CSR 97 - NOYFB.
Your Brand’s Car Dealership, Las Vegas, Nevada
“Hi there! How can I direct you this morning?” The receptionist chirped cheerily as the fit, middle-aged man approached the front desk.
“I would like to speak to your sales manager, please.” The man said.
“Do you have an appointment?” The receptionist asked as she picked up the phone.
The man paused for a moment; “Err, did I need one? I can come back another time if that’s a problem…”
The receptionist held her finger up as she waited for an answer on the other end of the phone. “Oh hi Nathan, it’s Cassie at the front desk. Are you busy right now? I have a gentleman who would like to see you…Oh, OK, I will send him right back then, thanks!” The receptionist hung the phone up and smiled. “Nathan can see you right away; he’s in the last glass office on the left!”
The man smiled. “Thank you very much.”
Nathan stood up as the man entered his office, extending his hand; “Hi I’m Nathan, welcome! And you are?”
“I’m Mike, pleased to meet you!” The man said as firmly shook Nathan’s hand.
“Please, sit down,” Nathan said as he motioned for the chair in front of his desk. “What can we do for you today, Mike?”
“Well, I’m just evaluating my options right now…see, I’m looking for a car with a fair bit of performance…” Mike said as he sat down.
“Oh, well, you’ve come to the right place then!” Nathan beamed. “We carry a wide range of high-performance cars here!”
“Well, I need a car that’s easy to drive, has excellent acceleration, can seat four adults comfortably and has a very high top speed.” Mike said.
“Oh…looking for a car you can take the family out on Saturday afternoon, then win a pink slip Saturday night, huh?” Nathan said with a wink.
“Not exactly,” Mike replied levelly. “It’s for my business.”
“Your business?” Nathan replied, raising an eyebrow, “like, what kind of a business?” he added.
“Let’s just say it’s for a high-performance application.”
“What, like one of those track driving experiences?” Nathan asked, his curiosity piqued.
“Yeah, something like that…” Mike said offhandedly. “I also need twelve of of them.”
“Twelve?” Nathan leaned back, somewhat taken aback by Mike’s request, giving his head a bit of a shake.
“Twelve. And I can’t break the bank on them either…I’m on a pretty serious budget.” Mike replied.
Nathan took a deep breath and sighed; “Very well, we will see what we can do here. Anything else you need from these cars?”
“As a matter of fact,” Mike said, pulling out a handwritten list from his jacket pocket, “there is…”
- Trim and Engine Variant Year must be 2015 (Model and Engine Family year can be anything)
- Must seat four adults comfortably - 2+2 is NOT ACCEPTABLE - and must be a four- or five-door body style
- Must run on regular unleaded fuel only, 91 RON
- Maximum loudness of 35, must have catalytic converters
*Minimum 55 Safety
- Automatic or Advanced Automatic transmission ONLY
- ESC is mandatory
- Semi-slick tires are PROHIBITED, while sports compound tires will be allowed, but penalised in judging.
- Maximum Engine ET of 150
- Maximum Chassis ET of 140
There are also two special performance restrictions for this challenge:
- Entrants must have an achievable top speed of at least 300 kilometres per hour, and
- All entrants must be able to achieve a final trap speed of at least 200 kilometres per hour at a place that just isn’t that important, really. (Link goes to a custom track; extract this file to My Games\Automation\Tracks; if you don’t have this folder, create a folder called “Tracks” in My Games\Automation and extract it to that)
An advertisement should be posted as usual; any mods on the Workshop are permitted for this challenge.
- Driveability is critical in this application. The car will be spending most of its life accelerating up to very high speed and down again, by drivers who run the range of talent that you’d expect in the general population.
- Design is important…you’ll see why later.
- Service costs, Fuel Economy and Reliability will be very important in this challenge. This car has a very important job to do, and it can’t afford to be breaking down, chewing through tires or needing constant refueling.
- While there is no budget requirement, this is a fleet buy, so the cheaper you car is, the better.
- Comfort is important, as the driver(s) of this car will be in it sometimes for a few hours at a time.
- Weight is a consideration as well…you’ll see why later.
- Cars that exceed the 200 km/h trap speed at The Unimportant Place REVISED will be given bonus points in the judging matrix.
Submission Guidelines and Deadline
As always, the same naming system applies!
Car and engine model name: CSR 97 - “username”
Car trim: Brand, model and variant of car
Engine trim: Engine model/variant
The rules are open for suggestion and changes until Friday, April 5th at Midnight GMT, at which point the submission window will open. The deadline for submissions will be Midnight GMT on Sunday, April 14th!
Please note that there is NO WINDOW for resubmission; if you submit your car and it does not comply with the rules, you’re out of luck, sorry.