What car maker are you going to base your company on?

Volkswagen and other VW Group brands as their designs and motors are getting better and better.

I don’t get why you would base your company on a specific company, I’d just try to do it my way and see how it works.

I’d probably base it off Honda. Motors similar to Honda, but with more power! And lots of RWD platforms haha.

Probably for fun, Pontiac. Just to see how the game will handle the company’s rise and fall.

Ford for old and modern times because their longevity and their ‘‘renew’’ since 2008. Also Nissan for the 80’s because they made performance car like the Skyline and 300zx (fairlady) and I really like the idea of creating ‘‘race cars for road’’.

BMW all the way.

I’d go for 1 thats not been mentioned yet

Land Rover

There not very well built but have a certain romance about them like when the gear stick came off in my hand in his old 1990 defender my dad just said “well its defiantly a land rover then” lol

I would try to recreate them right from the very first 1 which was a cross between a tractor and a car

Right down to the new range rover and range rover sport

Only without the reliability woes

Maybe not for my first go on the game tho taking a over priced, un-reliable, 1950’s bread van and turning it into a car that no matter where you go in the world you will find 1 would not be a easy thing to do :laughing:

I am not going to base it on one car company, I was thinking maybe adding a challenge of only making AWD/4WD cars… or trying to have successful small economical, large luxury cars, and/or Successful 5L+ V8 and approx 2.4L turbo sedans pushing out about the same HP…

My goal is to have a company that makes a successful AWD vehicle in every category…

Now I have a question will there be awards given out for different cars?

I’m a Mazda fan myself and I’m wondering … Rotary engines ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Look here to see which engines will be in the game and which might be DLC later.

Take the best chassis (e30s, rx7s, e-type jags, triumphs, miatas, basically anything that was light, handled well and was crippled by a weak engine) and stick GM style engines (LSx or ecotec depending on application) in them. All RWD cars, all manual transmissions (the lazy segment of america can suck it), no drop tops, oh and older style CJ for an off roader.

Probably make some light car with with a small engine like a 1400CC I4 a medium 3L I6 and a big 5 or 6L V8

Im want to do Mazda, but SOMEBODY has to make that hard since we wont have wankles for awhile. haha im just kidding take your time :smiley:

i’ll probably be trying to be making unique cars, very unique…
not goign to try rip off known cars on purpose.
I MIGHT take inspiration from some models here and there though.

I’m thinking of having a mix of everyday cars, sports cars and maybe an occasional supercar, not basing it on a specific car maker though.

But all that depends on the finances of my virtual car company. :stuck_out_tongue:

id probably try and base mine on toyota - but do it the way i thought it should be in real life - ie everything moves a engine class up - so the likes of the starlet gets the 1600CC range with hot options instead of 1300cc - corollas get 2L engines instead fo 1600’s - celicas and MR2’s get 2.5L V6’s - the big stuff gets the inline 6 2.5 and 3L NA or Turbo engines but they also get the 4L v8 with or without turbo - and the likes of the soarer that got the 3L inline 6 and 4L V8 get them again but also the option of 5L V10 or 6L V12 :smiley:

imagine today if toyota did that - the V10’s and V12’s would be common enough that the engines would get swapped into other cars as much as the 1JZ and 2JZ engines do today :smiley:

Reliant all the way! please make sure you include the ability to make 3-wheel cars out of fibreglass that tip over in a light breeze!

Currently I’m going to base my company on Peugeot and Citroen, they have very beautiful cars (Peugeot RCZ for example), but then I’ll develop my own concept

Koenigsegg and Chevy. Koenigseggs are super fast and good looking, while chevys just look good. Accually, i’m gonna aim to be original, and not base my cars on anything. (Although i’m entitled to my opinions)

I love the Top Gear review on those cars XD Hilarious!!!