Hot hatches thread

The first good use of that body I have ever seen.

2 Likes

That body’s not easy to work with, but this actually looks alright- good job!

3 Likes

2018 Pikemen Morib 1.8 M-Tune

An affordable hot hatch that was aimed at Asia market especially people who can’t afford higher-end hot hatch like Golf GTi and such.

Powered by 1.8 4-cylinder, powering up to 180hp and 203nm torque, powering the front wheel and only comes in 5-speed manual.

16 Likes

The 1988 Autobello Luxor Scorpion-

• Steel ladder chassis, steel body
  • Double wishbone front suspension, leaf springs rear
  • Transverse FWD
  • Open diff
  • 5-speed manual transmission
  • Solid front disc brakes, drums rear
  • 165/65R14 tyres all round
  • Standard equipment includes alloy wheels, 8-track, front headrests
  • Mono-tube dampers

Engine specs-

• 1700cc SOHC 2V F4
  • Aluminium block, cast internals
  • Journal bearing single turbo
  • 9.5:1 compression
  • Single point EFI
  • Short cast headers
  • 51mm single exhaust
  • Rev limit at 6600rpm

Stats-

• 0-60mph in 9.7s
  • Top speed 109mph
  • 873kg
  • 91hp at 5900rpm
  • 95lb/ft at 3400rpm
  • 0.83g cornering
  • 26.9mpg
  • Approximate cost $11000
  • Set a time of 1:41.5 at Airfield test track
3 Likes

Why ladder? Why solid rear axle? Why journal bearing? Why so high compression? Why so little power with a turbo 1.7? SPFI and 2" exhaust are also suspicious, especially in sth that’s meant to be a hot hatch.

The car it’s based on is very, very cheap and pretty utilitarian, hence the leaf springs and ladder chassis, and I still wanted this to be fairly cheap. It’s not meant to be extreme or anything. Exhaust size was for the best balance of power and efficiency.

Ladder chassis in an 80s hatchback is India level cheap, not even China nor Eastern Bloc. But even then it would be a bit of a stretch. Cheap =/= maximally crude. And I bet there’s more to squeeze out of that engine, even despite it’s a turbo B4, which with the current turbos is the hardest configuration to work with. I could help with that, if you want.

I really appreciate that!! Thats actually my 2nd iteration of that design/body, the original didnt make the cut lol.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate that. Definitely a quirky design from the start, but I tried.

1 Like

1987 Bandini Corpocorto AV
50bhp
For when city living is just a little too dull. A tiny little supermini designed for the tight, twisting roads of the italian cities. Fun and forgiving with a healthy dose of practicality all in one package

Bandini, Auto Convenienti

7 Likes

1992 Hampton Fennec Sprint

The second-generation Fennec Sprint, produced from 1992 to 2001, was one of the first models to be developed by Hampton Performance and Racing after it became a factory operation. Powered by a 140-horsepower naturally aspirated inline-four driving the front wheels via a five-speed manual gearbox, its light weight and skillfully tuned suspension made it a favorite among contemporary hot hatch fans.

For the 1996 model year, the Fennec Sprint would receive an extra 10 bhp and the option of a limited-slip differential, while a CD player became standard. Production continued until 2001, when it was replaced by an all-new model. Today, the mere fact that it is a lightweight, normally aspirated hot hatch with few driving aids (something no longer possible today) makes it a sought-after affordable modern classic.

4 Likes

Introducing the new for 2021 Wells J-100 subcompact sport coupe.

If you’re gonna do it, might as well look good while doing it.

Made to be easy on the eyes and easy on your pockets. For a mere $28,100, who said looking good has to break the bank.

Power comes from an all aluminum DOHC inline 4 producing a healthy 155hp @6k rpm. And our slick shifting 6spd manual will help you keep the power where you need it at all times.

If style is what you want, style is what you get, and save a little bit while you’re at it.

1978 AMB C110 SPT

Front and Back

has 90 hp.

7 Likes

Awesome paintjob! How did you do it?

The livery was made custom with “RB Insanity mod”.

2 Likes

Bramhall Vixen VSi 1984

3 Likes

Technically not a hatchback, but I think this still fits here- the 2004 Hirochi Sunburst Sport RS FWD (there was an AWD version too but that was a more extreme rally model)-

• Galvanised steel monocoque chassis, steel panels
  • Macpherson strut front suspension, semi trailing arm rear
  • Transverse FWD
  • 6-speed manual transmission
  • Geared LSD
  • 215/45R17 tyres all round, alloy wheels
  • Vented disc brakes all round (3-piston front, 1-piston rear)
  • 5 seats, standard equipment includes 2 airbags, CD player, air con, traction control
  • Mono-tube dampers

Engine specs-

• 2000cc DOHC 4V I4
  • Aluminium block, forged internals
  • VVT
  • 9:1 compression
  • Single ball bearing turbo, 66.5mm compressor, 67.5mm turbine
  • Multi-point per-cylinder EFi
  • 63.5mm single exhaust, short cast headers
  • Rev limit at 7700rpm

Performance stats-

• 240hp at 7200rpm
  • 206lb/ft at 5200rpm
  • 0-62mph in 6.7s
  • Top speed 168mph
  • 100-0mph in 4.6s
  • 1345kg (59/41 split)
  • 36.7mpg
  • Approximate cost $23600
2 Likes

Umm that looks like a sedan

More specifically, like a sedan with huge mirrors and unusually large turbo.

2 Likes

I did say “technically not a hatchback”, but the Subaru Impreza’s in that same ballpark and this thing’s still hatchback-size