YAY OR NAY? crowd review

Finished designing a car? Can’t tell after 12 hours (or so) if it’s any good? We’re here to help!
The point of YAY OR NAY? crowd review (trademark pending) is to have your car rated on the scale from nay to yay by the judge who is never wrong, the general public.
If you have a car for judging just post some pictures and technical info and add a poll: YAY OR NAY?
If you’re the member of general public: just go ahead and rate. YAY OR NAY?

I’ll kick it off in the next post.

2 Likes

Here’s the car I unveiled at Geneva. Opus Model 4. YAY OR NAY?

• YAY
  • NAY

0 voters

2 Likes

Or, you can get instant feedback telling you exactly what on the

Official Automation Discord

It’s free and easy to use!

This Ad read was not sponsored by discord.gg or the staff of the automation discord, and is not intended to undercut the meaning of this thread and only supply an alternative for more instant feedback
4 Likes

It’s hard to provide a vote without some more info. Seeing as you said Geneva we assume MY2019 but that may not be the case. Also no idea how it handles, how reliable it is, what its servicing costs may be, how much it’ll cost…

EDIT: apparently I can’t read lol. still my point is some people will vote casually but others will want to think about it carefully. So the question is how useful this form of feedback will be

Nay for very suspicious power figures considering engineering choices :thinking:

Too little?

Maybe I should leave out technical details out.
This could work as a design sharing tool.

Too weird :thinking:

2.0 turbo that makes high revving N/A kind of power, with peak torque high up in the rev range, around 100nm/L… I highly doubt that turbo does anything and while it makes enough power I can smell the bad tune from here :thinking:
… Or maybe it’s N/A and it was a mistake in the sheet.

It does do something. But not much. Turbo mainly assists fuel efficiency. Engine itself could easily pump out more power. However this was never the goal.
There is not a massive spike in power when the turbos come on. There is more power. But engine doesn’t feel laggy.
I should find someone to build engines for me (or do all general engineering) as I clearly can’t manage.

you could always just include in the brief something about the intention and whether the design conveys this.

I reckon this would work much better if people just provide us with .car file.

Considering the high fuel consumption figure, the way the engine is tuned seems suspect… But it is fast enough for the real world, and very light as well. That goes some way to explain why I voted Yay right away.