Extreme Drag Racing

Once again, I felt that the Muscle Car War engines are too small, but not wanting to change the rules, decided to start this.

Engine Restrictions: Production Year 1965, V8, >400 CI, No Dual Overhead Cams, Super Leaded, NO DCOE, <200 Man hours.
Platform Restrictions: Production Year: 1965, Steel Monocoque, Longitudinal Engine, No Wings, 0 Quality.
Model Restrictions: RWD, MTBF >15,000 Miles, Single Clutch, 5/6 Speed Manual, Quality 10 Semislicks (everything else 0).

If you don’t know the submission rules, you haven’t been reading my posts :smiley:
Name of Car
Name of Car Company (optional)
Pictures (optional)
Quarter Mile Time

After 20 submissions, the Leaderboard will be updated.
Leaderboard:

I think that’s everything. If I missed anything or you think the rules should change, tell me.

My Submission:
Feral
Smith’s Racing Team

Powered by this: The 540 CI Untamed:

It set a Quarter Mile Time of 12.90 Seconds, mostly because the tires and the ground didn’t seem to get along very well :confused: However, it still managed a top speed of 220 MPH :smiley:

so we are allowed to change quality on the engine parts as long as we don’t exceed 200 man hours?

Yes :smiley:

Alright, here we go :slight_smile:

Even though your engine makes almost 100hp more, i was able to go faster down the quarter mile :slight_smile: i think that’s mostly because of the lower top speed which allows my car to accelerate faster. Also, the first gear goes up to 100km/h ^^

As the first screenshot says, my time is 12.78.

Good job!

I present the retuned Feral (drag version):

meh - MILES not KM

Mer_at I think you’re a little under MTBF

meh, miles …

Mars Engineering is proud to present the “ME Omura” Mark 2 - now with enhanced MTBF :stuck_out_tongue:
Quatermile: 12.10s @ 203kph

Ok thanks :smiley: sorry for the confusion

Step aside mortals. Spool Motorsports now delivers to you, the most anticipated model of 1965.

The 10.8L Drag Brute.

This competition only weapon requires each owner to complete a driving aptitude test unless your name is Jay Leno. I’ll let this animal speak for itself. Incidently we all offer a 4WD model as an option that cuts the quarter mile time to 11.1secs.

Enjoy.

:astonished: oh my :open_mouth:

Step aside Spool Motorsports because Lizzott Cars has arrived with the one dragster to rule them all.

The Lizzott Archrival 662. It is able to complete a quarter mile in 11.80s @ 216 Km/h.

It isn’t quite the most driver-friendly vehicle, but at least it is safe, comfortable and prestigious. :laughing:
i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad158/salen00b/Archrival662Stats_zpsc3a481d2.png
i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad158/salen00b/AutomationLauncher2014-04-1813-54-44-19_zps477e0709.png
i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad158/salen00b/AutomationLauncher2014-04-1814-00-19-73_zpsf3cda3b4.png
i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad158/salen00b/AutomationLauncher2014-04-1813-55-11-65_zps2cb8e1ea.png

Well done Saleenoob!

No shit…if you increase the weight, your 1/4 mile time decreases…while it has a detrimental effect on your top speed! :unamused:

One hell of a bug! I was going for the old drag racing formula - light body - big motor.

I actually limited the top speed at 215.

[quote=“Spool”]Well done Saleenoob!

No shit…if you increase the weight, your 1/4 mile time decreases…while it has a detrimental effect on your top speed! :unamused:

One hell of a bug! I was going for the old drag racing formula - light body - big motor.[/quote]

Not a bug, get your physics straight son :wink: more power and less weight only helps when you have the grip to back it up!

1 Like

Hey Killrob! Definitely correct, I just tried a few combinations and trap speed and times seem to work the way they should in relation to weight - I was just a bit shocked 335 semi slicks with a +10 modifier couldn’t hold it together that well. Does the coeffecient of friction constant you use in the sim change with the build date(eg 2014)? I could understand 1965 rubber being pretty average, especially for the torque involved.

Saleenoob, I’ve the trick of gearing it down to improve times but by slotting in an extra gear and then gearing it down so your terminal speed is at the 4th or 5th gear has the same effect and also gives the machine more legs for more circuit oriented competitions. I tried literally click by click on improving ultimate gearing/spacing to match terminal speed and 11.9 was all I could get. That extra 20 odd horsepower you had was just too much for me I think mate. :slight_smile:

The tyre friction coefficient indeed does increase over the years. If I remember correctly, it’s 30% higher in 2020 than in 1940 and it scales linearly between these years.

Sweet as, it’s just I’d pretty disappointed if I got to 2010ish and couldn’t get a 3.0L Turboed I6 to crack 900+HP and 9 sec quarter miles on a tyre thats bigger then 12.5" wide. :slight_smile: