting the…
1992 Torrent Riptide Tsukuba Edition

The Torrent Riptide Tsukuba Edition sets itself apart from the lesser models with several upgrades, including:

• a more poweral twin-turbo Boxer 6 making a healthy 347hp and 359 lb-ft of torque
  • substantial weight reduction
  • removal of rear seats
  • enhanced aerodynamics
  • exclusive white wheels and graphics

Presenting the…
1982 Torrent Trickle Turbo Tsukuba Edition

The Torrent Trickle Turbo Tsukuba Edition sets itself apart from the lesser models with several upgrades, including:

• a more poweral turbo Boxer 4 making a healthy 273 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque
  • substantial weight reduction
  • addition of AWD
  • enhanced aerodynamics
  • exclusive wheels and graphics

1 Like

1995 TSC Thunderwolf V8 GTR

Shown here with base GT trim for reference - the actual submission only has a limited number of paints, textures, and materials available to reduce file size.

Mods include a lightweight sport interior, large 4-wheel vented disc brakes (4-piston front, 2-piston rear, aggressive aero kit (including sport undertray), close-ratio gearbox, and a highly tuned engine developing 510 bhp thanks to individual throttle bodies, billet internals, a flat-plane crankshaft, a set of high-flow intake and headers, and fully adjustable coilover suspension.

NoncopyrIghtSAN and YarilookedattoyotaS
or the Nissan 350z ZRD Tune and the Zephorus GO! RS ZRD Tune

The GO! has a 1.6L I3 Turbo producing 381hp. All this power goes through a 6 speed DCT gearbox to all wheels. The car is extremely light at 1160kgs, it should be a real pocket rocket.

The 350z has lightly modified exterior bodywork but a heavily modified engine, with a rear mount turbo and forged internals it now produces 600hp from the 3.5L V6. Full weight interior apart from the sport seats means it weighs 1511kgs, all the power means that it could be a handful on the tight course, but also a lot of fun.

Uh yeah lazy ad this time, also no interior for the Z because of beam weight pasting fixtures still doesn’t work the way I want it to.

Interiors

11 Likes

1999 LVC LS20

The basis for the LS40 (although this one was cloned later from the original), shown here in its lightest and most extreme form - 875kg of lightweight track special pushed along by a 225bhp 2.0L I4 (effectively half of the LS40’s engine).

This car only comes with a limited number of colors, materials, and textures for a reduced file size.

2 Likes

2018 Mara Paragon 2.3 SE42 by N7 Garage

Boutique tuning studio N7 Garage’s take on the lightweight 2-seater (‘fo(u)r two’) variant of the Mara Paragon before the n/a 2.3 litre 4-cylinder was replaced with a t/c 1.6 litre in 2019. Optimised for touge racing with a short-ratio gearbox, among other things.

1975 Mayster Triumf 2.0

For our yellow baththub lovers - and guaranteed electronics-free (except for the ancient 8-track player still installed)…

2 Likes

I went for a David and Goliath approach with my entries - a heavier, more powerful FR entry alongside a less powerful (albeit much lighter) MR one. In fact, their philosophies could not be more different - if the Thunderwolf is a TVR Cerbera, then the LS20 is a Lotus Exige.

1998 Matsuma Alfino GTI with full EDGE tuning engine and suspension modifications

The 1995 Alfino was the latest C segment hachback from Matsuma, offering sporty handling and up to date modern engines from even the base model.

The top performance model is the GTI with a high revving 2.0 engine with “V-Lift” cam timing technology

Edge tuning offer a high performance range of engine modifications.
This car has the full catalogue of:

• per cylinder fuel injection with performance intake manifold
  • tubular exhaust manifold with sports cat and free flowing muffers
  • custom cam timing ecu and more aggressive cams
  • wider alloy wheels with cup performance tyres
  • fully adjustable suspension with thicker anti roll bars

Technical Specifications
Length 4.07m
Width 1.67m
Wheelbase 2.55m
Weight 1081KG
Chassis Galvanised steel monocoque
Panels partial alu and steel panels
Front Suspension Double wishbone with gas mono-tube dampers
Rear Suspension Double wishbone with gas mono-tube dampers
Front Brakes 275mm vented discs, twin piston caliper
Rear Brakes 225mm solid discs, single piston calipers
Steering Hydraulic power steering rack and pinion
Front Tyres P225 45R16 95Y Radial
Rear Tyres P225 45R16 95Y Radial
Engine 1998cc inline four with per cylinder throttle body fuel injection
Transmission five speed manual, front wheel drive
Power 225bhp@7000rpm
Torque 232NM@6800rpm

5 Likes

–NOTICE | Clarification–

• There was a discrepancy in safety regulation saying the safety level must match with the model year. and not trim year. This was my mistake and I apologize for this. It’s always supposed to be trim year but for some reason I made a typo. No one pointed this out yet but @Mikonp7 has done so. (Because of a car with huge difference in model/trim year). I believe there’s only one another car affected by this mistake which I will remedied privately. Once again, I apologize for this terrible mistake.
4 Likes