CSR 91 - Five O [FINAL RESULTS]

Dang… I’m far less confident in my vehicle now lol

Now I have a feeling that mine will be rejected. XD

I could have gotten 500 hp without concern over fuel economy… Apparently they don’t care about fuel economy. We’ll see, I guess.

Yikes, the bin is getting full fast.

I’m somewhat less confident on account of going for alloy wheels now. Didn’t see that coming xD I’ll have to add that to the list of some things that might trip me up.

On the flip side, I can’t remember the last time I saw a patrol car or suv on steelies irl.

Lol, that was a hard binning, dang it Mr. Kader

1 Like

I went steel because an alloy wouldn’t survive central reservations and kerbs at speed.

It also gave a minor increase in offroad and I figured I’d need all the help I could get.

4 Likes

Figures, got binned because of a crappy engine. At least they liked the rest of the car, though!

Fair enough. The Dalluhans seem to need more headroom in the budget than I thought - by this I meant money left over from buying the cars would have to be used for maintaining them (the more the better). High-performance tires and alloy wheels, which I used, will eat into much of that. I should have gone for steelies shod in medium or hard tires.

And besides, why would the Dalluhans need such a fast car as mine for use by the main police force when they already have more specialized methods of dealing with fast-moving suspects?

Budgets are what they are, I’m sure the Chief petitioned for more. As far at the wheels I’m telling you as a mechanic with fleet customers that cops hit curbs. Lots and lots of curbs, and dividers, and potholes and road debris. I can’t even begin to count the shocks, strut towers, links (toe, sway, etc) that we change every year. We have one cruiser that is on its fifth engine mount in two years. As for the tires, the same dept. runs Firestone Firehawks. Hence steelies with med. compound seems to be the preferred.

As for the “specialized methods” is suspect the dept. has a rotor wing based on the statement “…a country that (being rich in oil), has quickly become a place of immense growth and wealth.” You still need a quick interceptor for high end sports cars. That’s why I reused a chassis setup from some GT racing builds.

Point aside every host is different, and I am trying to build an American cruiser for sale in the UAE. I’m not sure what your design base is (BMW?), but selling internationally is notoriously difficult. Not to mention the Dalluhans are spoiled for choice with 45 options.

Just my $0.02
Cheers

6 Likes

Yeah I went with preferring more tough builds with with the judging. Wanted to cut a good 35 off from 45 and there was a fair amount of cars that were almost on par with some finalists so I had to nitpick an issue to bin.

Anyways today ended up having more things going on IRL than expected, so parts 2 and 3 will most likely go up tomorrow rather than today. Then again part 1 came out earlier than expected lol

2 Likes

Out of curiousity, if it wasn’t for the crappy styling, would I have made the cut, or was the fuel economy going to sink the aero anyway?

Fuel economy would have played a factor there as much heavier and more powerful cars got better economy, mechanically the rest was not too bad.

So does that mean my car was a contender, but was binned for being too boring? Was the style too bland, or was it mechanically dull? I’m kinda proud of the chassis, but I know my vehicle styling leaves something to be desired.

Interesting. I’ve just read the reviews properly, and the animosity and character dynamics building up between Mr. Bigshot Cop and Mr. Wait Prudent Budget is absolutely delightful :smile: Can’t wait to see how mine’s gonna do!

4 Likes

If I remember right you were one of those I had to be nitpicky about, styling would be the primary reason you lost out.

1 Like

Judging Round ⅔

With the four gentlemen back from their break, the reviews were once again underway.

Helios Mantheim @Traviq_125

“Okay, back to it. Helios Mantheim, coming in at $19184. Low maintenance costs as well, projected at 628.” Naaji started off.

“I’ll tell you,” Kader took a bite off a donut and pointed at the picture with the now crescent shaped snack. “Fruinia would like that.”

“Good fuel economy in compact car. Manual. Yes, they would like.” Saab agreed. “Me, only okay. Don’t like wheels.”

“That’s too bad. Don’t think the hatch is for us Naaji, let us move on.” Kader put the Helios’ file into the bin.

Hiway GTS Cruzer @Jaimz

“Hiway GTS Cruzer, 17794. Cheaper overall, quite a bit more on the maintenance costs, about 250 over the Helios.” Naaji moved the next proposal.

“This one looks promising, muscular sedan.” Kader commented.

“Mechanical look good, simple to fix. Also performance good.” Saab added.

“Hmm… but wait, something is off on this.” Bousaid started, looking closely at the document. “While we would be able get a test unit, they won’t be able to complete a full order until later in 2011.”

“Sounds inconvenient, and we got proposals that can do it on our time. Plus we do have almost 30 more proposals…” Kader but the Hiway’s file into the bin.

(Over on production units, sorry!)

DMV Bullet Unmarked @SkylineFTW97

“This one is the DMV Bullet Unmarked. 19352, maintanence at 902.” Naaji switched over the the next proposal.

“Bullet, I like that name.” Kader commented.

“Of course you would.” Naaji muttered.

“Yes, of course I would.”

“Too much aluminium, dual clutch, this try to be sport wagon not cop wagon.” Saab pointed out.

“A wagon would be a good choice, but perhaps not this one.” Bousaid said.

“So no Bullets for us then.” Kader put DMV’s file into the quickly growing bin. “Next.”

AAA Spectre 48 (Police spec) @Machalel

“Maybe this wagon suits you gentlemen better, AAA Spectre 48. 19428.” Naaji pulled up the next proposal.

“Looks more cop wagon to me. What are your thoughts?” Kader looked to Saab.

“Body and chassis good. Suspension good. Performance… decent.” Saab read out. “Wheels bad.”

“Don’t like this one then?”

“No.”

“How many times are you going to end proposals because of wheels?” Naaji asked.

“We have many, can review again if not enough.” Saab shrugged. “Some get all right, some don’t, we can just go with best.”

“I’ll keep that for consideration, but for now, its a no.” Kader put AAA’s file in the bin.

Wallys Commando Interceptor @VMO

“This one is from Australia, Wallys Commando Interceptor. Pricier one at 22706…” Naaji looked disinterested already.

“I think it looks good.” Kader noted Naaji’s disinterested look.

“Built strong and simple. Body on frame, like old car, also good performance.” Saab stated.

“Even if its more expensive, seems like a good evolution to use.” Bousaid added.

“Three on one Naaji, this one’s approved.” Kader put Wallys’ file on the small approved pile.

“This is why you requested only one of my office to join, isn’t it?” Naaji sighed.

“All you know is the money, we already have the funding you’re just here to sign it off Mr. Naaji.” Kader stated.

Naaji sighed harder, then moved onto the next.

Mitsushita Karna V6 HD @conan

“Mitsushita Karna V6 HD, at 18829. 200 higher maintanence cost than the Wallys you just approved, at 1011. Going to approve this just to spite me Kader?” Naaji shot back at Kader.

“I’m not a petty man, Naaji. I’ll approve what I like not what you dislike. It looks decent still, a bit pedestrian maybe, but I suppose it is a modern Japanese sedan.” Kader replied.

“You say modern.” Saab started. “Four speed automatic?”

“Hmm… Guess just new design.” Kader put the Mitsushita’s file in the bin.

Ersatz Queue 5 GT (Police Vers) @ElMenduko

“Here’s the Ersatz Queue 5, 20263. Lower maintenance than the last at 936.” Naaji read out.

“It has a good tough look to it, seems very capable.” Kader admired.

“It would be best offroader so far.” Saab started. “Got nice interior as well, not bad performance.”

“Most of our choices so far have been about road going, having something with good offroad capability may be decent to add to our fleet.” Bousaid commented. “That and this doesn’t break bank with the nicer interior either.”

“Ah, something nice that might be okay with Mr. Naaji. Is today his birthday?” Kader asked, as he put the Ersatz file on the approved pile.

“No it is not.” Naaji answered.

Albatross PPV @ZSCHMEEZ

“Anyways, we have the Albatross PPV. Very American, also rather cheap at 15893.” Naaji moved onto the next proposal.

“That does look like what I think of their police cruisers.” Kader commented. “They just improved on it, is what this is.”

“Sturdy construction, good performance and economy. Nothing easy break.” Saab stated.

“If the Ersatz and Wallys was our more fancy picks, this one would be a reliable one. Surprising how much cargo space it has as well.” Bousaid added.

“You know how they like it big over there.” Kader laughed, putting the Albatross in the growing approved pile. He also noticed Naaji seemed more contented. “Look, even Mr Naaji is looking better, perhaps he likes their vehicles.”

“No, I am as you said just here to sign off your approvals, shall we move on?” Naaji asked.

“Mr. Naaji, I am the one who asks ‘shall we move on?’. I do not appreciate theft, that is a crime.”

