CSR 86 – A Time of Crisis.
Once more, it would be greatly appreciated that if you are not familiar with the rules and regulations of this competition you click here for the applicable link to the rules.
Hello! My name is King Osa Rajasingha from the Kingdom of Kala. People who know me intimately usually call me King Oh. As you may have heard, I’ve reigned in this country for the last 40 years. It wasn’t easy. Between keeping the military government under my thumb, international relations, keeping the Communists at bay, and promoting theater state. That doesn’t mean I’m not happy most of the time. People say I smile a lot.
But one night I awaken to a very bad morning. Suddenly our neighbouring country of Thailand screwed up the economy by freeing the currency market. Suddenly the whole market of the region was screwed. Dammit. As I was enjoying my new Matteo Miglia. Now, in order to keep up appearances I have to drive around in stupid little shitboxes again. That’s actually a very good point.
You see, in the time like this, moral support of the people is key to them not start an uprising against their leader. And what else would do that best other than creating the absolute patriotism? I need to give people a car that will let them know they’re in a big screwed up society and yet also make them proud.
I’m asking all car manufacturer here that’s operating in my country to create a single car model that will become the national car. It doesn’t matter if it’s from foreign manufacturer, as long as I endorse it, people will love it! I reckon for a time like this, the car they would like best would be a family car of some sort? Being able to carry 5 people, having enough power for going anywhere, comfortable enough and with air-conditioning (so more power required to power that!), also it must be tough and reliable. But it must also be cheap to produce because we’re in dire strait here economically.
But my people are a picky bunch and they won’t accept crap car. But they’re also poor and wouldn’t be able to afford much luxury either. But that doesn’t mean they will accept any turd you throw at them! It must let them feel like they have luxury even though they don’t!
If you want your car to become an icon of a country, a failing country I will admit, but a country none the less. Submit your proposal, and we’ll talk when I have free time from my visit to my concubine.
It would be a nice gift to them on 40th anniversary of my reigning.
- Model/Trim year 1997.
- Minimum 5 full seats.
- 91 RON unleaded fuel only.
- Catalytic converters are obligatory.
- Maximum loudness of 40.
- No limit on Engine and Trim PU as long as it make the budget.
- Maximum Engine and Trim ET of strict 25.
- Budget of $8,000 @ 0% markup.
- No Advert Required.
- All Workshop content is acceptable.
- Comfort. This is important, but no need to go excessive and certainly don’t min-max the in-game value. If you put good premium interior in and rock-hard suspension, that’ll be thrown out.
- Cheap car that will do the same job = Better. You definitely don’t need to go to the full maximum budget.
- Looks is important, it doesn’t have to be the greatest design 10/10 official comp level. About 4-7 would be alright. Anything below that are just going to make people vomit. Don’t make it offensive and definitely don’t do garish colour. People ain’t buying that. Also, the car needs to have a certain air of appearance about it. Asian care a lot more about appearances than Western society would and what others would perceived them and that also applies to cars.
- Service cost is important too! It’ll be a combine judging from both engineering standpoint and in game value. If the in game value make sense then that’ll be it. But if there’s a choice that is obviously going to make life difficult for the mechanic appearing (hydropneumatics suspension for example), I will certainly penalize you for that.
- Fuel Economy is also a criteria. But petrol is still relatively cheap so you don’t need to go that low.
- Reliability is oh so important. Don’t make it fragile.
- Performance. It doesn’t have to be lightning fast, but it must be enough for carry 9 people crammed in up the mountainous area while air-conditioning is on full blast. Reckon the 0-100km/h time of 10-14 seconds to be acceptable. Good handling would be a nice bonus, but not important.
- Practicality. As long as it has 5 seats and good boot space, that’s okay. No need for 7 seater high riding Minivan as we’re not Indonesian. But it should be 4-door to be easy to get in and out of you know. People of Kingdom of Kala likes Saloon/Sedan car too. But I wouldn’t bin the other designs outright. Just so you know that if there are two cars that are similar and one happen to be 4-door Sedan, that’s going to be the first option.
- Drivability will not be look into details. As long as it’s not too low that it stands out from the rest of the pack it’ll be fine. 40-50 is a good range.
- Manual or Automatic? Doesn’t matter. People of Kingdom of Kala can drive both. But extra comfort would be nice, right?
- ABS is okay by 1997.
- As this is a relatively dry, very hot country, environmental resistance should only be in conform of the standard of the era. It should have at least galvanised steel chassis but no need to go excessive.
- Safety only matters to a point. And by that I mean don’t make a Pinto, Corvair, Yugo etc.etc. Figure at least Basic 80’s.
As always, the same naming system applies!
Car and engine model name: CSR 86 - “username”
Car trim: Brand, model and variant of car
Engine trim: Engine model/variant
Deadline is 21st October, Midnight (GMT +7)
That’s 17.00 for British People.
Please do not rush your entries, take all the time you need, within the obvious limit of course.
If you are unsure as to what time that is in your time zone, click here to see what time that is for you!
May The Best Shite Win.