Bridgell Motor Company

Here’s a obscure classic, produced only because we could. We partner with Haulers, to bring you the Bridgell-Haulers Roadster, a american take on a european classic. And of course it have a V8, why you ask?

Bridgell-Haulers Roadster - V8.car (24.6 KB)

2 Likes

Fiat Brava :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve decided to revamp the Kengha with the new parts avaliable and new techniques I’ve learnt.

There’s also a race version now.

Bridgell Kengha - 3.5 Integrale.car (47.9 KB)
Bridgell Kengha - Hatch.car (40.9 KB)

5 Likes

Metamorphosis ocurring…

6 Likes

Ready for a huge dose of nostalgia? This is the Bridgell Praga, buit by the gasmean arm of Bridgell to fight the recently anounced oil crisis. Since it was developed the cheapest way possible , it’s a tiny and HEAVY lader chassis, solid axle car, barelly moved by its strangled 2 liter I4 on the LS version shown below:

There was also a Turbo version, with a 2.2, obvioulsy turbocharged, and nicer suspension, interior, spoilers and all the chrome accents Painted Black. Still pretty slow. Also: POP UP HEADLIGHS. How cool is that?! Even trough they offer NO performance improvement. But now you have something to fiddle with on red lights.

Go have unfun:

Bridgell Praga - 2.0 LS.car (32.8 KB)
Bridgell Praga - 2.0 Turbo.car (32.9 KB)

6 Likes

I feel like most people bought them in base trim with base paint and not a single upgrade EXCEPT a two speed automatic.

1 Like

LPE made a performance package for the Deity, in two stages.The Hurricane kit offers a 1900cc engine, with 40’s marine origins, a lightly retuned suspension and new rear end gears. Only exterior feature is a new front badge.

Bridgell Deity - Hurricane Sedan.car

The V8 is a true hooligan, with a 100 hp V8 crammed on the little thing, plus all the upgrades of the Hurricane and a V8 badge on the front.

Bridgell Deity - Sedan V8 by LPE.car

Thanks @Obfuscious for the great cars!

6 Likes

Here’s another model from our lovery british mad folks. In 1997, Bridgell released, under it’s luxury brand, Orchid, the Belmond. It aimed at the selected clients with the most refined taste for luxury, sporting a silky smooth V12 under the bonnet, mated to a even smoother electronically controled gearbox, with AWD, so there’s nothing that can prevent you from reaching anyone’s manor. The back heated seats recline and slide back and forth, and also feature massagers. Most of the conforts from a high class hotel room can be found inside. The cabin is fully soundproof, including electromagnectic/vacuum operated door latches, so all the moments inside it can be lived in absolute silence. A high tech, fully adaptative suspension guarantees the smoothest ride possible, and to top it off, you can take your designer trimmed fur children with you, on a practical and luxurious compartment on the rear. The production was limited to 100 vehicles a year, and all the colours and textures inside and outside were fully customizable. It’s trully how peak land travelling looks and feels like. The model lasted untill 2007, when a new, even more luxurious and confortable sucessor was released. 897 units of this rare pearl were made, and most of them are still selling in auctions for about the same, or even more than the 200.000,00 G$ they were worth new.

Orchid_Belmond_-_Station_Wagon.car (37.2 KB)

3 Likes

Recently I’ve set out to remade one of my first cars, and the first Bridgell car I’ve designed. The 1997 Bridgell Cammommilla. Now less unsightly and with actual specs! It’s packing a 83 hp 1.4 engine, mated to a 5 speed transmission. Pretty basic stuff but it’s a 995 kg car, so it doesn’t need much to get you around town. Also the upper rear window is not an actual window like that other car, it’s a black painted piece. You’re not that fancy. Of course, it was based on that first small modern car from that upper class manufacturer that was a massive flop, so don’t expect much more than that here.

Bridgell_Cammommilla_-_1_4.car (44.5 KB)

3 Likes

Photo119

Starting in 1980, Bridgell Motor Company started selling, with great success, the Bridgell Buccanneer. It was an RHD version of the Bogliq 830B Buccanneer, built in CKD with the RHD components being made in the UK by Bridgell.

Photo118image

H1_Series_-_Bridgell_Buccanneer_830B.car (43.4 KB)

Two special versions of this car were also sold, known as Bridgell Buccanneer Stage 1, sporting a retuned V6 engine, sportier suspensions and a wild bodykit:

H1_Series_-_Bridgell_Buccanneer_MVD-SVP_738SP.car (92.9 KB)

And Bridgell Buccanneer Stage 2, this being limited to 80 cars, all having their twin-turbo DAOHC V6 engines hand-built in the USA, and including a travel ticket there for the new owner to learn how to not die driving this beast.

