Generations [LORE, UE4] [FINAL RESULTS]

With a name like that, I’d expect the Jetsetter to be really fast - and it looks great in deep purple as well!

It’s respectable… 0-60 below 10 seconds, 128 MPH top speed. It’s a big, heavy droptop cruiser. The closest IRL equivalent (of the year) would be the Oldsmobile Cutlass.

6 Likes

Olympus Motor Group boardroom - Detroit Michigan - April 29, 1967

Dale Rathbone: These reliability issues are going to kill me!
Joe Rathbone: Take it easy! With your high blood pressure, they just might.
Dale: We’re supposed to be at the top of the industry. We can’t have reliability problems.
Joe: Our biggest issues are associated with our luxury appointments, and accessories.
Dale: I understand new technology has bugs to work out, but how can we get past this.
Joe: I would suggest we spend more time and money on improving their quality.
Dale: People won’t pay for that!
Joe: People will pay for whatever we give them. Our cars are the best luxury vehicles on the market.
Dale: It’s just so frustrating. I can’t breathe!
Joe: I know.
Dale: No! Joe! I can’t breathe!
Joe: What?
Dale: Joe! I think I’m having a heart attack!

7 Likes

Deer and Hunt Repair shop. 1966 8pm

The room was full with the smell of Whiskey and cigarette smoke. Both Jason and William are sitting on a table and look at each other.

“So what now Jason” William broke the silence.

“I don’t know Will… Luxury doesn’t seem to be our strong suit”

“Maybe a redo?”

“No… we already did that. We need something.”

“BUT what”

“We went to far from our path… we have to go back”

“We cant do that Jason…”

“Maybe we can… I have an idea. Get the notepad”

Cars sold by 1969 :

SuperCoupe
Tines
Fallow
Buck MKII

12 Likes

In 1962, Kimura entered the American market with their VX and K-C models. It was not until 1964 when they began the production of their all-time best selling model, the Auburn.

The final generation of the VX was produced from 1968 up until 1974, where the model was discontinued for good due to slow sales and a focus on the then-booming sales of the Auburn.

Kimura faced economic crisis in 1971 which also contributed to the inevitable discontinuation of the VX series with the possibility of facing a hostile takeover from Nohda.

Here is an ad for the 1969 Kimura VX-21.

20 Likes

Click the advert to go to the ACA thread page

16 Likes

A little over 24 hours to go. I currently have 14/24 possible submissions in my hands.

6 Likes

Coyote%20Advert

Coyote lore found HERE

8 Likes
13 Likes

Following the successful introduction of the Pollux for 1964, a facelift came for 1968.
Here’s the 1969 model year wagon.

More information here.

16 Likes

13 Likes

<Leviathan Motor Company (LMC) - No longer updated - #24 by Chickenbiscuit

15 Likes

TAKEMI 100G APOLLO

7 Likes

• Blake : it has been 2 years since the FALMO GTL was launched the sales number never went up as any of us wanted it to.

• Grudsen : well our prediction was slightly off. the economy really did grow as we expected. but the market turned to a new space that we didn’t expected. the used to be niche sports car is now the most profitable market

• Shew : that’s just business as usual. we try to predict and do the best we can, but we never really know what’s just around the corner

• Hamston : at least it did buy us a lot of time. this new car is taking a long time to make. it’s everything we have never did yet. or the market. at least as far as we know, right now, nobody is doing a fuel injection anymore, and i feel like it’s time. 4 valves per cylinder. one upping everyone.

• Grudsen : let’s just hope it actually sells well. i still don’t agree that we’re pushing upmarket. again, the GTL is a disappointment in sales. why are we going up instead of down?

• Blake : i’ve explained it to you before and i’ll tell you again. image. company image. we could forever be known as the manufacturer that makes cheap cars, and that way people won’t look to our brand when we make something special. but going just enough upmarket means we can cover both the premium and the budget market in the future.

• Grudsen : still doesn’t mean it’s the best financial decision. at least i can’t see it being that way

• Shew : ahahaha. getting grumpier as we got older aren’t we. anyway, despite that, you’re still managing the company flawlessly

• Grudsen : yeah. but it’s often a headache.

• Shew : haha it’s only going to get worse in the near future. we’re getting too old now. we don’t have that much time left to hold this position. while we’re looking for our successor, we are slowly planning about leaving something behind.

• Grudsen : …so you’re saying just having built this company is not ‘something’ enough?

• Blake : smirk no. a company is just a brand that the average people know us for. we’re talking about something that will be remembered because it’s by us, not the company, because it’s outrageous enough that people remembers the car. not the company that makes the car. and would make people drool for one when they see it.

• Grudsen : sigh that’s for the future i guess

• Shew : i see you’re not complaining about it

• Grudsen : …

12 Likes

Clark: Is the deal done? Are we selling these now?
Jeffrey: Yes, and here’s our ad for the new car:

Clark: There’s no text on it.
Jeffrey: Oops, wrong ad.

11 Likes

Lore post.

11 Likes

I must say that in 1969, right after the failure of the Corvair and the debate that “unsafe at any speed” started (even though the Corvair would have been doomed without that book too tbh), it is a brave decision to launch a rear engined car of that size…

1 Like

All - it’s been a hell of a day. I’m just now sitting down to start going through things, so I won’t have results until sometime tomorrow.

11 Likes

I… I hate to have to do this, but it’s very likely I’ll have to withdraw for an unknown amount of time after this round concludes. My desktop went down hard. Pump failure, and also blew the northbridge heatsink fan to pieces, and it won’t run without that.

6 Likes

:tada: Oh… That’s soooo terrible… How will my company survive without Sinistra to compete with me… :tada::confetti_ball::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But seriously though… That sux man, your cars will be missed and I hope you can get back online soon! :sob:

5 Likes