[ENTRIES CLOSED] 2001 Family Midsize Sedan Challenge

(make a CSR except it isn't a CSR!)

The year is 2001. Crossovers weren’t really a thing yet and most families were buying sedans with which to carry themselves around or SUVs but we’re not going to be super concerned about that today. Therefore, your mission is to build a family sedan for 2001.

Design requirements:

• Maximum trim PU: 95
  • Maximum trim ET: 35
  • Minimum Fuel Economy: 20 MPG (US)
  • “Regular” (86 AKI/91 RON) recommended, but 90 AKI/95 RON allowed as well
  • Maximum engine PU: 45
  • Maximum engine ET: 40
  • Sequential gearboxes not allowed
  • Target price: $20000 at 20%
  • Minimum drivability: 55
  • Minimum comfort: 20
  • Minimum safety: 35

Entries will be judged on both Automation and BeamNG.

The current deadline is Friday, December 28 at 11:59 PM EST.

Submit cars by DMing the .car file to me on the forums or on Discord with 01FS-(Username) as your car’s name, and the trim level being the car’s actual name.

Good luck!

(also please tell me if there’s something wrong with the rules that I haven’t thought of)

12 Likes

this is my kind of challenge.

accord time

3 Likes

Are minivans allowed?

No matter how hard I try for original ideas, I know I’m going to loop around to an E46 clone. :joy:

thinking about plans for a W203/E46/B6 styled car

So, I should make a car higher or lower than this price?

And I don’t think I can get maximum ET of trim can get to 35 for a midsize. Best I could do is 70.

I managed to make one but yeah, it’s probably not my kind of car that I like to make. :grin: Whatever, nice challenge.

I beg to differ. I’ll give it a go if and when I have time.

1 Like

By the car being judged by Automation as well, does that mean the cars will be judged in a specific category? Or just the stats?

Just the stats, there’s no specific category you should be targeting

2 Likes

Also, I’m sure the trim year must be set to 2001 - but must the model year also be 2001, or can it be older?

The model can be from earlier than 2001, that’s OK

Last question for me… are wagons ok or does it have to be a straight-up sedan? It’s no problem either way… I have a pretty cool looking wagon I just built, but I could easily convert it to a sedan body.

now i’m doing this

do i go regular… or do i go overkill?

1 Like

WRX vibes

ahem

1 Like

Here comes the '01 Stück Seife
It looks, feels and drives like a soap bar, but at least it has German quality.

Helios Sorender

Albatross Motors presents the 2001 Albatross Oakland, the latest and greatest in midsize sedans. This car features a 2.0 liter turbocharged Inline 4, making 164 hp and 174 lb-ft of torque. Coupled to a 5 speed automatic transmission and front wheel drive, the Oakland can accelerate from 0-62 in 8.8 seconds and reach an electronically limited top speed of 130 mph. Even with this nice performance, fuel economy remains strong, with a rating of 50 MPG highway (47 MPG combined). The car rides on advanced, comfort-tuned independent suspension, and features 5 leather-trimmed seats and a CD player as standard. Safety features include a driver airbag, anti-lock brakes, traction control, and advanced electronic stability control. Prices start at $15,606. Please see your local Albatross dealer to learn more.

1 Like

2001 Huangdou Shijie V6 Honghu-Edition

Practicality with a touch of communism luxury

5 Likes

damn it I don’t want to go turbo but it looks like I have to.