CSR83 - One night in Bangkok [ENTRY IS OVER: Final Results has been published!]

Stripes?! I’ll take ten!

2 Likes

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! :stuck_out_tongue:

Not entirely uncommon for small-ish hatchbacks and coupes of the day to only have four seats. The Monza/Starfire/Skyhawk were like that. They just kinda gave up on sitting anyone over the driveshaft hump. Others put in that 5th seat, but really, that was for toddlers and people you hated. :wink:

That said, the Barricade is also a 4-seater.

4 Likes

1985 ZAF Mikro R/S Cabriolet

Fun From Bratislava To Bangkok!!!

10 Likes

Indeed, it is not uncommon in real-life markets. Heck two of my inspirations for the TRX, the Talbot Sunbeam Lotus and the Autobianchi A112 Abarth, were four-seaters. I meant moreso in the competition itself.
Although, after a closer look at the current list of entries, I realize it’s sort of tit-for-tat. There are the five-door hatches, yes, but there are also a few 3-doors like the Bramhall Viva.
However I do not know what its seat count is, the Osprey doesn’t have rear seats and and the Mikro is bound to be similar. So I may still be “that guy”…

also yes I did say tit-for-tat despite the fact Znopresk represents the 5-door side. I like having faint hopes, plz dont steal’em :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

@DriftinCovet1987 @NormanVauxhall @Jaimz @koolkei

Thanks so much for the tips!, They’ll be very useful for my next try.

Also, my car really didn’t cost over 67.000$, That was just an exaggeration just to give a little “boost” to my joke. If you me :wink:

3 Likes

Its sad that people have actually done that many times its not funny anymore :frowning:

Alright…here’s my entry.

4 Likes

Alright! Here it is! (Wow, that was hard as f*ck.)

1982 Illicit Nefek 1.8 Rallye

(Yes, it actually haves wipers! Yay! :stuck_out_tongue:)

Tell me what do you think!

12 Likes

I find it amazing how many people have had the exact same idea to put a bonnet on the hood, Knight Rider style.

Who imported a Cavalier to Thailand ?

2 Likes

i thought it was a bit weird why people were trying to style their hoods after the eclipse.

Bonnet bulges are a stylistic thing across lots of models from the 80s. Some were very pronounced, whilst others were much broader & intergrated much more smoothly into the bonnet shape. A perfect example would be my Bramhall; its got a bonnet bulge, but its very wide, long, and shallow.

2 Likes

Guess what. Some people actually had done exactly that.

Also various K-Cars (including a Plymouth Sundance).

1 Like

I actually had an offset scoop on my original design, but someone else submitted theirs that way before I finished mine… so I nuked it in favor of hood vents.

2 Likes

I think that’s a very solid design, clean, good proportions, except for the indicator on the side, seems too big for me. I’d drive it tho :smiley:

2 Likes

How are you guys keeping it within the budget lol. Even if I put a 800 cc engine, I can’t be on that budget, and putting all the quality to level -15 still doesn’t help either.

Make the car with all of the lowest value parts…then upgrade them slowly in order of importance…for example, you only need 30 safety.

Lower quality points can also increase the price of some parts!

The engine actually represents such a small portion of the budget

Now that’s maxing out the “meme o meter” harder than VTEC kicked in yo… lol

My car isn’t using any negative quality sliders anywhere, and I’ve got a DOHC I6 in there… so it’s not THAT difficult to make this budget work

6 Likes