ATC Automation Touring Championship - excellent racing since 1956 - Season 4 results complete, Season 5 rules fixed

No big deal on the safety, I didn’t think about it, and the added weight probably helps with the wheel squeal.

As for the Storm-Tuned version of the Iron Pig, I had… more tech to my advantage than you did in '45. So I tried to make the most of it.

There are still a few days until deadline, so if anyone sees an issue with his car, there is no problem submitting it again.

The cars are very stunning. The actual procedure I am doing is quite boring. Hitting a button and taking notes of the times…
But I try to make the races look like real ones, so there will be always a summary in newspaper-article style to give the championsship a real feeling.

Calendar 1956:

1. Monaco circuit
    Well, you all know it. Very narrow and challenging. Your car better has a good balance, efficient brakes and a firm suspension.

2. Streets of Detroit
    As all our cars are road-legal cars, why not checking its city driving qualities?

3. Indianapolis
    POWEEERRRRRR!!! aaaaaaand SPEEEEEED!!!

1957:

1. Spa-Francorchamps
    Also high speed required here, but with tricky corners.

2. Autodromo di Monza
    Another race depending a lot on your engine, but a well-tuned suspension is of urgent need in these fast corners. It may won’t be the strongest car that wins.

3. Nürburgring Nordschleife (Green Hell)
    Do I really have to say something about that?

2 Likes

Y’ALL READY FOR THIS?

3 Likes

I guess. There are some groocery stores in Detroit City waiting for your delivery.
Just drop the parcels out of the window at their destination, the employees will collect them.

2 Likes

Storm Automotive will be racing with their latest production car, the Storm Prince. We had to buy a crate engine for it to meet regulations, but we’ll be racing in comfort.

Your car better has a good balance, efficient brakes and a firm suspension.

…well one out of three isnt bad… looks over at my car with over 80 percent of the weight in the rear, tiny front brakes and brakes that just aren’t strong enough in the rear(where the car has more grip for breaking unlike most cars…)

space frame and 400 horses. your package will be there in no time!!!

and it’s also 4x4, cuz reasons

1 Like

So we have some tiny dynamite-boxes with one having 80% weight on the rear, another one having leather seats with luxury phonograph, a luxury coupe with ladder frame, a taxi with bodykit and a 4x4 spaceframe van.

What the hell did I just start? :smiley:

2 Likes

The 4x4 is so you make SURE those packages get there no matter what! You are going to deliver those boxes of air straight to the finish line!

it’s 56, everone experiments and gives no fucks.

1 Like

Wait, someone’s got the record player? And I thought I was freaking crazy…

Yea, that is what the rules are designed for. Feel like a young Mario Andretti in his early years.

1 Like

WHY ARE YOU FREAKED OUT AT ICE WHEN THERE IS A 4X4 PANEL VAN WITH A V8!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Because I’ve got a RWD coupe with a V8. You’re lugging extra weight.

thems FIGHTING words!!!1

Honestly if my car didnt end up meeting the weight requirement I would have put one in too… I mean yeah I guess you could use safety stuff or perhaps even a less barebones interior as dead weight but where’s the fun in that?

That van might be competetive on the first look. I would not underrate it. I ll check later if it goes well with the rules.

Just finished the 58/59 calendar and rules. There won’t be too much changes as the small companys are not able to develope everything from 0 each two years.

That minimum weight is neccessary as cars with an (at least) 4 liter engine have so much power compared to the tire sizes available.
In real life, they just would rather be cannonballs instead of cars if they were lighter.

wasn’t really complaining, just saying thats what I would have done for more weight, but even if the limit wasnt there a car with a 4 liter iron engine block and steel chassis can still only be so light.

This must be the most bizarre and unusual lineup of entrants for any challenge I have ever seen, but there is no doubt that the entry list is definitely unique.