CSR126 - Pointless Filler and a Boring, Unimaginative Setting

I’ll take that… probably the best I’ve ever done in a CSR :joy:

4 Likes

Well, f**k. Let me get back to my classics them.

3 Likes

A long time ago in a forum far, far, away…

Peace has fallen over the forum posting known as CSR…where the combatants are unsure as what is happening and whether they’ll progress through to the final stages…

5 Likes

While this has taken longer than most CSRs so far, there’s two things.

1. It’s still shorter than CSR 123 was from “beginning” to end.

2. His personal life still exists, and I do know that Corsica is trying. I would expect at least the next part to drop soon.

No worries, our patience will be rewarded soon.

5 Likes

what’s that? some kind of dlc?

6 Likes

Back in his designers chair, Nik once again pulled the magazine up to his nose and started going through the magazine. As they’d plan to already start with test driving the day after, he decided to shift through the final batch with as little mercy as possible.

Nik: "13 left, quite like our first concert in that small pub."

@vero94773 - Astrale Dominus

“From the outside, Astrale Dominus is an interesting looking thing with aerodynamically hidden rear wheels and rear sliding doors. Overall however, the styling is round and comes off as futuristic, too futuristic to be exact… In the middle of the well-furnished interior sits a cassette player straight out of the clearance bin at Walmart. This cheap entertainment system really brings the interior side down and makes us question the $31,500+ pricetag more…”

@thecarlover - RCM Atlantic Mosport

“The RCM Atlantic, especially in Mosport spec, is like Samantha Fox and Phoebe Cates sharing a hot tub while furnishing each other with caviar - sex(ist)… Even with its sporty exterior, the Atlantic takes no shame in its roots as your average family wagon and that’s a good thing as underneath the speedy-stuff lies a practical, good to drive and comfortable family hauler…”

@66mazda - Kaizen SCE19

“The Kaizen SCE19! While it may sound like a vacuum cleaner, it is indeed a compact wagon with sporting credentials. It looks good, it drives good, it’s fast and sitting inside is a very nice affair. Is it worth being over $10,000+ more expensive than the RCM? Nah, not really”

@george_m997 - GMD Aleza GT

“Like the RCM, the GMD Aleza GT is also a quick and practical wagon. Unlike the RCM, GMD has gone full-out with this one… Particular color choices, like the white hood and red brake calipers give it a sporting edge not seen on any other car here, the same goes for the performance tires and the covered up underside. Unfortunately, it also has an exhaust the size of a garbage can and that’s reflected in the amount of noise it puts out… While the suspension is tuned for performance driving, it’s still fairly good in normal driving…”

Nik: "So the Astrale looks to be… odd-looking and a bit overpriced, while the Kaizen is just overpriced. Those seem to be easy go’s, same goes for the GMD: they’ve just sacrificed too much compared to what we’re looking for, what a shame. The RCM looks nice."

The RCM Atlantic Mosport is longlisted for the finals.

‎‎

@unbid - Carson Centauri

“THIS is the Carson Centauri. Looks odd in a good way, is surprisingly cheap coming in at just under $21,000 and has lots of space! After those positive sides, it’s a shame to find out about the poor fuel economy of just 15MPG average, the all-round Double Wishbone suspension setup that isn’t put to much useful use and the rear brakes, which are bigger than the ones at the front. It is most definitely not a bad car, it’s just poorly optimized in some places. Perhaps like this challenge.”

@Executive - Hakaru Presage

“Hakaru’s Presage is definitely an attractive car, if a little derivative… The driving experience is fun and the steering is responsive, coming off as among the best in its class… You thought it was just going to be positive stuff though? Ahahhaha no. Ventilated brakes are supplied at both the front and rear and that shows with our brake testing, which showed close to no brake fade during many tests. Why go through the trouble to supply this 14 second 0-100kmh economy car with these kinds of advanced brakes? Maybe for the buyer who is impressed by brake discs, who knows… While the body may provide good structural integrity during a crash, the safety equipment featured on this model may not…”

@z2bbgr - Mostima 2400 GL-ES

“The 2400 GL-ES, presumably from Mostima, looks good at first sight but gets stranger the longer you look at it. Mainly, the problem comes down to wack proportions with its massive and wide boot handle, teeny door handles and an odd vent included behind the rear doors… The RPM limiter is right at the redline, not ideal to be frank… Otherwise, it’s a standard affair very similar to other cars of its size. Notice I said size and not price, as the 2400 comes off as a lot more expensive than its key rivals costing around $29,000…”

@vouge - Forea Colza

“Damn, couldn’t even finish a car before it got in your way :flushed:… Forea’s Colza is indeed a very sensible wagon… Particular standout spots are the excellent fuel economy, comfortable ride quality, low price and nippy engine. I mean it’s a good car, not much else to say.”

