CSR 89 - "Cheri Cheri Lady" (RESULTS)

Wow, I didn’t expect that much concern about dismissing the 2 seat rear setup. But let me elaborate that it wasn’t without thought: While it is definitely the most realistic setup for the era and market and would also be a bench in most cases, I found it to be a bit too uncompromising within the game.
The design idea was that if you go for a two seat option, +2 is the way to go, being a comfortable medium between +3 (crammed but good practicality) and full 3 (gone out of their way to make the rear seats usable even for passengers)
With that insight, full 2, at least in the game, fell into an awkward spot, which is why I ultimately decided to not have anyone bother with it. Besides, ever sat in the rear of a convertible with the top off?

4 Likes

ha 6500 rpm that’s funny
75 hp

it goes more than a mile per gallon too

ha
ha
ha

edit: ima lose this real quick

1 Like

While I do like the challenge idea, I’m not exactly happy that we don’t have numbers for the criteria/valued states.

How much drivability does Janny want? 30? 40? 50? The more she wants, the more likely that automatics would be used (or attempted to be used) instead of manuals, as those give huge reliability bonuses.

What does “good” mean for Janny? 30? 40? 50? 60? The more she wants (both engine and trim), the less viable turbochargers and automatics will be (as those seriously hurt reliability).

Again, what do you mean by this? Because I’ve gotten my entry up to an astounding 38.7 US mpg (possibly higher) without going over the PU/ET, loudness, or weight limits, and that’s insanely high for 1991. (A much more reasonable minimum would be 26 US mpg, or 9L/100km (or 11.1 km/l)). The lower the fuel economy, the more likely people will stay with N/A, as turbochargers bring HUGE economy boosts for comparatively little PU/ET investments.

How bearable? $1,000? $750? $500? Lower limits will discourage people from using turbochargers and wide sports tires.

Again, what do you mean by this? I’m quite sure at least some people would find 5 comfort to be “a modesty”.

Also:
*Will Prestige, Practicality, Utility, Offroad, etc. be evaluated? If so, how weighted will each of them be?
*What about Sportiness, in particular? Is that considered, and how much will we need?
*What sort of “lower displacements” do you mean? >2 liters? >1.5 liters? >1 liter? Lower will encourage more people to use turbocharged threes and fours instead of N/A fives and sixes.

1 Like

Ha

Ok part of the joke is that they’re trying to make it sound extreme

Just make a car cooler and better suiting to jenny as anyone else and stop complaining. Not everything has always to be set clearly. Or have you ever meet a girl that gave a clear instruction for what she want?

6 Likes

I think he did that to give more leeway and variety to the challenge. That said, I do agree that perhaps a number range would help, so the entries won’t be discounted because we misjudged what the very unambiguous “bearable” means.

1 Like

I’ve done challenges without a set idea of what the stats should be, saying “best judgement” instead. People tend to get salty when what they thought was good enough apparently isn’t. The thing is we don’t exactly know how the numbers would correspond to a real car, so sometimes there could be differences in interpretation.

Nice economy = 20 mpg for me

I’m still below that but let’s ignore

The weight limit is the only thing thwarting my progress because my engine isn’t SOHC but fits in every constraint except weight. A displacement limit would be much welcomed instead of the weight here, but others might not want to get a DOHC engine killing off everything else in a budget competition.

1 Like

The car to bring America into the future.

Shromet

The Shromet Interval Turbo. Prices start from $8,950

13 Likes

The usual stuff on ya rear end, sir?

1 Like

damnit

These are quite many questions, but input on stats was intentionally kept vague in order to not spoil some sort of “secret receipe” to make the perfect car for the challenge brief.
However, I have added more description of what can be considered in the stats when setting up and tuning the car, up in the first post.
No guidelines were changed since yesterday evening, but Practicality is now additionally mentioned beside the hint in the flavor.
Stats that aren’t mentioned receive less to no regard, at most only be tie-breakers.

Also, accepting entries in less than 4 hours!

1 Like

Turbocharged + mid/rear mounted engine =

S E R V I C E . C O S T S
BiodegradableAdoredCoypu-max-1mb
S E R V I C E . C O S T S

18 Likes

I’ve been thinking about you! Entries are open!

Any further questions you may have, I get to as soon as I can.

4 Likes

8 Likes

1991 Lagau Epyx Turbo

Things worth knowing about this A B S O L U T E U N I T :

• With it’s lightweight body and a powerful 1.4 L Inline 5 Turbo, It can get up to a top speed of 183 km/h and it’s no slouch with acceleration with a 0-60 in 8.9 seconds, it can totally surprise unsuspecting would-be passengers.

• Creature Comforts are up to the standards with standard quality seats and a robust 8-track stereo, with a ingenious 3 bench-style front seats, there will be room at the back for anything the adventure will need, from camping trips to vacations to the beach.

• Thanks to our All-Wheel Drive system, this car can go anywhere the wind blows, fear no more about the worries of taking detours when you take the wheel of this little off-roader

• Fuel economy is not too bad either. with the help of turbo technology, It manages to push the engine to 131hp while achieving 34.6 MPG (US).

Manual Roof Operation
  1. Unscrew first the fabric roof off the pillars, there are five in each side, then fold it in half and store in the boot.
    Andysnap_011

You have essentially made your car a convertible, however you can do this additional step to experience full open-air driving

1. (optional) Using a separate key for the pillars, unlock two of the keyholes in each side, then simply detach them. There is special tray under the boot floor for the pillars where you can store them for later attachment

Andysnap_013

15 Likes

Cheap Fun

The Ghyffer Pousella C is all about that, the C trim emphasizing it with a convertible top!

Have fun in the sun that won’t break the bank, with the easy to drive Pousella.

Our big 1.8L, 80hp Boxer 4 engine has the get-up, and the advanced automatic transmission takes care of all the shifting for you, so you can cruise without worry!

And it also includes some creature comforts for the cabin, so you’re never bored with a cassette player and comfortable cloth seats.

Did we mention, it won’t break the bank when you have to fuel it up? Yep, with an overall fuel economy rating of 26 MPGs you can go anywhere and it won’t cost you an arm and a leg to fill it up.

Buy yours today for the low price of only $8532 AMUs!

Ghyffer is a sub-brand of Grand Motors Company. Available at all Ghyffer dealerships and select Grand Motors dealerships. Convertible model priced as shown with standard options. More options available at extra cost. Shipping and Freight charges may apply. See dealer for details.

5 Likes

Huangdou More Random Numbers and Letters
When will the numbers stop

Moar

14 Likes

Introducing the all-new Pajaro Tempest Cabriolet
Taking the roof off of a car has been scientifically shown to make the car look 50% better. So maybe that’s why you can’t take your eyes off of the Tempest.

Thanks to the Inline-4 under the bonnet, the Tempest returns more than 39mpg. But don’t think we’ve cheaped out on the interior, because the Tempest features one of the best interiors in it’s class.

The Tempest, starting from $8950.

Some pictures

(sorry for the terrible introduction text, I’m not really an expert in that writing field)

8 Likes

Introducing '91 SBA Rosales R150 CS

More of press picture (Global Export Version)

17 Likes