What car maker are you going to base your company on?

Now I know what company car I will make.

I will make a Tuning company that take order to tune a car from another company.

zeussy tell me that I can do it. so I will do it.

Maybe chatting to people on chat was not such a great idea :stuck_out_tongue: :mrgreen:

Probably base myself loosely on GM: Holden in Australia, with some of my OWN ideas… eg, bringing back the Torana as a small car option as opposed to Korean built rebadged cars that use the grills that were semi designed for the Torana in the first place!!

Still gets me… you have a car in the small car range that has a MASSIVE heritage in Australia, and your battling imports in the small car market… why wouldnt you bring back a brand that carries so much weight? sigh…

I would base mine on old Toyotas. All RWD and lightweight. With high efficiency small engines, pref high rev.
Ie. Timangi was 1liter, 8valve OHV, i would like to introduce it with 1liter DOHC, Quad throttlebody, fuel injected. Keep it in the 80hp range.
AE86 with 4AGE pretty much but 2liter. etc.

Not sure yet what kinds of stuff Automation will allow me to do, but i would love to offer AE86 with higher tension LSD, lowered ride height and coil overs from factory, and 3 choices: 1.3liter doch without LSD, Coilovers and 2Liter DOCH with coilovers ~140-150hp and high tuned 2liter DOCH 190+HP, high tension LSD, rear wing, front splitter.

KE25 would be sweet with a 1.6L Turbo version, based on the 2T-G, ie. 2T-GTE -> Twincam, 8valve, turbo, electronic fuel injection.

Basicly overpowered RWD daily drivers/semiracers :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like you’ve got a detailed plan there, hopefully the Car and Engine designers will give you enough freedom to build something close to the real world engines you’ve mentioned (That’s the plan anyway :slight_smile: )

I will most likely base it off of ford, but with some stuff from GM and Chrysler. So basically american cars in general

In Detroit I always used to use car names that follow patterns the way Citroen and Peugeot go (C2, C3, C4, 207, 307, 407)… but the car models are all me!

I’ll most probably base mine on Alfa Romeo, but i’ll stick to RWD and maybe some AWD models and one little zippy FWD boxer engined car.
So it’ll be mostly RWD cars, with engines ranging from a fuel efficient I4 to a V8 (like the Montreal model).

Hmm…or maybe i’ll resurrect the DAF brand, it’s been ages since i’ve seen those oldies. :mrgreen:

[quote=“Alfist-GTV6”]I’ll most probably base mine on Alfa Romeo, but i’ll stick to RWD and maybe some AWD models and one little zippy FWD boxer engined car.
So it’ll be mostly RWD cars, with engines ranging from a fuel efficient I4 to a V8 (like the Montreal model).

Hmm…or maybe i’ll resurrect the DAF brand, it’s been ages since i’ve seen those oldies. :mrgreen:[/quote]

well the car part got sold to volvo in 1975

I know, but it would be interesting to see the brand itself resurrected from the dead.
Even if it’s only virtual, as in a what if… scenario for example. :wink:

A Mitsubishi that doesn’t say horrible things like: “We’re not going to make make Mitsubishi Lancer Evo’s anymore cause we don’t think it fits with our ecosystem friendly path”

Too true

That gives me an Idea.

I will make a Honda that doesn’t decide to stop making the best Inline 4 engines in the world because they don’t think anyone wants to buy a fast & fun car that gets relatively good fuel economy…

Meanwhile Nissan is still selling the 370Z… hmmm… :confused:

Heh, too many to list.

All the old Japanese brands, all the old Eastern Bloc makes, British Leyland (naturally) and maybe VW in the 60s thru 80s. It would be interesting to see how the game would handle the transition from Air Cooled to Water Cooled, that is if those are implemented.

I Think it will be Lotus, Collin Chapman was a great inventer. And what abouth the cars they make now: fast, with a small engine and verry light.

Ahh yes, definitely Lotus, I have to agree with svvander. But you forgot the most important characteristic, let me add it: fast, small engine, very light and thus, lots of fun :wink:

CHEVROLET ALL THE WAY!!! :smiley:

I’ll try basing my company on GM. But my lovechilds would most probably be two subdivisions, one making entertaining, cheap and simply good value V8 performance cars.(Sport cars, muscle cars and performance sedans.) And then one focusing on making rugged, no-compromise offroaders. (Wrangler, Defender and H1, the like).

Rover, Bristol, Lancia and maybe GAZ just for a laugh. (I like being unconventional).

Oh yeah, Honda lived its golden years in the mid to late '80s. They’ve built light and nimble, technically advanced but still reliable cars. And now… Just compare the 1988 Civic to that bloated UFO Civic what we have now in Europe. :frowning: