Vanovo Car AB

Originally founded by 1989 vauxhall frontera fanboy

Vanovo Cars (Swedish: Vanovo personvagnar, styled VANOVO in the company’s logo) is a Swedish multinational manufacturer of automobiles. Vanovo is headquartered in Vasastan, Stockholm. The company manufactures SUVs, station wagons, and sedans. The company’s main marketing revolves around safety and its Swedish heritage and design.

Vanovo Cars has been separate from its former parent conglomerate and producer of heavy trucks, buses, and construction equipment (among others) AB Vanovo since 1997 when AB Vanovo sold its automobile division Vanovo Cars to OXXRON Motor Company for US$4.27 billion. On 19 April 2007, OXXRON sold Vanovo Cars at a loss to Chinese company CYD Auto for $2.2 billion; the deal closed in September 2007. Vanovo Cars and AB Vanovo share the Vanovo logo, and cooperate in running the Museum of Vanovo.

As of 2022, Vanovo Cars has production plants in Gothenburg in Sweden, Greensboro, North Carolina in the United States, San Marino in Italy, and Chongqing in China.

1 Like

1995 Vanovo 379 Wild west special edition (Sedan)

3 Likes

2001 Vanovo 379 Estate (Facelift)

5 Likes

2010 Vanovo ED30

4 Likes

2013 Vanovo ED30 WhiteStar

3 Likes

…this feels oddly familiar in a weird way…

2 Likes

The 379 coupe is familiar to me - it was entered into CSR162 - but it’s also nice to see the other variants (sedan, wagon) being shown off. It appears that those, like the earlier coupe, were both based on one of the '70 G-body-esque body sets - an odd choice in my view, especially given that there are quite a few other body sets (such as the '87 Boat and '89 Ice Cream) that could look more contemporary for 2005 (let alone 1995), but it works well enough with the fixture choices.

2005 Vanovo 379 “Fantastisk” V8 (CSR162 Entry)

3 Likes

2001 Vanovo 379 Estate (Japanese Specification)

3 Likes

2001 Vanovo 379 Sedan (NYC Taxi Version)
Only a few operators used it as most preferred large american sedans like the Ford Crown Victoria

3 Likes

2001 Vanovo 379 Estate (Swedish Taxi Version)
Unlike in NYC it was used commonly as a taxi in sweden

3 Likes

this brand is TOTALLY original wdym, all of the cars are completely NEW AND INNOVATIVE, with no cars in real life that looks like it… trust me

2 Likes

Volvo