Unfortunate Fate For 3 Cars

So basically, I know of this house where the sole person living in it is some kind of hoarder or recluse (apparently his wife died or something and so he decided to live his life away from everybody else). The house and everything on the plot of land is broken or decaying in some way or another, and the only thing he really keeps tidy is his grass. But anyway, he owns 3 cars. These 3 cars are an Austin Maestro (1994 M Reg), a B3 Passat (age unknown, wish I could find out) and an unknown car that’s under a cover further in the back.

The last photos from Google Maps’ street view are from 2009, and you can really see how much things have changed. The Maestro is noticeably more rusty and… more scrap like… but the Passat is still in “mint” condition with absolutely 0 surface rust. The only damage on the surface is the faded and peeling paint, due to the fact that it’s a flat colour that is constantly exposed to the sun. I had a wander out today and took this photo for comparison’s sake:

These are the 2009 photos:

And this is the “unknown car”. I’m relatively certain that it’s an early Maestro, judging by the rear bumper alone, but IIRC the door handles might be different (you can’t see these in the photo though):

But yeah, I really want to go and ask him if he’d ever give up that Passat, because it just looks like it’d be an amazing project. Granted, I don’t know what the interior’s like or if the chassis itself is rusted to bits but oh well! If nobody saves them now, they’re never gonna get saved.

I feel like this is a good place to stick a photo of a similar scene I came across a couple of years ago. Passed it a few weeks back and it’s still very much the same, I’d love to know what’s in the collapsed garage at the back.

Yes that’s a proper 131 Supermirafiori 1600 Twin Cam.

2 Likes

one of my friends has a hoarder grandfather, and he has 3 cars as well, two are (luckily) kept in a garage, but he also has a Dodge Monaco (if i remember correctly) that he left sitting outside for years. it is still under a tarp, but you can really see that it sank far into the ground. the wheels are partially buried and the floor of the car is now touching the ground. he refuses to give it up though. i’ll try to get a pic next time i’m up there

As David Frieburger says, mopar people are strange. I just didn’t expect them to be that strange.

2 Likes