Tsukuba Touge Time Trial | AutoBeam Challenge | Finished

My second entry - something a bit different from the same manufacturer:

2018 Kiyume click RCS

In 2018, Kiyume released the “click RCS” as their entry into the hot-hatch market. Directly competing against the VW Polo GTI, both in terms of size and performance, the click RCS found success in its home country, but was received with mixed reviews overseas due to its less polished but more engaging behavior. Unique in the segment, Kiyume made the interesting move of offering an AWD variant (manual gearbox only) which found reasonable success in both professional and amateur rally circuits; no doubt helped by the manufacturer’s official support of a number of aftermarket ‘rally-spec’ replacement parts.

This particular entry is a good example of what this vehicle is ultimately capable of. The owner has ticked every box from the Kiyume catalogue of performance parts, as well as pushed the engine to its limits. Where the original 1.5L three-cylinder powerplant was good for just shy of 144kW, this over-engineered marvel is boosted to over 250kW and has been backed up by modifications to suspension, brakes, and aerodynamics. In addition, the interior has been partially stripped in order to save roughly 100kg off the stock weight, meaning that performance gains have been magnified.

1 Like

Presenting the…
1992 Torrent Riptide Tsukuba Edition

The Torrent Riptide Tsukuba Edition sets itself apart from the lesser models with several upgrades, including:

• a more poweral twin-turbo Boxer 6 making a healthy 347hp and 359 lb-ft of torque
  • substantial weight reduction
  • removal of rear seats
  • enhanced aerodynamics
  • exclusive white wheels and graphics

Presenting the…
1982 Torrent Trickle Turbo Tsukuba Edition

The Torrent Trickle Turbo Tsukuba Edition sets itself apart from the lesser models with several upgrades, including:

• a more poweral turbo Boxer 4 making a healthy 273 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque
  • substantial weight reduction
  • addition of AWD
  • enhanced aerodynamics
  • exclusive wheels and graphics

1 Like

1995 TSC Thunderwolf V8 GTR

Shown here with base GT trim for reference - the actual submission only has a limited number of paints, textures, and materials available to reduce file size.

Mods include a lightweight sport interior, large 4-wheel vented disc brakes (4-piston front, 2-piston rear, aggressive aero kit (including sport undertray), close-ratio gearbox, and a highly tuned engine developing 510 bhp thanks to individual throttle bodies, billet internals, a flat-plane crankshaft, a set of high-flow intake and headers, and fully adjustable coilover suspension.

NoncopyrIghtSAN and YarilookedattoyotaS
or the Nissan 350z ZRD Tune and the Zephorus GO! RS ZRD Tune

The GO! has a 1.6L I3 Turbo producing 381hp. All this power goes through a 6 speed DCT gearbox to all wheels. The car is extremely light at 1160kgs, it should be a real pocket rocket.

The 350z has lightly modified exterior bodywork but a heavily modified engine, with a rear mount turbo and forged internals it now produces 600hp from the 3.5L V6. Full weight interior apart from the sport seats means it weighs 1511kgs, all the power means that it could be a handful on the tight course, but also a lot of fun.

Uh yeah lazy ad this time, also no interior for the Z because of beam weight pasting fixtures still doesn’t work the way I want it to.

Interiors

11 Likes

1999 LVC LS20

The basis for the LS40 (although this one was cloned later from the original), shown here in its lightest and most extreme form - 875kg of lightweight track special pushed along by a 225bhp 2.0L I4 (effectively half of the LS40’s engine).

This car only comes with a limited number of colors, materials, and textures for a reduced file size.

2 Likes

2018 Mara Paragon 2.3 SE42 by N7 Garage

Boutique tuning studio N7 Garage’s take on the lightweight 2-seater (‘fo(u)r two’) variant of the Mara Paragon before the n/a 2.3 litre 4-cylinder was replaced with a t/c 1.6 litre in 2019. Optimised for touge racing with a short-ratio gearbox, among other things.

