Dalnit-Bralka Rally 1965 [FINAL RESULTS!]

this is definately the right competition for the wiseman 4x4! totally unsure on how to balance power/economy though.

1 Like

No need to say sorry! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m sorry, it’s just that when I feel sorry, I just…look, sorry about this whole ‘sorry’ nonensesnse…uh…I just kinda…Sorry can I start again? Really sorry, it’s just me, sorry…

I’ll stop now. :wink:

4 Likes

you’re not gonna stop saying sorry because you said sorry because you felt sorry and now you’re sorry again and want to sorry again and the ‘sorry’ cycle repeats itself won’t it?

hehehehehehehehehehe

Spotted the Canadian :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Kingdom of Romania, 1961 - a time of great economical growth after a more than 10 year struggle to recover from the disasters of the Second World War.

At the initiative of His Royal Highness King Mihai I, a true car passionate since early age, a new auto company is established, financed directly by the Royal House of Romania.

Technical headquarters and the factory are set in the historical city of Alba Iulia - the place where the unification of the three Romanian Provinces was signed on the 1st of December 1918.

The Company was named Apulum, the old Roman name of the city.

A team of the most gifted Romanian engineers - coming mainly from the Malaxa Auto Workshop and I.A.R - Romanian Aircraft Factory - was assembled with the task to develop a light and nimble sport coupe suited for the Romanian twisted mountain routes, like the Transfăgărășan.

The model, called Gerula after an ancient military Dacian leader, was developed in less than 3 years and by mid 1964 it was presented to the general public and production begun at Alba Iulia.

The car was power by a small 1900cc V6 mounted transversely and powering the front wheels.

When news of the Dalnit-Bralka Challenge started to emerge in the newspapers King Mihai saw a great opportunity to make his new brand known across the world, so he urged the engineers to prepare one of the cars as quickly as possible.

Trouble was, none of them had actual experience in high level racing design so the modification made were nothing more than what an amateur would do:

Back seats were removed, the ride height was raised so the car could tackle rough roads, additional engine protection was fitted. A new high flow exhaust system was fitted, mainly for reliability and robustness, but otherwise the engine remained stock.

The honor of driving the car was given to two Second World War Romanian fighter pilots and Aces of the sky: Captain Constantin “Bâzu” Cantacuzino and Captain Alexandru “Alecu” Șerbănescu. After the war they both had careers in aerobatic aviation, motorcycle and car racing and although they were by no standards young men anymore the choise was more than fitted.

Captain Constantin “Bâzu” Cantacuzino:

Captain Alexandru “Alecu” Șerbănescu:

The two man who served Romania so bravely during the war were determined to come back home with a honorable result.

9 Likes

Now that I posted my story I have to ask you something. The game acts a little weird. It calculates my top speed at 200 kph, but with a 216 gearing setting the car has to trouble in actually reaching the top speed of around 220 kph in the first 1/3 of the straight line at Nutsoring. It spends the remaining of the straight line bouncing off the rev limiter at a constant speed of ~220 kph. If I’m not mistaking this was a bug a long time ago and it had something to do with a wing, but with the wing removed it does exactly the same. If I further increase the theoretical gearbox top speed the game crashes.

Note: It is very likely that I will not get to compete in this even if I sort this out. I use open beta and my only hope was that since we are so close to a new major update maybe the open beta and the stable are actually identical build. That hope was largely shattered because today when I opened the game a small update was installed.

@RaduST maybe it’s just the track? like the first 1/3 is a slight incline? which not matter much on low and mid speed, but near the top end, even the slightest thing will hold the car back.

i went with an OP engine again… 180-ish hp from a v6. on which, i may or may not put complete disregard to fuel economy…i think it’s gonna bite me in the ass again. i didn’t do the math…

On Nutsoring, there is a steady 10% incline all the way from Wiesmann to Valkyrie, which should help your car reach its top speed more easily. Trebuchet is banked to further assist in this. (Valkyrie is banked outward, because it’s the Valkyrie.) Modern supercars will reasonably easily break the 400km/h limit on The Long Howl.

I can confirm that in the current stable build, the game will crash on Nutsoring if you set your maximum geared top speed too far beyond the engine power/areo limit the game tells you (which in your case seems to be the 200km/h you mention). This issue has been reported to the developers, but meanwhile can be addressed reasonably easily when designing the car, as you have discovered, by keeping your gearing closer to home.

I went and double checked with both cars I’ve made, and both seem to accelerate steadily through Trebuchet and the start of The Long Howl, though the rate of acceleration is much slower once they get above 200kmh or so. At the end of the day, they can only reach the speeds they do thanks to the incline. If your car completely stops accelerating for a while, I’m not sure what’s up. :frowning: Could be something to do with the beta.

@koolkei the Howler’s fuel consumption in g/kWh is (only just) in the four digits. I know I’m going to regret that. :slight_smile:

@phale…However much I’d love Justin Trudeau to be the leader of my country (seriously his political views are identical to mine and he’s seriously good looking), I am in fact from little ol’ England :smiley:

@RaduST Now THAT is some serious backstory!

1 Like

I’m aware of that… Just having some fun with the ‘Canadians say sorry’ stereotype :wink:

2 Likes

Me, on the other hand, is from Canada. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And what a stereotype it is…
Britain: Tea and a stiff upper lip.
America: FREEDOM
Canada: Oh terribly sorry I didn’t realise we were doing stereotypes sorry sorry sorry

No offence to you @Speedemon :wink:

2 Likes

The government-run Archanan company of H.A. began its rally heritage in 1965. This is the year the communist Archanan government decided to allow exports of some H.A. models to certain countries in order to bring in money for the government. The reasoning was that developing a rally model based on the popular 250 family car should bring some recognition and prestige to the company. Of course, the rally car was of a much better build quality than the one available for sale since 1960, with additional features and an entirely different engine that was engineered to be more than just cheap and easy to manufacture.

Here is the 1965 H.A. 250 Avtoralli, in H.A. livery that includes the national colours of Archana: red and gold.

The only visible changes from the consumer model are the addition of rally lights, the rear lip spoiler, and of course the roof mounted spares.

The drivers for the rally are Vladimir and Artyom (the government kept their full names secret) and high hopes were placed on them and the car, as it stood as an important milestone for H.A. and the glory of Archana.

12 Likes

G+C Engineering couldn’t pass up an opportunity for an extended reliability test of their latest creation, a 1.95L V6 with a lightweight aluminum block. The engine will power a rally-tuned version of their compact Cascadia CS in a tasty mint green. Lucky drivers will be the plucky Ethan Irving and stoic veteran Clark Morrison. Cheers to the Dalnit-Braka Rally!

6 Likes

Just a quick update on the numbers. I think I got everyone, but if not, make noise. :slight_smile:

I have so far received entries from:
1.) abg7
2.) Madrias
3.) RK38
4.) Der_Bayer
5.) TR8R
6.) DeusExMackia
7.) Puffster
8.) JohnWaldock
9.) Speedemon
10.) stm316
11.) Vri404