Why don't you ever use the News subforum anymore?

Title. The last topic was from August.

1 Like

Hmm good point, we should probably repost the steam news posts in there.

3 Likes

Well, on the other hand, the Steam News are also in the game launcher.
Why specifically would you want to have them here, too? Whenever I posted news, there was no or barely any discussion on that, so I don’t really see that as an argument for it.

I’m more likely to read through it if it’s posted here rather than on steam.

3 Likes

And what is the reason for that?

I regularly check the forums but I don’t regularly check the game launcher screen, simply start the game as soon as I can.

5 Likes

I don’t even use the launcher other than accidentally (as I run the game directly from the Steam window), so I completely forgot that some news on Steam exist. I’d like to see them here too. There might be no discussion, but it’s nice to be informed even without using a launcher especially for that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Err, doesn’t launching it directly from Steam load the launcher with the news page? It sure should do.

When I click “play” on Steam I get a small window with 5 options - run the launcher, run the Kee version directly and run the UE4 version directly in 3 variants - standard, DX10 mode and safe mode.

1 Like

Yes, and the default first option gives you the Steam News Feed, which I would have thought is the most natural place to check if there’s anything new, as you are just about to play the game where those news matter.

I just made a link to run the AutomationGame-Win64-Shipping.exe and skip the whole launch Steam only to launch the automation launcher to launch the game it self. It has saved me at least half an hour since I got the game this past summer.

Basically, I don’t use the launcher or Steam except to update games. Having even a link to the steam news on the forums would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Yeah, you do the same thing I do. The only time I see updates is when I read them on the forums (>90% of the time), or the odd time I fire up youtube at home and see a Dev Update waiting (<10% of the time). I never see news updates for the game on Steam.

1 Like

Yeah I mostly see updates from LDU.

2 Likes

Half of the time I get a script error on the steam launcher and no news anyways.

1 Like

And what is the reason for that?

Can’t say for OP, but I don’t even have the game installed and won’t have until the campaign update hits, so little dev updates are my primary channels to get news