Naaji did not know how to respond, so he moved on.

Pegasus Nova L300 @Ryan93

“Moving on, we have this… Truck. Pegasus Nova L300, 20215. Certainly more expensive, maintenance over 1000 as well.” Naaji read off the pricing.

“I would like us a truck fleet, this one looks decent enough.” Kader nodded.

Saab shook his head. “No, no, outside look decent, not as much. First, alloy, second, sequential for truck? Normal manual would be better.”

“Shame, I’d still would like truck. Perhaps there would be another?” Kader put the Pegasus’ file into the bin. Also spoiler alert, this was the only truck.

Schwarzburg Interceptor Turbo @Rudzis

“Here’s a pricier German, coming at 21489. Sss Warzburg Interceptor Turbo.” Naaji introduced, not knowing how to pronouce the German name.

“Looks like decent enough performance sedan to me.” Kader remarked.

“Performance good, not Honghu fast still. But turbo has big lag, power cuts off too.” Saab stated.

“Lag won’t do for a cruiser, won’t want to step on it and have nothing while entering a chase from patrol.” Bousaid added.

“That won’t do for us.” Kader put the Schwarzburg’s file in the bin.

F5 PPV-1 @F12OM

“Another PPV, this one from F5. 19962, but has a very low maintanence cost of under 500.” Naaji looked amazed at how cheap this one was to maintain.

“Looks very simple, probably why.” Kader stated.

“There reason for cheap, because is cheap. 4 speed auto, engine also not very good, power cuts off.” Saab listed off the issues.

“Again, we don’t need go with something subpar. Plus we already have a budget option to satisfy Mr. Naaji in the FangWeng, don’t need another.” Kader said, stacking the F5’s file on the bin. “Let us move on.”

Avata Chaser 4.0 343 Utility @CC9020

“And here’s another expensive one, Avata Chaser, 21667. Maintenance over double the F5’s at over 1000.” Naaji moved onto the next proposal.

“Its a good looking car, let us see if its worth.” Kader looked over to Saab.

“If you want Fuel Economy, it is worth. If you want police car, another DCT maintenance nightmare.” Saab stated.

“Honestly the 5.9L/100KM would offset its maintenance costs, but dual clutch for patrols is still not ideal.” Bousaid added.

“Right then, not worth it.” Kader stacked the Avata’s file on the bin.

BT Motors Panthera Police @EddyBT

“BT Motors Panthera Wagon, at 17687. About average on maintenance costs.” Naaji flipped to the next proposal.

“This one looks promising, perhaps this is our wagon of choice?” Kader asked.

“From what I see, its very similar in specs to the Spectre 48 from earlier. Only, with steel wheels.” Bousaid said, looking at Saab.

“It also can carry self on self.” Saab stated.

“What… does that mean?” Kader was intrigued.

“Tow capacity, it tow good. Internet they show it carry another one no problem.”

“Show me that later, I’ll approve it for now.” Kader put the BT Motors file on the approved pile.

LSV Trinity Enforcer II @LS-Vehicles

“Carrying on, more wagon, LSV Trinity. Similar price to the Panthera, 17383, a bit more on maintenance however.” Naaji started.

“That is one good looking wagon, nice livery on their promo as well.” Kader commented.

“It look good but might try too much to be future car. 8 speed auto, do not know how it will do. Also alloy no good.” Saab shook his head.

“I suppose you don’t want to risk it?” Bousaid asked.

“No.”

“Right, to the bin.” Kader stacked LSV’s file on the bin.

Mondo EB10 Enforcer @Ezdmn

“And… your favorite, another SUV. Mondo EB10, $18228.” Naaji moved to the next entry.

“That front, its like a building.” Kader didn’t know what to make of the front.

“It very close to Honghu speed, 5.2 0-100 kph.” Saab noted.

“A very fast building then. What else does it have?”

“Better options than the Honghu in my opinion.” Bousaid started. “Manual 6 speed and a manual locking diff. It is slightly more expensive but we should add this if we have the Honghu in.”

“Certainly.” Kader placed the Mondo’s file onto the approved pile. “I’m personally feeling for another smoke break, care to join gentlemen?”

“Agreed.”

“I don’t smoke.” Naaji spoke up.

“Shut up Naaji, don’t take a break then.”

9 Likes

I think mine is next… not very confident about how it will fare

They took a manual for a police cruiser? What?

Reliability and better fuel consumption (if it’s a torque converter one), I think