[deleted]

First, congratulations on actually getting something put together and uploaded, especially in the face of my initial skepticism. It’s one thing to work on it, it’s another to actually finish it, and it’s another again to actually get it finished between three people. Well done, all of you.

I see that the basics of the layout are there. My most major gripe would be the font and the colour palette: to be honest, most of it was hard to read. A lot of the colours should be muted so that the main focus of the graphic (the cars themselves) stand out more.

Currently, I do a little contribution to, shall we say, a rival publication :laughing: but if this one does take off serially, I’d definitely consider applying to pitch in here if that is possible.

Thanks for the feedback strop! :slight_smile: For the font part, Every single colour I tried in the Overcompensation part would not work because of the background. I Might try to create my own custom font for the INJECTION MAGAZINE part, so that will be improved for the next issue!

The fonts/colours is also the only thing I would like you to improve. Maybe use a font that’s not filled out, a font that only shows the outlines of the letters. Something like I’ve used for the titles in the pictures with text that I sent you. Though I obviously filled the blank areas of those fonts with colour for my pictures.

EDIT: Oh, and didn’t you like the overcompensation introduction that I made?

Oh no, don’t do that. That’ll make the letters even harder to read unless it’s a bold title!

Ideally, the background behind those letters should be faded or dimmed out, either darker with lighter text on top, or lighter with darker text on top. A radial gradient fill in a transparent layer with some kind of overlay filter may help.

Great!

[quote=“TheTom”]The fonts/colours is also the only thing I would like you to improve. Maybe use a font that’s not filled out, a font that only shows the outlines of the letters. Something like I’ve used for the titles in the pictures with text that I sent you. Though I obviously filled the blank areas of those fonts with colour for my pictures.

EDIT: Oh, and didn’t you like the overcompensation introduction that I made?[/quote]

No it is just that titleguy1 wanted to do some photo editing and the picture just fitted with the review.

A suggestion: add in the car reviews the version and engine of the car (e.g. Montes Urban 3.0 MRP v6), and a grille with the basic car specs (number and disposition of cylinders, capacity, aspiration, max power and rpm, max torque and rpm, weight, dimensions, trunk volume, fuel consumption, and price).

And add a final table, before the car note, and add the best and the worst of the car.

Great work, I know how satisfying it is to be able to click the submit button.

I agree with the other members, the text is almost impossible to read with the complex background (especially in the last article). I think the body text is written using a heading font rather than a body font which also contributes to the difficulty in reading. It is a combination of the font you are using and more importantly, the lack of contrast between the text and the background. Its why I just have my reviews posted in the forum so I don’t need to spend anytime on layouts etc.

There are a few grammatical errors here and there and the last comparison seems a bit strange - the winner is a different class of vehicle as it costs half what the others are.

Also things like 0-60 times are missing - the Montes Urban review doesn’t even say what type of engine or power it has.

But otherwise, congratulations on getting something out! There have been a lack of reviews recently, good to see you reinvigorating them!

[quote=“utopian201”]Great work, I know how satisfying it is to be able to click the submit button.

I agree with the other members, the text is almost impossible to read with the complex background (especially in the last article). I think the body text is written using a heading font rather than a body font which also contributes to the difficulty in reading. It is a combination of the font you are using and more importantly, the lack of contrast between the text and the background. Its why I just have my reviews posted in the forum so I don’t need to spend anytime on layouts etc.

There are a few grammatical errors here and there and the last comparison seems a bit strange - the winner is a different class of vehicle as it costs half what the others are.

Also things like 0-60 times are missing - the Montes Urban review doesn’t even say what type of engine or power it has.

But otherwise, congratulations on getting something out! There have been a lack of reviews recently, good to see you reinvigorating them![/quote]

I think that is the 2.0 Turbo 130 or the 1.7.

Nice work, it’s great that you actually delivered. From what I read, it’s great, but next time definitely give it a read through and fix those grammatical errors.

Congrats for your nice work (Speedemon, TheTom and titleguy1).

nicely done sir (maybe for issue 2 i should make a car)

It all came together very nicely! I also love the stuff in reviews like “It’s exciting in the same way getting shot is exciting.” :laughing:

Haha, thank you. I put lots of effort into those reviews, so it was great to see this all come together.

I’d like to give a critic comment on the magazine looks, but before a sarcastic comment: “Looking at this I was hoping to became colorblind”
On a more serious side, PLEASE look at how a magazine is made, calm down the saturation slider and study a bit of hue matching.

I wasn’t able to read the magazine because the color. It hurt my eyes. :frowning:

Would you like to get Airborne Automotive’s offroad proposition?

Sure!

[quote=“NormanVauxhall”]I’d like to give a critic comment on the magazine looks, but before a sarcastic comment: “Looking at this I was hoping to became colorblind”
On a more serious side, PLEASE look at how a magazine is made, calm down the saturation slider and study a bit of hue matching.

I wasn’t able to read the magazine because the color. It hurt my eyes. :frowning:[/quote]

Sorry about that…

I use google drawings to make the pictures and I don’t know all of the features yet. I am still learning! (I bet I sound stupid right now)

Google drawings O_O

I would suggest downloading GIMP. It’s… a little more versatile for one’s graphics needs, and it’s free, public license!

I have Inkscape, but I only know how to make race tracks.

I will experiment with Inkscape using some pictures I used in the last issue, and then work will start on issue #2.