VVL solves RON requirements

Hi, I have this problem which I dont understand.

This engine has cam profile set to 20 and cannot run properly on 95 RON fuel.

This is the same engine with same cam profile but I used VVL with second cam profile of 100, the engine can now run on worse fuel in the entire rev range.

I think that the fuel requirements should stay even when second cam profile is used. If I´m missing something important just point it out I wont be mad.

VVL is almost the same as V-TEC, it builds on the same basic idea, if you wonder how it works, try youtube some films, or google it

Yeah I know how it works but the second cam profile is used after 4000 RPM until then the lower profile is used and it shouldnt run on it as seen on first engine.

[quote=“Noschool”]

Yeah I know how it works but the second cam profile is used after 4000 RPM until then the lower profile is used and it shouldnt run on it as seen on first engine.[/quote]

E-VTEC works the other way around, closing off 1 valve for lean burn mode, so technically this would be a 3-stage VTEC engine, with lean-burn on the low end and high power on the high end

You might find in manual testing that the first engine only knocks in the RPM range where the second engine has moved over to the second cam profile. Not certain, I haven’t tried, just an idea.

Good idea but it starts to knock at 2000 RPM if I add vvl it doesn’t knock at all. It would be great if one of devs replied and explained how vvl in game works.

I’ll have to check, but I suspect this is indeed a bug. Will get Zeussy to have a look at it :slight_smile:

btw VVL doesn’t do that TEEEEEEEEEEEEEC sound :frowning: