1973 Rally di Fruinia [FINISHED]

Because others scored better and were faster. In particular technical and budget scores were low for you. In terms of times, you were pretty average, not among the faster, with the exception of C0, but there you did end up the closest to a qualification spot.

Alright then. I guess rally cars aren’t really my strong suit. Cheers!

What was wrong with Eagle 802? Was it worse than in '52?

I guess I cannot really complain - all of my cars with less than 2.0L qualified, so it fits into the lore. 2.5+ is not for me.

Isn’t that a self-answering question? :stuck_out_tongue:

It did well considering its age, and the fact that it had competition that wasn’t from 1952.

1 Like

Bramble Motors Press Release, Day After Qualification Results

Bramble Motors is happy with the result of our Project 10, but are disappointed the Procida could not qualify to carry its engine’s legacy. Sadly, Valtter Palo and Jori Mattila have injured themselves in a local rally, and Bramble wishes them a speedy recovery. As a result, it gives us great pleasure to give Robert Chamberlain and William Moore the task of testing the concept in the wilds of Frunia.
The helmet design both driver and navigator will be using - the racing colours of Bramble, with a Yorkshire blue stripe of homeland pride!

Bramble wishes all competitors the best of luck in the coming event, and may the best driver win!

1 Like

Team: Uzina “Apulum” Alba-Iulia

C0 crew: Eugen Ionescu Cristea + Werner Hirschvogel

C3 crew: Two WW2 Romanian Air-Force aces: Constantin “Bâzu” Cantacuzino + Alexandru “Alecu” Șerbănescu (co-driver, injured august 1944)

220px-Al_Serbanescu_1943

Background story:

Apulum Alba-Iulia

And that’s the only power range that I’m near the top of.

Miraculously, my Gatz barely squeaked into the finals, despite being (from my view) nigh uncontrollable. It’s probably not going to do well, but at least it’ll be getting points.

One of only 4 cars in the class to score full points on drivability.

Z112 (C2) Driver: Ettore Furlan (♂ITA) Codriver: Roberto Tomasetig (♂ITA)

Z216 (C3) Driver: Sara Bevilacqua (♀ITA) Codriver: Francesco Bressan (♂ITA)

Z320 (C4) Driver: Armo Laitinen (♂FIN) Codriver: Giorgio Franzot (♂ITA)

KMS Z327 (C5) Driver: Riccardo Carrara (♂ITA) Codriver: Fabio Cresseri (♂ITA)

14 Likes

Psst, nationalities.

1 Like

So, I guess it was just my keyboard that was the real problem.

Glad that my Gatz was so drivable for you; guess I’m a better tuner of big cars than I thought I was.

Damn same, oh well… Wouldn’t have made it in anyway.

@private_miros : was there anything about the Regalis Rex that didn’t make it terrible to drive? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nope.

1 Like

I guess sticking to fairly lightly tuned road cars for lore reasons didn’t work out in the end. As much as I am disappointed, the 70s was when rally cars became proper dedicated machines, so it makes some sense :pensive:

IMR had the following to say about the performance of the 3000 R5 Diesel in the qualification stage:

We are the first to admit that the R5 is absolutely outclassed in this field, it was designed to compete in long distance endurance rallyes after all, where reliability, fuel economy and durability are far more important than speed. Nevertheless the R5 exceeded its goals, and has shown that diesel engine technology can perform as well as a matched petrol counterpart. The next step will be to increase performance of the engine by means of forced induction. We are currently developing a Supercharger as well as a Turbocharging kit for the existing engine.

Our drivers, Pilot Rainer Müller, 37 [GER] and Co-Pilot Friedrich Heinemann, 19 [GER] are preparing for the event.

2 Likes

Contendiente Competición: report 1

The mood was more than cheerful back at the team’s stand following the news of the Conte C100 qualifying in class C1. The head of engineering in the team has also personally congratulated Hugi-Anhultz following their victory in qualifying for class C1, and wished them luck in this rally.

Our two racers, driver Alejandro Flores [ESP] and codriver André Botelho [PT] are getting ready for the race now.

4 Likes

The goal of my qualification being more than just time-based, was to prevent only custom built cars - and even largely to prevent them from entering. This has largerly succeeded. The majority of cars can be interpreted as adapted production models, more or less lightly modified for racing.

Fauxhill-Aviator (and Aviator Utility)-Mouton-KZNG-Gatz Alliance (FAUM-KG) Press Release, Day After Qualification Results: 

“We are pleased to learn that six of our seven entries have made it through to the final stage of the 1973 Rally di Fruinia. We are especially pleased with the results of Mouton’s entries, #291 and #232, who both were at or near the top of the qualified vehicles. Even though KZNG’s entrant, #423, did not qualify in C5, our expectations have been more than exceeded by our current results. That being said, where would our cars be in the standings without our skilled drivers and navigators that have valiantly taken up the wheel (or the passenger seat)? Therefore, we would like to announce who will take the job of piloting our entrants to the top of the table - or so we hope.”

Summary

Mouton Cherie 750 R:

Driver:
Name: Amelie Mouton
Nationality: French

Mechanic/Navigator:
Name: Frank Tudor
Nationality: American

Mouton Premier 1100 R:

Driver:
Name: Alex Simmons

Mechanic/Navigator:
Name: Thomas Fowler

Aviator Ronolit E RXI:

Driver:
Name: Sydney Day

Mechanic/Navigator:
Name: Janet Flores

Aviator Primavera RXI:

Driver:
Name: August Gatz

Mechanic/Navigator:
Name: Jeffrey Atkins
Nationality: English

Fauxhill Mockingjay 2.0

Driver:
Name: Alfred Thompson

Mechanic/Navigator:
Name: Charlie Fauxhill

Gatz Verno 650-12

Driver:
Name: Charles Miller

Mechanic/Navigator:
Name: Edward MacGregor

“Six of these drivers and navigators are our factory regulars, and therefore will perform as expected - but six of them are…shall we say…interesting selections.”

(I’m going to be tempting fate with my drivers/navigators so hard…especially my Premier crew.)

3 Likes

darn crickets

1 Like

Still waiting for name and nationality confirmation for drivers and co-drivers of @LS-Vehicles, @VG33E, @abg7 and @SideswipeBL.

(@LS-Vehicles, lack of response will lead me to go to extreme measures, such as picking Swedish drivers.)

4 Likes