1975 Mayster Triumf 2.0

For our yellow baththub lovers - and guaranteed electronics-free (except for the ancient 8-track player still installed)…

2 Likes

I went for a David and Goliath approach with my entries - a heavier, more powerful FR entry alongside a less powerful (albeit much lighter) MR one. In fact, their philosophies could not be more different - if the Thunderwolf is a TVR Cerbera, then the LS20 is a Lotus Exige.

1998 Matsuma Alfino GTI with full EDGE tuning engine and suspension modifications

The 1995 Alfino was the latest C segment hachback from Matsuma, offering sporty handling and up to date modern engines from even the base model.

The top performance model is the GTI with a high revving 2.0 engine with “V-Lift” cam timing technology

Edge tuning offer a high performance range of engine modifications.
This car has the full catalogue of:

• per cylinder fuel injection with performance intake manifold
  • tubular exhaust manifold with sports cat and free flowing muffers
  • custom cam timing ecu and more aggressive cams
  • wider alloy wheels with cup performance tyres
  • fully adjustable suspension with thicker anti roll bars

Technical Specifications
Length 4.07m
Width 1.67m
Wheelbase 2.55m
Weight 1081KG
Chassis Galvanised steel monocoque
Panels partial alu and steel panels
Front Suspension Double wishbone with gas mono-tube dampers
Rear Suspension Double wishbone with gas mono-tube dampers
Front Brakes 275mm vented discs, twin piston caliper
Rear Brakes 225mm solid discs, single piston calipers
Steering Hydraulic power steering rack and pinion
Front Tyres P225 45R16 95Y Radial
Rear Tyres P225 45R16 95Y Radial
Engine 1998cc inline four with per cylinder throttle body fuel injection
Transmission five speed manual, front wheel drive
Power 225bhp@7000rpm
Torque 232NM@6800rpm

5 Likes

–NOTICE | Clarification–

• There was a discrepancy in safety regulation saying the safety level must match with the model year. and not trim year. This was my mistake and I apologize for this. It’s always supposed to be trim year but for some reason I made a typo. No one pointed this out yet but @Mikonp7 has done so. (Because of a car with huge difference in model/trim year). I believe there’s only one another car affected by this mistake which I will remedied privately. Once again, I apologize for this terrible mistake.
4 Likes
9 Likes

–NOTICE | Half Way Passed–

• 12 days since the challenge start and 12 days left for submission. Half way passed. Half way to go.
  • I have received 21 entries so far and all of them passed inspection, I also have cleared any backlog of entries without much difficulties. The result indeed is very interesting already, but with so many days to go there could still be surprises brewing.
1 Like

Big Performance from small cars!

WorksAlways presents:

Neko KRX-1

Totally still running 64hp

Renwoo Merci

Integrating an Import into the japanese scene

7 Likes

Anybody know where the map for this challenge can be found?

The map can be found in the comments of this video.

1 Like

Thank you, are the cars sent directly to you or posted here?

Please send it to me in the DM. You may have to browse the forum and like some posts first before being able to use that feature.

–NOTICE | BeamNG.drive Update 0.30–

• Today BeamNG has been updated to 0.30. This means I have to test if there’s any difference that would effect the challenge.
  • The handling and powertrain export remain pretty much the same. Both cars exported before and after the update drives pretty much identical and the resulting times also matched.
  • One key difference is the new manual gearbox system. Shifting time is now measured by how long player push the button, if it’s too fast the synchronizer would get damage. I have tested this and can report that no car would either be disadvantaged or benefitted from this. Basically because shift time matters so very little in the grand scheme of things.
  • After Automation Ellisbury update releases. I will stay on stable branch which should be available for quite a while still. Obviously, any entries then should be made on the stable branch and not open beta.
4 Likes

I would try to submit a Znopresk.

3 Likes

–NOTICE | 5 Days Left–

• Less than 5 days before submission closes, Although there hasn’t been any entry for 3 days as expected with the open beta update dropping.
  • I have made sure that any legit entry submitted within the period has been tested. This will mean that the first set of results will be release very quickly after the submission period ended. I’ll probably release it in a set of 7-10 entries to give myself some time to finish running the last couple of entries that may still be submitted closer to the deadline.
4 Likes