Automation's Fastest Driver

Shit I forgot to send my time for last round. Rough week-end u_u

Logic dictates a 2:23.600 and 2:21.500 for me then. We’ll see :stuck_out_tongue:

Some background on the car would be appreciated; stats and built year for example?

Edit: if I even get there, after a first run: the car doesn’t suit my driving style. I’m tired and tried only once (4laps), but the best so far was only 2:22.968, on a flying lap.

Okay some specs on the car:

1995 Matteo Miglia Excelsior Rosso Corsa

Engine: 2.5L V6, naturally aspirated
Power: 210hp @ 7600rpm
Drivetrain: FR, 5 speed manual, viscous LSD
Weight: 1203kg
Tyres: 225/45R16 sport tyres
Doors: 2
Seats: 4

6 Likes

Second try.

2:21.381. That’s in line with how much I’m usually off @strop’s tempo.

1 Like

The current round is actually the first in this series to involve such a vehicle - the PMI Usurper in the second round was also FR, but was too big and bulky to be regarded as an actual sports car in the vein of the MM Excelsior. Anyway, this round is already being contested as fiercely as the previous ones - the next one, whatever car is required for it, may well be even more intense…

Since the round’s over, I’ll put my 02:20.882 lap recording:

2 Likes

Oh whoops I forgot to PM again. I’ll upload a replay of my laps and times later.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. Forgot this existed to be honest.

Position Username Lap Time Controller
1 Strop 2:18.169 Wheel
2 Nicholander 2:20.882 Wheel

Next round whenever I can be bothered to.

4 Likes

Hey if you can’t be bothered, it’s okay to take a break.

Though it would be ideal if interest was sufficient that you could hand the reins over temporarily to someone…

5 Likes

Shit.

Red Dead Redemption 2, Spyro Reignited, Cities Skylines Industries got me :t

I haven’t got the time currently to drive for competitive times, but I do like the car/track combinations being posted. I will always try to get at least 2 runs in and post those time. If not only to discourage the general public that only strop times are decent :wink:

If I had the time, I’d definitely be entering this, but currently renovating :expressionless:

If you’re open to suggestions on mixing it up - something that has worked with other games previously:

One person chooses a track and a car (in this case, one from their own lore if they have some would work well) and then makes it available to all. Everyone sends their times to the host, and after X amount of time, the results are posted and the fastest player (current host excluded) hosts the next round.

If one player keeps topping the charts all the time, then a gentleman’s /lady’s agreement comes into place and they give up hosting for Y number of rounds.

Just a thought :slight_smile:

That was basically the arrangement on the Assetto Corsa leaderboard, except the host picked all the conditions. It worked well enough there.

Yeah if anyone is interested in taking over or whatever, DM me. I’ll try and sort something out.

Also sorry about this all. I’ve kinda fallen out with Automation, really lost my interest in it, and kinda just forgot it existed. Fortunately.

Anyway yeah DM me or whatever

Ok boost gave me the blessing. I’ll have a round up tomorrow with a bit of a treat.

As @Daffyflyer said, more Lambtis, more good.

8 Likes

Okay everybody here it is:

Welcome to the Jungle

As mentioned, the car is @Daffyflyer’s Mazda Lantis a.k.a 323 Astina (used with his blessing). It’s been somewhat modified and goes a fair bit harder and tighter than the stock. Also note that it does not have ABS and it has a manual transmission, so set those to Realistic.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FT60mQJNWUfg9NFsB1avcsUlUMi6jjbW

The map is Jungle Rock Island, and we’re going to punt it up the short course. The road is bumpy. Pay attention to exactly where they are because they may affect your lines signficantly.

As you can see, there are a couple of reference times to the right. The slower one is my first go having never sighted the map. The second is pushing significantly harder, but probably not 100% of what is possible.

If any of you get below 1:40 I’ll be impressed.

We’ll run the round for a week, until enough people enter, or people get sick of it.

13 Likes

yo everyone like I’ve received 1 PM and nobody else has said anything and it’s been a week.

Any takers?

I’d love to give it a shot, just a matter of time :wink:

I tried. Made it to about half way.

I’m pretty bad at rally style driving, so I wasn’t really able to get close to the 1:40.999 benchmark @strop set. But anyway I got,

That car itself is actually pretty nice to drive, but the bouncy road, (especially on that one hairpin section after the first set of straight-aways) makes it somewhat difficult at times to use the FWD to rotate the car.