Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, CA, USA

By request, here is the NASCAR speedway in Fontana, Callifornia. This is a 3218m (2.0 miles) D-Oval with 14* corners. I will try the interior road course later. This was primarily a test with the new track editor created by BitTwiddler. As always, it is single lap. Sectors are set up for a flying lap time, however, if the user wishes to add the extra lap. I ran it in 1:00.06 in my slightly modified E30 M3. :wink:

Auto Club Speedway.zip (1.47 MB)

Here is what the track will look like in game:

imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/661/TkvM8O.png

Here is a view in the editor:

imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/538/y6NY2C.png

Well how did you like the editor? I am curious how it stacks up to the other one. Oh, also the simulation mode is still experimental, just in case you used it.

Well, ovals are actually almost as easy to do manually with a text editor as they are with one of the visual track editors, so they arenā€™t a good test run for anything other than basic familiarity with the controls. Iā€™ll try a more complex track this weekend and let you know after I do a couple more, but my initial thoughts are that I like it. Also, Iā€™m using v.10, which I do not believe had the simulator? I have v.9 also, but have not downloaded v.11 yet. I will do that over the weekend also.

[quote=ā€œ07CobaltGirlā€]By request, here is the NASCAR speedway in Fontana, Callifornia. This is a 3218m (2.0 miles) D-Oval with 14* corners. I will try the interior road course later. This was primarily a test with the new track editor created by BitTwiddler. As always, it is single lap. Sectors are set up for a flying lap time, however, if the user wishes to add the extra lap. I ran it in 1:00.06 in my slightly modified E30 M3. :wink:

[attachment=0]Auto Club Speedway.zip[/attachment]

Here is what the track will look like in game:

snip awesome

Here is a view in the editor:

snip awesome[/quote]

Hey there, CobaltGirl. Nice job here, btw, the track turned out great! :smiley:

A Speedway! YUS