Wessex Rallysport LTD

2016 Switchblade RS

Concept becomes Reality

What began as a engine test bed for the Wessex Performance 2.5L Wyvern engine evolved to become a fully fledged rally car in its own right. Inspired by the Skoda Fabia WRC and Brisk 01 Concept Vehicle the Switchblade is capable of mounting multiple engine packages - making it eligible to compete in a variety of racing series.

In WRC Spec the Turbocharged 1.6L Banshee engine provided by Wessex Performance Engines generates 300BHP and 267lbs/ft of torque. Mated to a single clutch 6-speed sequential gear box the car can accelerate from 0-60mph in 7.6 seconds and 300mm disc brakes front and rear can bring it safely to a stop. Top speed is limited to 109MPH to maximise available power and torque and the Switchblade copes with tight winding curves well thanks to 15" 185mm gravel tyres and sports tuned suspension. In tarmac spec the car is lowered around 0.5" and 17" 225mm semi slick racing tyres are fitted to improve performance.

With an ever growing number of engine packages available you can be sure that this is the only rally car you will ever buy.

Engine Options

2 Likes

Lovely cars, and I really like the badge too!

One thing I would say is that you’re using partial aluminium panels on the Switchblade, which are ok, but actually end up costing near enough the same as full Aluminium panels because of the extra engineering required. I might just be missing the point and you may even already know this but I thought I’d just mention it.

Dear @Deus_ex_Machina,

Thank you for your message.

WRC Regulations state that the passenger cell of the car has to remain identical to the road-going version - albeit with a roll cage added. To simulate this we’ve used Partial Aluminium to portray the easily replaceable panels such as the doors, bonnet etc.

Regards

Ka1idor
WRS Customer Services

Ah! I see your point now. Clever thinking!