2077, somewhere outside Night City.
X is a Nomad without a clan, having exiled themselves long ago since they just don’t quite fit in with other people. Once a scavenger within a large family, they now roams the highways as an ‘independent contractor’ in search of riches in derelict buildings and cities left behind since collapse of the Old USA.
After several years (and even more repairs) as a trusty mate, X’s modified Thorton pickup truck is just about giving up the ghost. Having barely outmaneuvered a group Raffen Shiv bandits after the front differential grenaded itself, X figures it’s time to get something new before the issues completely overwhelm their repair skills. This means selling some ware and making a rare trip into Night City to visit a used car lot or two with a chip full of Euro-Dollars.
X has a few ideas for their next vehicle. Of course it has to look stylish. They can’t show up to any Nomad camp or covert corpo deal in the desert in some rag-tag shitbox. Considering the long rural travels, X will need something running on good ol’ CH000H2 fuel. Rugged, offroad capable, and dependable are a given, but so is some modicum of performance to keep some distance from any Raffen Shiv. The old Thorton pickup was not the most agile vehicle but it made up for it in working as a battering ram to clear through anything smaller and faster that got too close. The main advantage of it was the huge amounts of cargo space it offered, even if that meant using up more time and fuel during a scavenging run. The other possibility is to go with something smaller and faster that might need to make more trips for some jobs but will save time and fuel along the way. After these main considerations, X wants something comfortable as it will not only be used for long drives but also as an impromptu camper when travelling into areas that might need a quick exit at a moment’s notice.
All in all, X is looking for a used offroad-oriented vehicle of 2060 to 2070 model year, and it has to be something that can be used for scavenging runs, as well as something they can sleep in on the go (either reclining the front seat onto the back row or sleeping across a single bench seat). Full on overlanding vehicles aren’t important, X will modify stock rides for their uses. As long as it has power sent to all four wheels, enough interior and cargo space, and some modicum of ruggedness then it can be transformed into the ideal scavenging vehicle.
- Ratio of cargo volume to fuel economy and acceleration/top speed
- Environmental resistance
- 2020 model/trim, family/variant
- Max engine and trim ET of 145
- Maximum E$45,000
- No convertibles or open cab designs
- No race parts
- CH000H2 fuel (Premium 95 RON) with catalytic converter and muffler(s)
- Must be AWD or 4x4 with minimum 25 offroad score
- Minimum 500kg load capacity
- Minimum 500L cargo volume
- Two rows of seats or a single row of three seats allowed for wide bodies (up to your discretion what is wide enough for three abreast seating)
- Stock cars with factory/dealer accessories at most, X will do the additional offroad modifications themselves (no already modified rally raid or Nomad cars, these are unmolested factory-original AWD and 4x4 models they’re shopping for)
- As usual, realism, in what you’d expect to be realistic for the setting (memes will be binned)
- Usual CSR naming scheme, CSR127 - [username] for model and family
- Some sort of ad/screenshot required with the name, price, year (between 2060 and 2070), and a photo
- Most importantly, make it look like it belongs in the world of Cyberpunk 2077
Submissions open at 20:00 EDT on Saturday October 10th
The round closes at 20:00 EDT on Sunday October 18th
Now enjoy building and let me know if there’s any issues or clarification needed in the rules. Here’s some music for the ride.