CSR 91 - Five O [FINAL RESULTS]

Thanks for making my “best in class fuel mileage” claim false

New, for MY2011:

ELECTI Bengal Citizen

Classy. Clean. Contemporary. A unique character.

Strong. Practical. Dependable. Fit for purpose.

Anything. Anywhere. Anytime. Bengal.

Break convention. Make a statement. Drive ELECTI.

Model shown Bengal Citizen, fleet variant available. $20840,- 0% finance available, subject to status. 6sp manual. Acceleration 7.1s 0-60mph, Fuel consumption rated 5.9l / 100km. Citizen trim inclusive of: bi-xenon headlights w/self levelling and washers, LED DRL + foglights, alloy wheels, Sat Nav, park assist front/rear w/reversing camera, DAB radio tuner, roof rails, side steps, AllTrac-O AWD system w/locking differentials, AC, PAS, ABS, TC, ESP as standard.

Please see our extended fleet service leaflet below for more detailed specifications.

Bengal Enforcer - The ultimate in versatility.
Replace your aging fleet today and upgrade your image!

Bonus promotional material

Detailed vehicle specifications

The Enforcer variant is characterized by incredible versatility and reliability. It can be made to fulfill any and every purpose, whether load carrying, personnel transport or otherwise - you can always depend on the Bengal! Proposed variant comes in ‘Service White’ hard wearing paint finish, ready for the application of your custom livery, with warning lights, front push bar and CB Radio pre installed. All service-specific equipment will be pre-installed.

Note: Offset your service costs with our aftercare support and class-leading* fuel consumption - An average saving in excess of $1000 is attainable, subject to milage.

Chassis/Suspension:
Galv. Steel unibody
Partial Alu panelling
Front suspension: MacPherson
Rear suspension: Double Wishbone
Including full body undertray
Kerb weight: 2073.6kg
Wheelbase: 2.90m
Length: 5.0m

Powertrain:
Longitudinal inline-6 3.9l
Petrol Turbo, 95 RON
RI.624 TE.39i
DOHC 24v, Direct injection
Peak HP: 258 Hp @ 5400 RPM
Peak TQ: 472 Nm @ 2100 RPM (470Nm available from 1900 RPM)

Transmission:
6 speed manual
AllTrac-O AWD including manual locking differentials
51/49 split F/R
System operating in conjunction with TC/ESP to deliver peak traction in all weather conditions.

Utility/Performance:
0-60 MPH: 7.1s
Fuel economy: 5.9l / 100km
Braking dist: 36.3m
Safety score: 60.1 NCAP
V-max: 250 KPH
Cornering grip: 0.999g (20m)

Passenger compartment volume: 4749 l
Cargo compartment volume: 1498 l
Tow rating: 2064kg
Carying capacity: 804kg
Service cost: $1193.5 annually

Price per 10 units: $208400 (inc VAT, rebates available)

7 Likes

What happens when you run out of companies?
You just use someone elses one!

(Thanks @BoostandEthanol for allowing this :P)

9 Likes

Welp, that’s my “best in class fuel mileage” claim well and truly out the window

I think I might actually have one of the highest fuel economy numbers with probably the heaviest car. The engine alone weighs 700 lbs but the thing gets 5.8 l/100km.

We meet again, Bengal :thinking:

-Mondo EB10

1 Like

@GassTiresandOil
No, that’s correct. 18.233 MPG(us) to split hairs. Type **.*L/KM to MPG into Google, and it auto calculates. Other search engines may, didn’t check.

Thanks. I just deleted my post. Sorry. As long as I still qualify lol

Geschenk Caso Cruiser

Som photos

6 Likes

In that case I’m off by about 0.02l / 100km with an awd SUV. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ll take that. Out of curiosity, what is your kerb weight?

@Ezdmn I swear I’ve seen that Mondo before :thinking: It looks cool in a police livery though.

And that’s the submission deadline.

Submissions are closed

I have recieved 45 entries and require ad proposals from @thecarlover, @LordLetto and @koolkei.

Round 1 reviews will most likely be up on Saturday.

10 Likes

My kerb weight is 4270 lbs, or 1936 kg. So it’s less than yours. I was thinking of a direct 2-1 unit rate between kg/lbs. With a silicon engine block it got ~43 mpg and weighed under two tons, but that was over ET limits.

Mine weighed in at 2112.3 kg’s, which is over 4600 lbs. It’s pretty heavy, but I"m hoping that’s a good thing for this challenge.

a lazy ad later

7 Likes

Introducing the 2011 Letto Bottiglione

Powered by a 3.3L Flat 6, This AWD Cruiser can get 10L/100km with a 0-100 time of 7.74 seconds. our professional test driver can get it around the test track in 2:31.23. It can be yours for $20978/unit, and for a limited time we’re offering a fleet bulk discount of 4.69% off/unit when you order 10 or more ($19994.13/unit, $199941.30 for a fleet of 10):

Get yours now, while supplies last!

2 Likes

RCM Atlantic PPV

$19,148 per unit Specifications sent by secure mail and for law enforcement eyes only.

3 Likes

Judging Round 1/3

Quick summary of the judges:

Police Chief: Chief Kader
Likes things done how they’ve been done, sees the importance of showing strength to the public and having a good, strong public image.
Assistant to the Chief of Police: Deputy Bousaid
More level headed to his superior, prefers more practical approaches. Ultimately a good partner to Kader’s more charismatic but large personality.
Chief Mechanic: Mr. Saab
Mostly here to make suggestions on mechanical strengths and faults. Doesn’t want to work on anything that might be take too long or annoying, or order too much replacements. Likes things simple.
Government workerman: Mr. Naaji
Mostly here to keep the budget in line, easily the least intimidating person in the room. Wants to keep the budget and pocketbook safe.

2011, Dalluha City Police Department HQ

Sun sat was just a bit over the horizon as the meeting to decide on the future of Dalluha’s ground fleet commenced. The HQ itself was a concrete block with windows on it, nothing fancy, pure utilitarian, but that’s to be expected from a building constructed in the late 80s after Dalluha gained independence. While it might have been tall at the time, it was now surrounded by towering glass skyscrapers.

Enough about the building however, the meeting. It was held in one of the smaller board rooms in the upper levels. As Chief Kader put it, “too many heads and it’ll be the last man alive inside that makes the decision anyways”. So the meeting was to just have the three people that actually will make the decision in the room. Deputy Bousaid being a plus one, of sorts.

Center of the table was a box of donuts, a rather Gasmean treat that the department favored, with each of the four men having their cups of coffee along side them. The government workerman Mr. Naaji had himself a laptop that contained a presentation of all the proposed vehicles, though it all was printed out and in a huge stack of files for Kader to flip through anyways.

“Let us begin this meeting then.” Kader began. “Mr. Naaji, show us the first proposal.”

“Alright,we do have 45 proposals to go through so make yourselves comfortable gentlemen. Also I will remind you of the bud-”

“Yes, yes, budget, let’s get on with it. As you suits always say, time is money.” Mr. Saab interupted.

“Right.”

Pajaro Falco 2.5 @CorsicaUnknown

“Here’s are first proposal, the Pajaro Falco 2.5.” Mr. Naaji introduced. “Coming in at $19843 with maintenance expecting to cost 786, this should be a good benchmark to start with.”

“Doesn’t look too bad, but kind of… like average economy car.” Cheif Kader commented.

Mr. Saab meanwhile flipped through the technical documents, his expression turning to a frown.

“Something wrong with it, Mr. Saab?” Deputy Bousaid inquired, noticing his expression.

“It has a turbo, but does nothing. Just extra bolt onto engine. Also active suspension will be pain and cost lots, you won’t like.” Mr. Saab stated, looking at Mr. Naaji.

“Sounds like a no then.”

“Yes, get us something else to look at.” Chief Kader said, moving things along.

Hanson Hawkwing PP @abg7

“This one is the Hawkwing PP, $19997 so right on the estimated cost. Maintenance is a lot higher however…” Naaji started.

“Looks nice, would fit well as compliment to our other fleet, won’t you say?” Kader said to Bousaid.

“I’m not sure if we need a performance sedan as our regular patrol vehicle, sir.” Bousaid stated.

“I agree. We don’t need this, too sporty. Tires and wheels they send with will be gone easy, many replacements.” Saab added.

“Perhaps we could ask them to equip it with different wheels and tires?” Kader suggested.

“Yes, we could. But you fill paperwork.” Saab replied, and after a brief moment Kader put Hanson’s file in the bin along with Pajaro’s.

“Next.” Kader ordered.

Atera Osaka Interceptor @HybridTronny

“Osaka Interceptor, by Atera. This one is a bit more pricey at 20364 and… oh my, this won’t do, maintenance is nearly $500 more than the Pajaro.” Naaji said, his eyes nearly popping out at the maintanence fees.

“From the fancy interior it has.” Saab remarked.

“Doesn’t look too bad on the outside, maybe its insides are worth it?” Kader asked.

“It strange beast. Leaf springs in 2011.”

“Huh.”

“I suggest we move on from this one, Mr. Naaji looks sick from thinking about the price.” Bousaid said.

“Right, next.” Kader tossed Atera’s file into the bin.

TSR Itakara Interceptor @Aaron.W

“Okay, TSR Itakara Interceptor. Coming in at $19223 and better maintenance costs at $1050… still not very good for the pocketbook in my opinion.” Naaji said, looking a bit better than a minute ago. Still not great though.

“Its another one of these angry Japanese economy cars. This time with a bullbar.” Kader noted.

“Angry Eco trying to be sport car.” Saab stated, pointing out the alloy wheels and sport tires on the proposal.

“So that’s a no from Mr. Saab. And the Hanson seemed better in my honest opinion. Anyone for it?” Bousaid asked. The room was silent.

“Next.” Kader ordered, tossing TSR’s file in the bin.

Honghu 8x8 SWB @yangx2

“Something a bit different. Honghu 8x8 SWB, coming in at $17313. Maintenance costs of just 661.” Naaji started, looking much better now.

“Trust the Chinese to know how to make cheap goods.” Kader said offhandedly.

“Sir, that’s a bit…” Bousaid looked at his superior.

“Bousaid, its not a bad thing. Besides, I like how it looks. Big SUV, its my type of thing.”

“Also fast. 5.1 0-100 kph.” Saab added.

“Uhhh… what did the Hanson do?” Kader inquired.

“5.3 sir.” Bousaid answered.

“Hmm… let’s put this in the approved pile.”

“It also has a dual clutch transmission, which won’t be the best for patrols… or maintanence.” Bousaid noted.

Kader put his hand down on the Honghu’s file. “Let’s just keep the fast Chinese SUV.”

“Yes sir.” Bousaid obliged. Saab simply shrugged.

Tricorn Lagato ES @Lava_Cake

“Here’s the Tricorn Lagato ES, a bit more at 20114 and 100 more on maintenance.” Naaji moved onto the next proposal.

“Ah they got our livery already, quite fetching.” Kader remarked.

“Seems practical as well, not as big and bulky as a SUV, but has roughly the same interior space.” Bousaid added.

“Build look ok. Engine not great though. Power cuts at peak, no good.” Saab scanned the document, and finding the error pretty easily.

“Hm, guess we have nearly 40 more, don’t see why we should go with something that has a subpar engine.”

“Fair enough reason to not get this.” Kader put Tricorn’s file into the bin.

Namira GT-6 Police @MasterDoggo

“Another pricey proposal, Namira GT-6 Police. Coming in at 21365…” Naaji read the price off.

“I tell you what happen, you try jump one curb and that thing on tow truck. Wheel no good.” Saab spoke up immediately.

“I concur.” Bousaid agreed.

“Looked decent at least, shame.” Kader said, putting Namira’s file in the bin.

Shromet Levine PIU @DoctorNarfy

“Shromet Levine PIU, it’s a big one, big price too at 22113. About average maintenance costs for such an a big vehicle.” Naaji noted.

“Its very big, I like it.” Kader said, admiring the sheer size of it.

“We do have space for it, but would it be ideal for a patrol vehicle?” Bousaid asked.

“Gasmeans use big truck, don’t see why we cannot.” Saab added his opinion. “V8 on ladder, easy to work on.”

“I’m not a fan of us just going with big SUVs… Hope this isn’t a trend.” Naaji said.

“To be frank Mr. Naaji, you just work behind a desk. Of course you don’t understand.” Kader put the Shromet’s file along with the Honghu’s.

Naaji just sighed, and continued onto the next vehicle.

Huron Aero Patrol @BaronvonJobi

“A much cheaper one, Huron Aero Patrol. Coming at 15997. Cheap mainten-”

“It looks constipated.” Kader stated.

“Uhh… “ Naaji looked at the car’s front end. “I guess so?”

“Dalluha PD is not going to be represented by a car that looks like that. Mr. Saab, have anything else to bury this?”

“Has worse fuel economy than Shromet.” Saab replied, scanning the document.

“Good enough for me.” Kader threw the Huron’s file into the bin.

Russel Valleyfield Unmarked @fromaj

“Even cheaper, Russel Valleyfield Unmarked, at 15882.” Naaji looked up to Kader, who was visibly unimpressed.

“As Mr. Ramsey from the cooking show says, its bland.” Kader stated.

“Not only bland in look, bland in performance. And fuel economy.” Saab added.

“Okay I get it, you guys don’t like it. But it is cheap.” Naaji rebuttaled.

“Mr. Naaji, we live in Dalluha.” Kader started. “Our glorious country does not need to be represented by cars Archana would like.” He then threw Russel’s file into the bin.

“You don’t stay rich by spending where you don’t need to Chief Kader.”

“Tell your boss to cut your paycheck in half then, Mr. Naaji. Because he’s clearly overspending on you.”

“Gentlemen, task at hand?” Bousaid interupted.

LLA X-Pop Fleet @LinkLuke

“Well then, here’s another SUV, you love these. LLA X-Pop Fleet, coming in at $17431.” Naaji moved onto the next proposal.

“Naaji you incompetent fuck, that’s not a SUV.” Kader looked at the box.

“Wha, what even is that, where did we get that?” Naaji switched to the next picture.

“Ah, there’s the right one.”

“Ah… well, as a matter a fact, I do like it.” Kader stated, lifting the file up.

“Before you spite add that to annoy Naaji, I believe Mr. Saab has something to say about it.” Bousaid interupted.

“Alloy wheels, easy break. Fancy active suspension, annoying to fix, no good.” Saab said his piece.

“Hmph… okay then, maybe not this one.” Kader begrudgingly put the LLA file the bin. “Next one.”

FangWeng Liberation Police Cruiser @Flamers

“And this one, FangWeng Liberation - Wow its cheap - only $13406. And the maintenance cost, its very low. Only $425.” Naaji seemed elated to read these numbers, which seemed to annoy Kader.

“Well, at least it does not look as cheap as it is.” Kader admitted.

“Build solid enough, but come with not much.” Saab added. “Also a bit slow.”

“Tactically speaking, its not that bad. Slow compared to say the Honghu but using the radio for tactics it would work. Plus we could get a lot of these if we wanted.” Bousaid spoke his thoughts. “And they don’t look too bad.”

“Suppose we could take a look at it in testing. I don’t expect it to do good there though.” Kader said, reluctantly putting the FangWeng into the approved pile.

“I’m sure it’ll do well.” Naaji remarked.

“Shut up Naaji, move onto the next one.”

Hokuto Excella PRV @On3CherryShake

“Another slightly pricey option from Japan, Hokuto Excella PRV coming in at 20522.”

“Got nice interior, so maintenance will be more.” Saab added.

“That’s right.” Naaji confirmed.

“Also bit loud. And alloys are no good.”

“Guess that’s a no. Nice looking cruiser though, probably popular in Japan.” Kader put the Hokuto file into the bin.

PMC Enforcer @mcp928

“PMC Enforcer, coming in at 17989.” Naaji moved onto the next proposal.

“That grille looks familiar. Also that single light is… big.” Kader noted, looking at the picture.

“Got full aero underbody… not good if any offroad.” Saab noted. “Break then no aero anyway.”

“Not really a fan of its looks.” Kader decided.

“Not great fuel eco either. But at least a bit fast. Not Honghu fast.”

“Eh, not feeling it. Bousaid?”

“I don’t particularly see anything special with it sir, perhaps we move on?” Bousaid suggested.

“Perhaps we do.” Kader put PMC’s file into the bin.

Jefferson Ventura Enforcer @PengiWanKenobi

“And here’s the Jefferson Ventura Enforcer, costs $20000. Maintenance costs are about average.” Naaji moved onto the next one.

“Faster than PMC, but it has DCT. Would be annoying to fix.” Saab stated.

“Is it Honghu 8x8 fast though?” Kader asked.

“No.”

“Well then, is it worth the hassle?”

“No.”

“I do like how it looks though, but… well, mechanic has spoken.” Kader said, putting Jefferson’s file into the bin. “I feel now is a good time for a break as any, we’ll meet up again here in ten.”

And that’s the first 15 done. Another 15 later and then the last 15, then the finalist round. There will be at least 10 finalists. Maybe a wildcard too.

20 Likes

Oof, 80% attrition rate. These Dalluhans are hard to please!

2 Likes

Most certainly popular in Japan haha! Also, police cars use steel wheels like that as commonplace aim pretty sure. Oh well

Wow… I got binned hard. For the record, that big light was a reference to the Michigan State Patrol. Been a proud tradition for about a century now. Not super related to the contest, just a nod. That, and there is something special, it has a twin. A bigger, offradier twin. Not whining, just responding to the committee. Good write up.

1 Like