What would the reliability of something like this be?

(ik there was a thread for this somewhere but all my searching yielded no results) youtu.be/gxRWpwQRjBk
Remember, it’s knocking and no oil, and it drives out, drives around, and drives in, then gets too tight to run, but doesn’t seize

Probably a bit of an academic question, given you can have a car with a low reliability because the block is under extreme strain (e.g. racing/drag engines), and you can have a car with low reliability because it’s knocking like the bejeezus, but the game assumes that most of your other things are in order.

Given that truck doesn’t look like it’s going to get very far, you might as well give that engine a reliability in the low single digits.

[quote=“strop”]

Given that truck doesn’t look like it’s going to get very far, you might as well give that engine a reliability in the low single digits.[/quote]

So, equal to their combined IQ? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“07CobaltGirl”]

[quote=“strop”]

Given that truck doesn’t look like it’s going to get very far, you might as well give that engine a reliability in the low single digits.[/quote]

So, equal to their combined IQ? :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

lol probably, if their IQ is 5 a person, and there are 3 people (i think) then that would make total reliability 15, expected of a no oil knocking engine.

At least if they’re going to film themselves destroying an engine, they could find a more spectactular and less… squeaky… way to do it.

I did a stint in car sales during the Cash For Clunkers program. Per government instructions for disposal of these vehicles, the dealership was required to drain the oil from the engine and run a compound through it that was essentially liquid glass, and run it (at cruise in neutral) until it died. Most engines lasted less than 40 seconds with this kind of abuse. But we DID have a Cummins diesel that lasted almost 5 minutes before it croaked.