Vertices not moving in Game

Hi All,

Has anyone come across the following issue.

In 3dsmax there is a pair of vertices under the influence of 2 morphing zones. In 3ds max the zones move these vertices just as I wanted, however in game they refuse to move at all for one of the zones. The rest of the vertices in the same zone move as designed and they also move correctly for the other zone.

I’ve tried removing both zones and recreating them. The issue always returns on the same two vertices, but necessarily on the same morph zone. If I re-create the zones in the opposite order It seems to be which ever was created last :confused:

This is driving me nuts :angry:
Have you got any Ideas as to where I can look to solve this?

Is a headlight, a body, a grille…?

Yeah, had that very annoying thing happen, forgot what I did to fix it though :p.

Have you tried removing zero weights?

Hi VMO - It’s a body.

Unfortunately I think I’m just gonna have to delete the skin and start it again. Hopefully that will solve the problem, but I’ll give it a rest for tonight.

edit: PS I’ve tried remove zero weights also, no joy.

[quote=“maffc”]Hi VMO - It’s a body.

Unfortunately I think I’m just gonna have to delete the skin and start it again. Hopefully that will solve the problem, but I’ll give it a rest for tonight.

edit: PS I’ve tried remove zero weights also, no joy.[/quote]

Recently, I had a similar problem, and the best solution is that you says: delete and make the skin now.

Well I deleted the skin and started again. Added the bone root, 1st bone, exported, all ok, repeat for the 2nd and 3rd bones and all still ok.
Add the 4th bone and the same two bl00dy vertices wont move on the final morph. :angry:

Now I wonder, since these two have 5 bones affecting them, If there is some form of per vertex bone limit in either the game or the Kajira exporter.
In any case it’s a change of plans now and I’ll have to think of an alternative morphing scheme. :confused:

Ah well, you live and learn.

If you send me the file by PM I could try to find a solution.

I remember encountering this issue once and I was able to fix it, I just forgot how and I don’t really know how to replicate the issue.

Thanks for the Kind offer Trackpad, however having worked on a revised morphing scheme I can see it working much better than my original plan so I’m going to leave it for now.

Maybe it was trying to tell me something :wink:

[quote=“maffc”]Well I deleted the skin and started again. Added the bone root, 1st bone, exported, all ok, repeat for the 2nd and 3rd bones and all still ok.
Add the 4th bone and the same two bl00dy vertices wont move on the final morph. :angry:

Now I wonder, since these two have 5 bones affecting them, If there is some form of per vertex bone limit in either the game or the Kajira exporter.
In any case it’s a change of plans now and I’ll have to think of an alternative morphing scheme. :confused: .[/quote]

In case someone else has this problem, I had something similar happen when I made the van.

What I learned from Caswal is that due to limitations with pixel shader 3.0, you are limited to 4 bones/vertice.

This includes the root bone, so depending on factors that I do not know yet, you can end up with one of you morphs being ignored or the root bone being ignored.

The high-roof 90s van has 4 overlapping morphs on the front part of the roof extension. I had a lot of issues with one of the bones not working in that area, but after fidling and messing around with it, it worked. I will try to find a proper solution next time I have this problem.

I did wonder if there was a max limit, as they all moved until the last bone was added. I guess some were ignoring the root and others the morph bone.
I guess better planning is in order.
Good to know the reason though :slight_smile: