Automation's Fastest Driver

@BoostandEthanol how do you decide the car btw?

is it just something you fancy? or someone pitch it to you? winner’s pick?

I take a look at what I’m given, and just try and pick something different to what we had before.

I think what I may start doing (but don’t hold me to it) is making votes for which track we use, and then picking a car based on the track. Not sure yet though!

2 Likes

I have all the practice and none of the theory. Strop, apparently, is the exact opposite

The thing is ever since we found out our times were that close we just kept one-upping each other and exchanging lap times and replays, and he could learn from me and I couldn’t learn from him because I had no idea what i was doing lmfao

4 Likes

Looking at strop’s replays, I have all the lines, but lack the self-restraint to actually slow down enough before the corner… Always missing up the perfect line in at least 2 corners and losing exit speed.

meanwhile me… if i were to stream my tries… you would see that i barely ever takes the same line, for the first hour. and even then, my lines are still all over the place… i maybe competitive in a hotlap. but i ain’t got that consistency…

Busy week here, still haven’t had time to drive more than my initial first run. Maybe tomorrow, else this one will not be a try-hard time for me :stuck_out_tongue:

My computer shits itself on this map, the time I sent will be my final time

Need I run again? :wink:

nah really, I’m too lazy to rethink my UI for ten minutes in order to see the road and my time and my odo on literally the smallest possible BeamNG window with the lowest parameters possible, all while still only getting 27fps xD

Do I have a feeling like fewer people participated this round?
I for one had a blast with the car and setting and just got me in the mood with some rockabilly, sledding it around and somehow achieved damn near close 2:10
Just couldn’t quite get it below.

Awaits for someone posting a sub 2 minute time :sweat_smile:

Sorry for the late results. 3 entries this time. I haven’t really had time to give it a proper go myself, nor have I had time to make the next round. I’ll get that up some time tomorrow… hopefully.

Position Username Lap Time Controller
1 Knightophonix 2:07.881 Wheel
2 Private_Miros 2:07.924 Wheel
3 4LGE 2:10.429 Controller
4 Chickenbiscuit 2:17.283 Controller

Anyway, total results and stuff…

6 Likes

Yo wait.
I did send you my time. And Strop had an even better time, didn’t he send too? :thinking:

1 Like

yeah I fixed your time. Sorry, forgot you sent it on Discord.

Strop meanwhile hasn’t sent me a time. He didn’t last time either, but I gave him a pass because the results were in front of me on Discord. Couldn’t be arsed to chase anyone for times this time though

Oh, you mean that you’re not taking results that weren’t DMed?

Fair, that’s me forgetting the rules. You’re the host and it’s your commitment! I don’t care about points, I care about proof, which is right here, buddy:

p.s. the time was 2:04.879 for those of you who can’t be bothered to watch the lap

You can probably exclude me from the scoring anyway if you wanna give someone else a chance because until someone does turn up who’s faster it’s going to be a little bit moot :sunglasses:

P.s. oh shit I have an even better idea. I’ll be the final boss of the season. Winner has to 1v1 me and if you beat my best time you become the final boss of next season

7 Likes

Third Round! This time we have the Conte Estrato Senda, an economy car that doesn’t belong on a track. With tiny eco tyres and gearing so long you can finish a book between shifts, it’ll be tough to carry speed through a tight and technical track.

Thanks to @Mr.Computah for the car!

Car Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OSiJ-I9aUuxBknVvAEUaHuzctN2YvlxX/view?usp=sharing

Put the car here: image

Track: Industrial Site - image

Make sure you have realistic ABS and realistic transmission selected.

No rules on start, can be a rolling lap or flying lap.

Remember: PM me your times. Screenshots and replays, while aren’t required, will help you a lot in proving your time if it is a good one.

AND PLEASE TRY AND AT LEAST KEEP SOME SUSPENSE IN YOUR TIME ON THE THREAD.

Deadline: 4th November 17:00 GMT

16 Likes

That’s brilliant! Then I have a goal to improve on! This round I only tried once (I told you about it), I guess one and a half seconds of my time would have been doable with my current ability, but I take the challenge to get closer to your times, even if it’s just getting closer, rather than beating it. Knightophonix obviously has the biggest chance.

4 Likes

That’s mad! You nailed that time on basically the first run?
I have done so many runs that I stopped counting, not even mentioning how many I restarted because I crashed/spun/took a line too iffy/wasn’t satisfied with the first turn etc. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The wheel may help (although, I somehow set better times with controller than wheel in games like Forza). Again, my lines are the same as strop’s, he just manages to get half a second per my 30 seconds following them compared to me…

So… this is the first time actually trying, how far below 1 minute should I be looking at?

Euhm…

He did say it like he means it.

1 Like