Units of measurement

Hi,

First of all, I know similar questions have been asked, but I can’t find this one, sorry if it’s been answered before.

What I want to know is if we will be able to display diferent things in diferent units at the same time? i.e: tire width in mm and rims diameter in inches. I don’t know how do you measure those things in other countries, but here in spain we do it like in the example, so it would be very usefull to be able to use the two units at the same time and not having to calculate it or change the units constantly.

Thanks!

In one of the videos, they bring up the unit selection panel, and it looks like it should be possible to set each unit separately. Unlike Forza 4, which won’t allow me to have weight in kg, torque in Nm and power in bhp :frowning:

no he is referring to something different, but utilizare several meters of the same type of measurement for different parts. Instead, since you can see from that menu you can set your preferred system and utilizare that for everything.

[quote=“Dario”]

no he is referring to something different, but utilizare several meters of the same type of measurement for different parts. Instead, since you can see from that menu you can set your preferred system and utilizare that for everything.[/quote]

Exactly. A clearer example than the one on my first post of what I meant would be: using inches for rims diameter and mm for brake discs diameter.

I’m sure that should be possible… Nobody measures rim sizes in metric, do they? (well, they tried, at least over here at one point but it never took off and you can’t buy the tyres any more :smiley:) I think tyre sizes are standardised in the same format everywhere (again, a bizarre hotch-potch of metric and imperial…) Yet a lot of people measure brake disc sizes in mm.

Still, you don’t want to go overboard and have a configuration option for every single individual measurement which might have alternative units in the game “Yes, I’d like my dates in the Mayan calendar format please”

I think it would be great to have a basic menu to choose the units, and an “advanced” tab were you can choose the unit for every single measurement. Not too complicated for noobs and great for those freaks like me who may want the Mayan calendar format. :smiley:

whats next Millawats for power output

Would be great to have light years for bore and stroke :wink:

Yeah, and what about MW for Power output?

Hehe MW for power would be rather reasonable actually… for year 2010+ sports car engines… 0.78 MW doesn’t look or sound too stupid to be used… just measure everything in fractions of a Veyron. :laughing:

could that be an easter egg? complete all the challenges with gold and you get a new unit of measurement, “the vayron”…just the normal vayron…not the super sport version. “My new eco hatch has 120 milli-vayrons of powaaah”