Welcome to the second preliminary event of the 2020 Great Gasmean Hill Climb
This event will feature two additional categories that will compete for an elusive place in the show case event on the Pikes Peak hill climb course. Only three cars per category will be invited to the show case.
How will these cars be chosen?
Every entry will be scored on the basis of:
- appearance (it’s a show case event, the car needs to have the look).
- budget, development time and costs (the organisation encourages efficiency).
- performance (the cars need to be fast and have good handling).
Round 1 Only 10 cars progress per category
- Each car will receive a score based on design (subjective partially, but I will appreciate effort as well as pure aesthetics).
- Each car will receive a score based on material cost (higher than average means a penalty).
- Each car will receive a score based on engine and trim ET and PU (higher than average means a penalty).
- Each car will receive a score based on a flying lap around the Automation circuit in BeamNG, driven by me.
- (Optionally) a score based on a flying lap around the Automation circuit in BeamNG, driven by you, with wheel or controller. You can PM me the time (until a date after the submission date to be communicated - with screenshot and replay available).
Round 2 The picking of the three
- Each car will receive a score based on the stage time for Hillclimb 1 of the Automation circuit in BeamNG, driven by me.
- (Optionally) a score based on the stage time for Hillclimb 1 of the Automation circuit in BeamNG, driven by you, with wheel or controller. You can PM me the time (until a date after the submission date to be communicated - with screenshot and replay available).
(optional times will be compared with each other, or in case of only a single entry with my time with wheel or controller)
- all Steam mods are allowed.
- car, trim and engine year are free (2020 or below), unless otherwise indicated.
- at least one proper sports seat.
- racing fuel is available.
- use of quality points should be grounded in reality, meaning that it’s unrealistic to appear with a car with absolutely crappy quality bodywork, brakes, suspension, bodywork,… positive quality points can be used but remember the scoring rules.
- there is one exception to the rule above and that is negative quality points for safety. I accept these represent stripping the car down to only a roll cage.
- I reserve the right to address obvious imbalances or mimaxing that might become obvious.
- begone 4 fixture abominations.
- entries are race cars a should look the part.
- driving and breaking aids might be useful when driving civilly but can be a huge handicap when driving on the edge. Your entries are not street cars.
- driver and team lore are encouraged, but not obligatory.
- you can submit one entry per class or less.
Open Restomod class
You can suggest to me up to three realistic affordable cars from either the 1940’s and 50’s. The 1960’s until 1979. Or 1980 until 1995. I will pick one or more. This/these car(s) you can then restomod as a trim version of the car you sent me, and with a new variant of the same engine. The trim and variant can be up to 2020 in built year.
This means oldtimer supercars or premium sports cars will not be accepted. We are looking for classic cars that are relative cheap to buy now and would not be of massive value in their original state as oldtimers.
Scoring here will be more on drivability in Beam than pure time based. All other scoring parameters remain.
There will be 2 finalists per subcategory.
Open Heavy Weight Class
This is a free category for hillclimb versions or large vans, trucks and pickups. Normal scoring applies but the rest of the rules are free.
You are free to submit one test entry to confirm it can be accepted within this category.
Please first send me one (or max 3) suggestions for the restomod category by PM.
Please introcude your car(s) for submission below.
PM me the exported .car file:
Car model: 2020GGHC-Username. Car trim: Name of the car. Engine family: Engine name. Engine variant: Variant Name.
Deadline base car for restomod: 13 June 2019
Deadline submission: 5 July 2019