Automation's Fastest Driver

I didn’t ask for an exact time lol, but ok never mind

How far below and an exact time is pretty much the same. At least it’s safe to say you should aim for below 1 minute.

Ideally not more than one minute below though. Much obliged for leaving the space-time continuum intact.

4 Likes

To be fair when Strop and me found out about each other’s times we literally ruined our free time trying to one up each other so yeah, the lesser we know the better xD

Ballpark estimates are okay. What I really want to know here is if my hunch that flagrantly ruining the car smashing into the kerbs is actually faster than driving clean is right…

1 Like

am doing it now… jumping the kurbs are… slow
but if you could somehow clip enough it without wheelspinning and jumping well good luck to that

Well, I’m 1.8 seconds faster going smooth compared to shifting aggressively and diving the car over the kerbs, but I’ll try both approaches again tonight.

Let’s just say I started cutting corners like a madman and managed to shave off about 2s. Will also revert and see if there’s a difference.

I’ll try with the cutting corners, but while on a street circuit I can accept using the side walks where possible, actual track limits should be respected. I had one or two laps where they time didn’t register before I tried the smooth route.

just how fucking barbaric did you go? even my wildest lines didn’t do that… and i’m on a keyboard…

btw, am i allowed to fiddle around with tire pressures?
it freaking helps

IIRC, by not having both wheels on the tarmac. It does register the time in the overview, but doesn’t recognize it as fastest time of the session. I refer to Strop’s fastest lap in round 1 (although his second fastest, which did register, was still crazily impressive fast).

Actually boost doesn’t care as long as the time registers i.e. you hit all the checkpoints.

So with that said, I’m using Fujiwara style gutter run on these abnormally tall kerbs. Except sometimes I’m not even remotely on the road, I’m using the gutter run with the outside wheel :joy:

And no, don’t touch the pressures. I don’t think Boost allowed it unless @BoostandEthanol says otherwise… Coz it sure does help!

1 Like

I trust you and the circuits haven’t been problematic yet, but that potentially does leave open loop holes in terms of corner cutting and chicane jumping.

Well put it this way if there are any courses where the checkpoints are that rubbish, I’ll be sure to point it out just like I have been (and also recording all replays).

For this round if my lines are the best ones the replay is going to be pretty hilarious…

1 Like

well then… with the pressure changes, i managed just under 57s… i guess that’s out the window now tho

Position Username Lap Time Controller
1 strop 53.5 Wheel
2 Private_Miros 54.928 Wheel
3 Nicholander 55.721 Wheel
4 conan 58.712 Controller
5 Mikonp7 59.747 Controller

Got rid of the scoring because who cares?

7 Likes

Damn, forgot to submit D: Though, I also just about managed to get low-59s Despite shortcuts off the track :sweat_smile:
Again friggin mad time by strop! (or was it Takumi the entire time? :thinking:)

Noooooo :sob: forgot to submit, I was in the high 57 seconds

Round four. This time we have the MM Excelsior Rossa Corsa, a front engine rear drive sports car for drivers!

Thanks to @strop for the car.

Car Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xW015gpBtl8CVzSEVPaFlc4Kd9w9sMAp

Put the car here:image

Track: Automation Test Track - image

Make sure you have realistic ABS and realistic transmission selected.

No rules on start, can be a rolling lap or flying lap.

Remember: PM me your times. Screenshots and replays, while aren’t required, will help you a lot in proving your time if it is a good one.

Talk about your times or whatever, I don’t care

Deadline: 11th November 17:00 GMT

14 Likes

I agree boost let’s not worry about the scoring.

I’ll post a replay of my stupid lap shortly. It’s really stupid. If you stay on track you’ll be nearly a second slower.

Now this happens to be my own car so if anybody beats me at it I’m going to be rather embarrassed :grimacing: It’s also worth noting this is a track where cutting will not significantly benefit you, so here’s your chance!

EDIT: So I, uh, have a really embarrassing confession to make. When getting the replay ready to upload I read the brief again and it turns out I was doing the wrong race this whole time. There’s an extra bend in the race that boost set.

For what it’s worth, I gave the actual race a go and the time was 54.098. I also discovered that replay timing and the clock isn’t all that accurate and if there’s drop in framerate or whatever the replay can give you the wrong time.

Here’s the replay in full.

So @BoostandEthanol my time is null and void. If you wanna update with the new value please feel free to do so, or if you want to take it off altogether that’s fine too.

2 Likes

sorry to double post, but this is now about the next round.

Well, if anybody gets a standing start lap time of under 2:21 and a flying lap time of under 2:19 lmk and I’ll consider tightening the drawstrings a bit :stuck_out_tongue: