Bogliq Automotive Engineering

I was actually able to eek out 543 hp from V12 NA eco tuned. The trick is to go DOHC 4v and make it as oversquare as possible to maximize the revs before the low-friction cast pistons disintegrate.

Eco turbo version of original Bogliq Ecospeed…

Next gen eco V12 NA version of the Ecospeed…

I was particulary pleased with achieving a 33% engine efficiency as it’s a personal best to date :smiley:

The CEO of Kraft Haus Technik challenged the engineers at Bogliq to build an I4 Turbo because it’d be better than the NA V12.

This car is the result of the Bogliq engineers efforts…

The result? Failure! :astonished: :open_mouth: :astonished:

Thanks for reading my build thread and feel free to comment, make suggestions or just pop in for a cup of Moldovan tea! :laughing: :smiley: :laughing:

I thik you should see more cars at car shows. Nobody is using biodesign in 2016, everybody is using edges and stuff. Plus all the cars got so much going on that you can’t replicate that style by simply using 3 headlights and 3 vents, you should try combos of those, look at Strop’s Kelpie for an example.

Moreso than just edges, as I commented somewhere… I think it was in The Efficient Future, it’s creating new lines of flow and shapes with cutouts. Even a Toyota Corolla has a bit of that kind of cut-out action going on the rear quarter-panel these days.

And as for concepts…

Doesn’t this remind you a bit of the more recent design language of Saminda (as in the forum thread)?

I mean, you don’t have to follow the trend, and in a way you could do well creating your own. However, that, as squidhead said, ‘bioaesthetic’ belongs more to concept cars from the 90s, and as fashion eyes go, unless you find a way to make retro things really distinctive so as to singlehandedly set the new trend, it will just look dated. It’s a fickle thing.

Thanks Squidhead and Strop for your feedback, I’ll try to make my ‘bioaesthetic’ design distinctive and dramatic rather than put swathes of chrome over my cars, :laughing:

That being said, I’m aware that I’ll be very unlikely to singlehandedly set any new trends so I’ll have to settle for all the “least likely to be fashionable” awards! :smiley:

I’m going to settle for “WIP” and, when I have the time, putting out concepts for feedback as I may be able to find a way to embrace the new style without resorting to chrome! :ugeek:

This is the best car I’ve ever built: EVER!!!

Tonnes of power, very fast, uniquely styled for her pleasure… This car has it all!!!

And the best part? I did a PB on the Green Hell!

And, in the spirit of Bogliq Automotive and Moldova, it’s open-source!!!

High_Octane_Love - CSR17-HighOctaneLove.zip (103.8 KB)

Feel free to download yourself a copy to learn all you can about fast car design, plus it was made on the current (as of the date of this post) stable build so open-beta may produce different results… (I use all Workshop mods)

Thankyou @strop for showing me the way and empowering me to be able to build the extreme cars I’ve always wanted to build since I started Automation!

Buy better, buy Bogliq!

2 Likes

a supercar from boqliq?!?!
GASP

but why 7 speed manual and v8 instead of v12?

HOW does it have so good Green Hell time, so high top speed, so low fuel consumption and so big weight IN THE SAME TIME?! Especially how it achieves that track time with such weight and rather standard cornering figures? Does it have minimal cooling? :open_mouth:

Bogliq is all about traditional manual gearboxes over any form of (no pun intended) automation. The V8 was required to get the power I needed with the AWD gearbox… I built a RWD V12 which lapped Green Hell at 7:10ish but I needed to beat 6:46! :sunglasses:

@szafirowy01 The cooling is at required level so it won’t overheat when sitting still but feel free to download the car and learn all my secrets! :grin:

Presenting the 2015 Bogliq Fox 200 Sport!!! :scream:

Laps the Nurburgring in 8:51 and is designed to retail for under $60k Automation units! :heart_eyes:

The design was made deliberately simple to reflect this car’s budget race car aesthetic and the car is made from FRP and aluminium for lightness without the cost of carbon fibre

Thanks @Der_Bayer for the overall inspiration as his recent CSR win made me want to check out this body to see what it’s capable of… Needless to say, my example hardly scratches the surface, lol!

2 Likes

NEED. 200 SPORT. NAO.

Lol my Pick-Up trucks are faster than that.

It’s like a little Elise! Come on, make a superlight hardcore version! We beg you!

1 Like

What sort of markup do you run for it to sell for 60 grand O.O

I’d say it’s nothing special, if it’s meant to be a mass production model. A muscle car I made with factory settings and about 20% markup (I think - I’ll have to check) costs about half that.

On that note an 8:51 around le Nordschleife is atrocious.

Exactly my thoughts, it’s twice the price of pretty much any of it’s direct competitors, and it’s also twice the price of some of the very extreme track toys on these forums.

@szafirowy01 and @squidhead I’m running a 100% mark-up as the car is meant for limited production.

@Awildgermanappears The car has a NA, VTEC, 2L V6 so it’s never going to be super fast; but it’ll be a fun drive and with a 0-100 of about 5.5 and a quarter mile of 13.8 it goes well enough! It also uses fuel at under 7L/100km so it doesn’t cost much to run (on 95RON as well!).

As for the lap time, it’s fast enough for now… :sunglasses:

@ramthecowy I will enhance the current spec sport and then I’ll make a hardcore NA version. After that’s done then I’ll try my hand at a turbo version. The biggest issue with this body is it’s cramped engine bay. A 2L I4 doesn’t fit so it’s hard to find a tuner friendly bore/stroke balance… But I will continue to try! :persevere:

1 Like