Volta-Sporty on a budget. (15A)

in 1990, Galt automotive ends up creating Volta, a company selling sporty cheap cars meant for the younger crowd. the creation of the company was featured with some praise, but some concern as Galt has never explored the budget demographic before, but many media outlets were eager to see what they developed. the first vehicle that was made was the 1990 10A.

not too bad for a first attempt at the market, definitely not the best, but a RWD hatch that lightweight is sure to be seen as a good thing by tuners (time to swap in a v8 now :smiley: )

EDIT:
so i also now made the 10B, just the 10A except it now features AWD, not too bad if i say so myself:

i forgot to adjust the edges of the photo, oh well

Not bad, interesting that it scores in the Pony Budget category. Probably gets a boost because it’s FR.

Quick questions: Why solid coil rear? If there were torsion beams they’re light and budget. Of course I don’t like torsion beams generally but well :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, FR was an interesting choice here, given that it would make more sense budget and weight wise to go transverse FF, though yes, that would destroy your ability to drop a V8 in there.

[quote=“strop”]Not bad, interesting that it scores in the Pony Budget category. Probably gets a boost because it’s FR.

Quick questions: Why solid coil rear? If there were torsion beams they’re light and budget. Of course I don’t like torsion beams generally but well :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, FR was an interesting choice here, given that it would make more sense budget and weight wise to go transverse FF, though yes, that would destroy your ability to drop a V8 in there.[/quote]

you’re right, got a 5.0% boost just by being FR, and for solid coil, mainly experimenting still, chose it for cheapness and just for it being, in general, averageish. and lol, why i picked FR i don’t know exactly, probably just my subconscious telling me to do so, and it worked, i have a pony hatch :laughing:

Now we definitely put in a Chevy block and see what it can do!

(Hint: may destroy driveability. Best to put a widebody kit on it too.)

unfortunately, i have no LS engine in automation, but i do have the VT-209, i took it straight from the G1500 and stuck it in, funnily enough all it needed was some transmission tuning, no widebody kit needed, and these are the results:

btw strop, if you wanna see what you can swap in there, feel free to ask for the export

Interesting car you have here. Same power as a contemporary base model Camaro. I would, however, ditch the AWD version, as with only 90bhp, your car is in fact slower and, obviously, less driftable with the option, not to mention more expensive to boot. I would suggest a front drive option, and use the UK and Japanese markets as an explanation. If you are going to give a performance option from the factory (which would also have enough power for an AWD option), a turbo or V6 would keep the weight of the car down, although a V8 would be great for the pony car segment.

I doubt it would fit but my 419 hp 432 engine would probably make that thing haul.

well, here i go, yet another car, this time for volta. this time, despite it being FWD, it still scores very highly in pony budget. well anyways, here’s the car, engine will probably be open sourced aswell.