Nik: "text"

The Forea Colza is longlisted for the finals.

@patridam - Silverhare Conestoga

“A fine example of a true Amurican family cruiser, the Silverhare Conestoga has personally shot over 15 communists in its lifetime… As patriotic as screaming out the lyrics to Born In the USA on July 4th and about as comfortable too, with the suspension being surprisingly stiff… Braking is an oddity with the rear brakes being larger than the front ones and the vehicle taking around 60m to fully stop, very much a poor result once compared to the 40-45m distances from equivalent rivals…”

@RandomKeeper - Taura Malte

“Starting with the Taura Malte, the design has to be immediately discussed. While necessarily not a bad thing, the general look is derpy, mostly thanks to its lights being squished into the middle, both front and rear… This might also be the first time we’ve seen inset side bumper trimmings, completely defeating their purpose. At least looking at them is a good laugh… Comfort isn’t a strong suit of this car, with the suspension very much feeling uncomfortable and stiff… It also runs on certified Russian-grade 86RON, possibly a fault of mixing up measurements?”

@conan - MAG 215iSW

“Look at that! No really look at it, the MAG 215iSW is a looker and it’s finished in brown!! I wonder if brown wagons will ever be appreciated as much as they should be… It’s also rear-wheel drive, so that’s cool… The large body, being in similar dimensions as the Silverhare, offers plenty of space for both the passengers and luggage…”

Nik: "Oh neat, an easy one at last."

The MAG 215iSW is longlisted for the finals.

@mat1476 & @mcp928 - PMC Fossa

“The PMC Fossa is good. Alright. Unlike the Armor, there’s no manually lockable diff and no fulltime 4x4 system, instead going with simpler all-wheel drive… At just over $28,000, the price comes off as a little steep taking the equipment you receive into consideration… Driving is a relaxing affair with good and responsive control… Fuel economy? Let’s not dive deep into that…”

@GassTiresandOil - Armor Everest

“The first of our two offroad-wagons is the Armor Everest, definitely more of an actual offroader than the Fossa with its 4x4 drivetrain, manually lockable differential and a full skidtray underneath… 70s touches litter the car, especially with the square and chrome-filled design, pushrod-powered V6 engine and safety equipment that fits into yester-year…”

Nik: "Huh, so both are pretty good but have their share of problems? Huh. Well looking at the Armor it appears to be a little ancient which wouldn’t be a good look for this former drummer in a band that once existed, if I may say so. As for the PMC, it looks like absolute sex and I’d love to consider it, if it didn’t cost more than a Rebel A150 Atlantic that also features a nicer interior. What a shame."

Neither car is longlisted for the finals.

Nik: "Whew, and that’s the whole lot, innit?"

Taking time to catch his breath, Nik proceeds to compile every car he circled in the magazine onto a piece of paper, with each dealers contact info listed. A quick stretch and a drink later, he takes the list to Eric for final approval.

AND THE FINALISTS A-

Eric: "Wait wait, hang on just a moment! That’s 13 cars you’ve got lined up here, you sure we have the time to drive them all? Actually let me rephrase that. That’s 13 everyday family cars you’ve got lined up here, you sure we have the mental capacity to be able to be bothered to try them all?

Nik: "Whew, that was really stretching the limits of an English-language sentence. But you raise a good point, should we go ahead and trim this a bit?"

Eric: "Nah I like your forest. You should cut down on the amount of cars though, otherwise we’re gonna be in the ground by the time we’ve finished trying them all!

