2019 Calvinator Super Wagon

3 Likes

I’ll just leave this here.

Granted, that Focus is moving 20mph faster than the speed discussed… but the end result would be a wreck that is about 4 inches (~10cm) longer than the one shown above. Maybe 5 inches.

4 Likes

Perhaps you would care to make a video demonstrating what happens to an average midsize sedan during a 100mph collision with your car.

Oh wait, please don’t, I wouldn’t wish that fate on the sickest beater.

Oh yes, we almost forgot. So, do we go back to discussing the unique situation in which your safety systems somehow operate in defiance of all engineering regulations and the laws of physics and we’re expected to take you seriously except for the fact that you’re conveniently not being literal? :grinning:

2 Likes

the van is unsafe, breh.

No sane buyer would consider a Super Wagon, but then again, it was never meant to be sensible anyway…

I might have a competitor for your superwagon, the MAMMOTH PATRIOT EXTREME.

It goes around the automation test track in 45 seconds.

8 Likes

Why does that look… odd? 900km/h?

#MERICA
######fuck yeah

5 Likes

Cheat Engine?

2 Likes

Not necessarily. I’ve had a few… hiccups whilst using UE Automation.

Hey, this thread has produced something good after all (sorry if you hoped it was dead ;D). I made a tutorial scenario for this… and here is the description:

Tutorial B5: Part Quality

Designing good engines is easy, if infinite amounts of time and cash are available. Jimmy thinks he designed the ultimate supercar engine in year 2020, but there is a little issue with it, it won’t come out of engineering until the year 2134. Choosing the best parts for everything is not a solution when realistic constraints on engineering time and money exist. Increasing quality is a way to improve the overall performance of parts, but comes at higher costs, longer engineering times, and higher effort required to machine the parts once they are in production. Higher quality settings can give engines an edge over the competition, but must be used with care. Don’t be like Jimmy.

Task: Redesign Jimmy’s engine to be reasonable by lowering quality settings and making appropriate compromises in the choice of parts.

29 Likes

Done that. Was a challenge :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve known this for long enough to realize that balancing affordability and performance is an essential skill when designing a car - or its engine.