CSR116 - Big Attitude, Small Appetite

We have this weird problem in America where a modern mentality of “if it’s big its safe” and/or the boomer mentality of “whoever has the biggest toys wins” combined with an EPA policy of basing fuel economy requirements on vehicle footprint (ie bigger vehicles can have higher emissions) has made the F150 Americas favorite sedan.

I realize it isn’t my concern what other people choose to drive, but I am a very practical person, so for every incompetent texting addict I see lumbering down the road in 3 tons of poorly guided metal I get a little judgmental. On the one hand, it’s your choice, on the other hand the damn things are filled with cameras and radar for “driver awareness” or some similar BS. If you can’t see out of it, don’t drive it. I had a customer the other day (I work at a dealership) who had a software update to mirror camera. The system handles the automatic brakes, and “lane assist” features. The issue was over sensitivity (the car could panic stop for no real reason) and the new calibration reduced sensitivity. Problem is the roads here are not in good shape (faded lines, etc), so the steering assist became less intrusive. Guy threw a temper tantrum because he was suddenly responsible for keeping his vehicle in the lane on his own.

Without getting too far down this, I support some (steep) taxes I have no solution for enforcing.
Empty seat tax, you pay extra for buying more car than you need.
Issue 1, what happens when a single person buys an (actual) sedan?
Issue 2, now the Suburban comes in the “cargo” edition. Still 24’ long, just has 2 seats.

Excess capacity tax, you need a use waiver/high tax for anything payload over 1/2 ton.
Issue 1, now pickups come in a town edition with super light springs.
Issue 2, what about the travel trailer owner who doesn’t want to own multiple cars?
Issue 3, what constitutes use?

Drivers license black list.
I don’t even know where to start this one.

Hold the driver accountable.
Texting and driving is legal, however your insurance can deny your claim is you are found (in court) to be distracted at the time of the crash. You bear 100% liability.
Issue 1, have you seen the US court system?

4 Likes

While I agree with you, this goes off-topic, maybe let’s make a thread there?

11 Likes

$37 in tag fee’s? (cries in Commiefornia)

Tag fees this year are $87.

I see this as discussing this CSR. I want to know why the government is successively taxing the more expensive cars in the tree if it was only about emissions and “too many cars”. Is that turing this country into more of a class structure by the car you can afford to drive? These are just fun questions. Governments make poor decisions all of the time, could this be a mistake? Would you rather have your country full of the cheapest models, or simply the cars that are the most efficient? When I was stationed in Iceland, my friend used to drive us around in his BMW516, which was kind of crazy considering my parents owned a BMW533. Even though our family sedan was the most efficient car we ever owned, the USA paid about 1/5 the amount for fuel value compared to Iceland. So having double the horsepower was a US trait, because BMW was known as a European sport brand, and having a thrifty but doggish car would ruin their reputation and brand image. On the other hand, we would ride around in my Trans Am because I could fuel the 5L on base at US prices. I remember one time on a road trip, remotely fueling for a full tank was the equivalent of 100 US dollars when on base it cost $15.

4 Likes

2020 Tristella Corvus

Don't load 8 cars in Automation and have photoshop open at the same time

41 Likes

Crevan Ventessa SL

More pics

28 Likes

2020 Xerma Jacinth

by BF9 Design

19 Likes

Any fuel available under 98 RON in Sana Marzio? (asking cause I just noticed that with only Fruinia and Hetvesia selected it shows 70.1% fuel availability for 98 RON while 95 is at 100% availability)

I’m going to hazard a guess and say that since the rules say 98RON that for argument’s sake the answer is no, becayse Chips is literally not going to care if a car uses less than 98RON.

2020 GEC GS2 2.0

970kg, 370bhp, 0-60 in 3.5 secs.

5 Likes

The Spander SP 2020

More pictures

28 Likes

2020 SSX SC200TT
one of the best daily driver super car with good fuel economy, perfect for sunday track day, daily driving or just collecting, and cheap price at around $58,000 MSRP its a bargain

weight : 1130.6 kg
length : 3.51 m
width : 1.48 m
wheelbase : 2.22 m
handling : 1.22G (200m cornering radius), 1.21G (20m cornering radius)
tyres : sport radial compound
fuel economy : 7,4 L/100km
price + tax : $ 95,993.27
road tax : $ 4,832.83
0-100 km/h : 3.8 seconds
80-120 km/h : 2.31 seconds

my first time going at CSR, please kindly comment, and point any mistakes i did, thank you

15 Likes

In late 2019, a mysterious supercar sporting the Kimura badge began to appear on the streets of Sana Marzio. Although the company confirmed that the vehicle is indeed theirs, no further information was disclosed. It was soon revealed that the car acted as a PR stunt under its testing to build excitement for the enigmatic vehicle.

Pre-production examples of the vehicle supposedly pack an extremely exotic engine design. These were to be sold to highly distinguished customers before the production car was revealed in 2020.

35 Likes

2020 Stella Kainen 6S

Design by On3Cherryshake, engineering by @ElMenduko.

Shown above in Lava Red Metalflake.

Stella AG started out as a well cultivated brand, and with times changing, they gave their all towards a modern, lightweight, fuel efficient supercar. Using a turbocharged 2.1L I6 — sourced from Boulanger — mounted longitudinally to a 7-speed DCT, it can achieve 6.2L/100km while pumping out an impressive 450 HP amd 405 Nm of torque.

Under the skin, it features an advanced, active pushrod suspension in all four corners, and active aerodynamics. Inside, you’re treated to all of the features you expect in the top luxury cars, such as an advanced luxury HUD, paired to a gesture and voice controlled top of the line infotainment system.

A soulful car that can hit 100km/h in 3 seconds flat, top out at 300 km/h, and make you feel this good has never been so efficient.

More photographs

36 Likes

You aren’t doing bad, but posting full stats is tipping your hand. Some basic bragging numbers (like the 0-60 times) without context are fun, but posting full stat scores gives people a chance to edge you out.

Aside from that, welcome to CSR, and good luck.

4 Likes

okay, thanks for the tip

sorry for the rude-ish thanks, its quite hard to type while driving (not completely legal as well even with mirror link), but one again @mcp928 thank you very much for the tip, gonna try better next time :smile:

I wasn’t offended by the phrasing. Please don’t text and drive (see post 56).

3 Likes

FullSport motors is proud to present our third model track car. New for 2020 is the Ultra-lite Road Sport. Forged from all carbon fiber, and featuring a monolithic construction, the Road Sport marks a new generation of super car. Bred from the track, the Road Sport is the first FSM vehicle to offer a production model in addition to the DIY kits made famous by the FS14 and Type II. In addition the production variants are available pre-fitted for road use (all kits may be tagged as “assembled vehicles” per your local laws). The productions models are available with a street tuned version of the PMC Performance X-21 Sports Car Racing engine. The turbo 2.1L makes a exhilarating 336BHP and propels the Road Sport to a top speed of over 180 MPH. More engine options to be added. As always the kits can be fitted with the power train of your choice.

4 Likes