FOR NOW, THE FINALISTS ARE

@On3CherryShake
@Tzuyu_main
@MrChips
@BigBoiShibe
@Ryan93 & @ACoolCrab
@NormanVauxhall
@Stryder237
@yangx2
@Repti
@donutsnail
@conan
@thecarlover
@vouge

Good luck to everyone, see you all in the finals! Lord forgive me for what I’m about to do.

23 Likes

hahaha, why the heck the hood is white, it should be the same colour as the body though, i must got something mixed out when exporting, and the car is based on the Sierra Cosworth with more power to try to compensate for the slushbox auto ruining the accel, so yep no wonder it didn’t win, congrats to who is going to the final y’all and goodluck

1 Like

You still did better than me, I was in the only “nobody won” round. Maybe I should pick someone other than American Motors to style the engineering after…? I am curious based on the review if a locker would have improved the scoring of the town and country rambler motif though?

1 Like

Lol I was in that round too, and I too based my car on a more capable version of an Eagle wagon. I guess the customer REALLY isn’t interested in buying an AMC.

3 Likes

I’m sorry that it’s gonna come to this but

I’m gonna have to call this CSR off.

You know that DLC called “real life”, right? Well it sucks more than I suck di-
I’m sorry to everyone who submitted and having to wait a months worth just for it to end like this, you’ve got my clearance to spit on my grave. I doubt anyone’s willing to take the duty of finishing the writeups to themselves, so here are the final rankings

1st Place - @Tzuyu_main

2nd Place - @thecarlover
3rd Place - @Ryan93 & @ACoolCrab
4th Place - @NormanVauxhall
5th Place - @On3CherryShake
6th Place - @BigBoiShibe
7th Place - @Stryder237
8th Place - @vouge
9th Place - @Repti
10th Place - @MrChips
11th Place - @conan
12th Place - @yangx2
13th Place - @donutsnail

Also, if anyone’s interested, the pretty barebones spreadsheet for the round.

Sorry to anyone I disappointed and good luck to the host of 127! Cheers for now.

26 Likes

Don’t worry and thank you for your time.

7 Likes

TBH, you did a fantastic job this far and I don’t want to blame you for life coming in the way. Better doing an abrupt and quick finishing than to never finish.

8 Likes

I agree. Posting final rankings still counts as finishing! Congrats to @Tzuyu_main as well!

7 Likes

Given it’s my first CSR, placing 7th is more than I hoped for, especially when I beat out more established creators who’ve impressed me before.

This round was excellently done, so I don’t mind the ending. Real life trumps anything here.

5 Likes

While I have to admit that I am somewhat frustrated, as it is still ultimately an agreement, I do very much understand (to an extent) what you are going through. Ultimately, I have no “bad feeling” towards you, and regardless this was still an excellent, well written CSR. Thank you very much for being honorable and transparent, and making the best out of a bad (and out of your control) situation.
Also theoretically posting the rankings would count as finishing, so you still did nothing wrong really, epecially given your circumstances.
Wait did Delta just won his first CSR?
Excellent, well deserved for such an underrated engineer.
ps part of the fun is the lore lol

5 Likes

Massive thanks to Corsica for creating and hosting a great challenge; it’s unfortunate but understandable that things had to end this way but hey, we got the results. And thanks to everyone else for making this a truly competitive round of CSR.

I’m absolutely delighted to have my first CSR win (especially after being in finalists for a lot of rounds), but I’ll be passing on hosting duties to @thecarlover.

CSR_126_-tzuyu_main-_Seikatsu_GrandMaster_3_0_Exceed.car (173.8 KB)

8 Likes

It’s a pity this round didn’t end the way it should, but at least it produced a worthy winner - and the right one to boot.

5 Likes

Pointing out the obvious as per usual, restating what everyone already knows as perusual… but throwing such dense shade as that? Wow, ABG.

As for the actual round,

very well done so far and pleasant to look at and read. No worries that it wasn’t finished, at the very least the winners and spreadsheet was announced so I’m not upset. Thanks Corsica for the time and the effort, and Congratulations to everyone :))

10 Likes

Thanks @CorsicaUnknown for your time, even if you didn’t quite get everything out.

I’ve got a couple ideas for a new round so give me roughly 24 hours to put something together.

11 Likes

Here’s the thread for the new round:

4 Likes