Photo112Photo113

H1_Series_-_Bridgell_Buccanneer_MVD-SPV_741R.car (92.9 KB)

All UK cars also received a coat of galvanization on all steel parts and similar rust treatments on other parts to survive the harsh environment, and a great amount of them are still on the road today!

Also, the first Stage 2 RHDcar, id UK-00, is still in great shape at our museum, still sporting the special paint job made to celebrate the release, displayed along with other historical Bridgell cars.

Photo123Photo122Photo121Photo120

Link to Bogliq’s lore
Link to MV Design’s lore

2 Likes

Since our restored Bridgell Roadster was featured on the Buccanneer photoshoot, we decided to tell a little about the car. This particular car was one of the first batch, made in 1929. Bridgell had the Roadster, as well as the fordor and woody wagon available, not as much bodies as our friends in the US, but as a still small company, we couldn’t offer that many variations. These cars were powered by a 40 hp I4 engine, though a 3-speed manual transmission, just enough to get them moving, but not that sporty. We’re still trying to track down a 1932 Bridgell for our collection, as this was the first year of our V8 engine, in good shape with no modifications.

1929_Bridgell_-_Roadster.car (31.7 KB)

3 Likes

I like the Belmond wagon, it is a bit like if the Toyota Century should have had a wagon version.

1 Like

Welp. Gotta get better at hiding my inspirations!

3 Likes

My first video about Bridgell and some new cars for it!

Bridgell Whippet

A small, cheap, FWD coupe, released mid 60’s, the Whippet is a great ticket into the sports car world, with adequate power, challenging handling and stunning looks, it was frequently seen in tracks and side roads all over the europe. Rare sight nowadays, as most have been crashed in such activities, mostly due to it’s understeery nature.

Bridgell_Whippet_-_1600.car (34.8 KB)

Bridgell Faith

A spiritual predecessor to the Hope, the Faith is a vehicle focused on giving the elderly and disabled an stylish and easy way to locomote. It’s american looks, lack of licence need, and ease to drive made it a common staple on lots of households around europe. It’s powered by a 318cc I3, paired with and automatic 2 speed gearbox. Includes a ludicrous restomod version.

Bridgell_Faith_-STD.car (36.5 KB)
Bridgell_Faith
-_Restomod.car (40.0 KB)

3 Likes
Orchid Lilium GT
The Orchid Lilium GT is a huge luxury sedan, developed for an utopian Brazil where the petrol crysis never hit, and more people could afford bigger cars. It includes an ultra smooth hidropneumatic suspension, an smooth, reliable 200hp V8 engine, coupled with a 5 speed manual, and all the amenities you could expect from one of the most prestigious cars ever made by Bridgell's luxury brand. This car also features the first appearance of Orchid's badge!

BN70_(Marcus_gt500)_-_Orchid_Lilium_GT.car (76.6 KB)

3 Likes

Before I forget, I should add I’ve made a Futuro Darko version of the Lilium.

BN70_(Marcus_gt500)_-_Futuro_Darko.car (92.3 KB)

3 Likes

Presenting the brand new Bridgell P1500, straight from mother england!

With modern looks and strong performance, this compact sedan will challenge your perception of small cars!

A beautiful monochromatic brown interior with our patented quick fold front seats guarantee easy and fast access to the spacious rear seat!

Come test drive it today!

Bridgell_-_Bridgell_P1500.car (96.1 KB)

7 Likes

Your old and disabled gramps still wants to drive. Wyd? You shove his stuck a** on a cheese piece shaped fiberglass box of death and give it a push! Presenting the brand new 1978 Bridgell Metropolitan!

Hey @Knugcab this is the successor of the Hope and the Faith!

Bridgell_Metropolitan_-_STD.car (69.5 KB)

4 Likes

The Metropolitan also received an electric version at the time, with only a small modification to the bumpers needed to fit the batteries!

Bridgell_Metropolitan_-Electric.car (72.3 KB)

5 Likes

Following Bridgell’s long tradition of releasing the finest refuse containers on wheels, here’s the 1972 Bridgell BD400, a European city car adapted to the laws and economic situation of a recently de-petrolified America. But not even the economical situation could make this sardine can on wheels have relevant sales.

This was a test car to see if I could make a 4000$ max car that was still at least believable

Bridgell_BD400_-_STD.car (37.6 KB)

2 Likes