Probably not. I'm not very familiar with any other people's car companies' lore or anything else that could be a good source for easter eggs, but some Automationeers names/user names might pop up in the game in some form.
I'm thinking of something like that, yeah. It's just that the rally monsters are perhaps more iconic and, since I don't have the license to use real manufacturers and models, it will feel weird to have some kind of fake version of those.
I have a list of cars in mind. Anything extra is "let's see what Santa Claus can do". Bear in mind that any car I'll make will be a fictional one but based on / inspired by real ones, not only because of licensing but also because for me it's much more fun if I don't have to make accurate replicas.
- mixture of Opel Kadett & Ford Escort (that first car, although I'll improve it a bit and change the livery slightly because that big Rotoroil logo is bugging me as it makes the game look like an advertisement for a fake company)
- Toyota Starlet
Definately going to do:
- Toyota Corolla Levin (not hatchback and not Trueno because that is in every game)
- mixture of Fiat 131 and some Lada, so basically a box with some smaller boxes and rectangles attached
- one of those old small and curvy shaped cars like Saab 96, Volvo Amazon etc.
- some slightly newer hatchback (late eighties, early nineties, so some Civic-esque or Peugeot 205 -like will be in)
- a boxy German sedan from late eighties with features from BMW, MB and/or Audi
At least one track from each country I've planned. Probably two, but it's a lot of work doing even just the one Finland track that I'm doing now. I have absolutely no idea if I'll even stay interested in the project for long enough to get to making other tracks. My current life situation is such that I should really get a job or I'll go crazy. And then who knows if I'll have time or energy for this. Being crazy takes about as much juice from you than a full time job.