Welcome to the first preliminary event of the 2020 Great Gasmean Hill Climb
This event will feature the first three categories that will compete for an elusive place in the show case event on the Pikes Peak hill climb course. Only three cars per category will be invited to the show case.
[After consideration, the last category is postponed for now. This preliminary will be limited to two categories.]
How will these cars be chosen?
Every entry will be scored on the basis of:
- appearance (it’s a show case event, the car needs to have the look).
- budget, development time and costs (the organisation encourages efficiency).
- performance (the cars need to be fast an have good handling).
Round 1 Only 10 cars progress per category
- Each car will receive a score based on design (subjective partially, but I will appreciate effort as well as pure aesthetics).
- Each car will receive a score based on material cost (higher than average means a penalty).
- Each car will receive a score based on engine and trim ET and PU (higher than average means a penalty).
- Each car will receive a score based on a flying lap around the Automation circuit in BeamNG, driven by me.
- (Optionally) a score based on a flying lap around the Automation circuit in BeamNG, driven by you, with wheel or controller. You can PM me the time (until a date after the submission date to be communicated - with screenshot and replay available).
Round 2 The picking of the three
- Each car will receive a score based on the stage time for Hillclimb 1 of the Automation circuit in BeamNG, driven by me.
- (Optionally) a score based on the stage time for Hillclimb 1 of the Automation circuit in BeamNG, driven by you, with wheel or controller. You can PM me the time (until a date after the submission date to be communicated - with screenshot and replay available).
(optional times will be compared with each other, or in case of only a single entry with my time with wheel or controller)
The (first three) classes
- all Steam mods are allowed.
- car, trim and engine year are free (2020 or below), unless otherwise indicated.
- at least one proper sports seat.
- racing fuel is available.
- use of quality points should be grounded in reality, meaning that it’s unrealistic to appear with a car with absolutely crappy quality bodywork, brakes, suspension, bodywork,… positive quality points can be used but remember the scoring rules.
- there is one exception to the rule above and that is negative quality points for safety. I accept these represent stripping the car down to only a roll cage.
- I reserve the right to address obvious imbalances or mimaxing that might become obvious.
- begone 4 fixture abominations.
- entries are race cars a should look the part.
- driving and breaking aids might be useful when driving civilly but can be a huge handicap when driving on the edge. Your entries are not street cars.
- driver and team lore are encouraged, but not obligatory.
- you can enter all three classes, as well as two or only one.
Open B Class
- any hatch, sedan or wagon body with wheelbase 2.4m (93in.) and longer. Use the sorter in Automation to see available bodies. With one exception.
- engine size limited to 1.6 litre turbocharged or 2.5 litre NA.
Open XS Class
- any body between 2.0m (75in.) and (including) 2.3m (92in.).
- either front-engined front wheel drive OR mid-engined rear-wheel drive.
- engine size limited to 1.3 litre NA.
Open Retromod class
[removed or postponed to a later preliminary]
Please introcude your car(s) below.
PM me the exported .car file:
Car model: 2020GGHC-Username.
Car trim: Name of the car.
Engine family: Engine name.
Engine variant: Variant Name.
Deadline: 20th June 2019